Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Tweet's Lock Re-Key / Repair / Restoration Services
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
tweet
QUOTE(cal914 @ Jun 25 2017, 10:16 AM) *

How much for full lock refurb plus door handels rechromed
Thanks B

A full service for a complete lock set runs from $590-$640. The price varies on which model/year you have. The ignition locks have different pricing as seen above, for reference. This does not include chrome. Currently we are offering Concours quality show chrome, but the service is very expensive so we are offering a lower cost alternative; handle replacement (not included in this quoted pricing; additional).
With Forum Member Discount, prices drop $49-$54.

The full service includes:
Full disassembly of all lock assemblies/reassembly
Deep cleaning and treatment for oxidation
Inspection for condition and comprehensive condition report to customer
Strip and refinish t-handle assembly with black self etching primer and epoxy paint
Cold galvanize all cams (3)
Replace door handle nylon cams (2)
Replace internal seals (4)
High polish trunk, lock brass retaining nut
Polish glove glove lock retaining nut
Replace all mounting hardware (3)
Rebuild all lock cylinders with new brass tumblers and springs (6)
Polish all steel face caps and collar (5)
New lube
Decode/cut to code keys
New Porsche OEM Master blank plus cut
New Porsche OEM Valet blank plus cut
Quality control check
(on 914-6 drill steering lock housing to remove embedded roll pin)
tweet
Another order we recently finished up for a customer. This owner is hands on and is doing some of the lock work himself, but needed a hand up. That's okay with us because we will work with customers' parts based on their need; anything we can help with we will. He has a NOS 75-76 ignition lock and wanted us to match his lock cylinders to his NOS ignition key. We also replaced missing valet tumblers for the t-handle, cleaned, lubed and polished all the parts. We then rebuilt the lock cylinders and cut new keys.
tweet
This is a lock set we refurbished recently. This time we have some close ups of our keying and what a proper rekey should look like. Notice all of the tumblers are flush at the shear line. And no, no tumbler grinding is necessary to get them to seat properly.

tweet
Here are some keys we made to code for a 911 customer. Even when your keys are not good candidates for duplication, new keys can be made to your code. Don't know your code, not to worry we can decode your keys and locks. This key was bowed and bent; compare to the new master and valet on either side.
tweet
This was an order we did for a member. Although it wasn't a complete lock set, this job did present quite a challenge. We brought these locks back from the brink. They had substantial condition issues, damage and wear. The ignition was rebuilt, the steering lock cleaned and lubed to prevent jamming and the door handle was repaired. A new key was made and it works smoothly in both the newly rebuilt and existing lock cylinders.

tweet
Here is some recent work we did for a 914-6 customer. Handle bases were replaced with new after market and the rest of the locks were rebuilt. The client has a nice 914-6 project car and he wanted to keep the locks as original as possible while still working within a budget. So, the after market door handles are a fair compromise for now. They can always be upgraded at a later date since the lock set is now matched and rebuilt to a new set of OEM Porsche keys.

mepstein
I have to send you my locks so I can get the 911 ignition switch re-keyed to the 914 key.

So far Dan has:
Fixed my motorcycle ignition lock - in pieces, missing pieces, missing key.
Fixed the broken ignition lock on my 914 and made a proper key for it.

I’m very pleased with the work.
tweet
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 10 2017, 12:31 PM) *

I have to send you my locks so I can get the 911 ignition switch re-keyed to the 914 key.

So far Dan has:
Fixed my motorcycle ignition lock - in pieces, missing pieces, missing key.
Fixed the broken ignition lock on my 914 and made a proper key for it.

I’m very pleased with the work.

Hello Mark,
Sure thing, whenever you are ready. Thank you for the positive feedback. It has been a pleasure handling your lock work.
Regards,
Dan & Alicia
tweet
Here's a rechromed trunk lock we built for a client. We keyed to his master key and now he has something to fill that once empty spot.

smile.gif

tweet
Here is another ignition switch saved. This one is going back overseas. The ignition was no longer starting the car and the owner's key was bent. So, we rebuilt the unit and made two new keys to code.

tweet
This is a set of locks a client sent in for keys and repairs. The client has owned the vehicle for a long time. His ignition switch had the typical electrical failure. So, we rebuilt it . We also serviced his matching handles. The lock set did not have any key code information and the client's key was very worn and twisted. So, we decoded all three locks and were able to cut one new set of keys to operate all three. Now his lock set will perform as it should.

tweet
This is a trunk lock that needed some repairs. The client wanted to do some of the work himself to keep costs to a minimum. So, we were happy to assist with his request. We replaced the damaged lock cylinder, tumblers and springs. We replaced the seals and cleaned and lubed. Now he will be able to secure his rear trunk. No job is too small. All of our customers are just as important to us.

forrestkhaag
Say what you will but a few years past, i bought a 914 sight unseen and every lock and key was missing or not fitting in its appointments....... but tweet came to the rescue... new locks, new ignition and keys to match / and all things right with the valet key properly color coded.

Toss in the spec data to reproduce the keys if needed in the future, and you have a service and vendor that follows thru and produces. I say go Tweet. first.gif

tweet
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 6 2018, 08:25 PM) *

Say what you will but a few years past, i bought a 914 sight unseen and every lock and key was missing or not fitting in its appointments....... but tweet came to the rescue... new locks, new ignition and keys to match / and all things right with the valet key properly color coded.

Toss in the spec data to reproduce the keys if needed in the future, and you have a service and vendor that follows thru and produces. I say go Tweet. first.gif

Hello Forrest,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. You rock!

aktion035.gif

-Alicia and Dan
tweet
Here is a door handle we serviced and rekeyed for a client. We also replaced the internal seal and installed a new nylon cam. When the handle is off the car it is the best time to fully service it. It saves a lot of time in the future and more work taking the door apart again later.

914-300Hemi
Do you rekey 911 locks as well?
tweet
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 2 2018, 09:22 AM) *

Do you rekey 911 locks as well?

Yes, we do all air cooled VW and Porsche from 1950-1998.
tweet
So, we haven't updated our thread in a while. This restoration was a complete overhaul. This restored set is on its way to Kenya. The before and after pics tell the story.

stevie 77 930
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 9 2018, 11:47 AM) *

So, we haven't updated our thread in a while. This restoration was a complete overhaul. This restored set is on its way to Kenya. The before and after pics tell the story.

Anyone have any contact with Dan lately? I sent him my trunk lock 2 months ago , fully paid for his services. He quickly acknowledged receipt of payment and receipt of my lock. But now, after several emails both privately and through EBay, I haven't had any replies. Getting a little worrisome
FlacaProductions
Not to be too much of a snoop, but using the tools provided here it seems his last log in was 26th June 2019 - 07:55 AM - so...it appears he's around.
mb911
That's kind of his MO.. I had a similar experience but did get my parts back better then when I sent them..
stevie 77 930
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 28 2019, 01:25 PM) *

That's kind of his MO.. I had a similar experience but did get my parts back better then when I sent them..

That’s encouraging
mb911
Yes not the best comminication at all and frustration is part of the equation but it eventually work's out. It Will not be fast.
Larmo63
I sent my trunk lock to him at least three weeks ago, and it apparently has fallen into the abyss.

I've sent multiple messages, and I KNOW my package had a clear return address on it.

No biggie, just really bad customer relations. I'd advise NOT to send your stuff to him. I didn't send money, but money isn't the issue with me. I have the money.

I guess I now lose an original key to my car and a random rear lock that I had hoped would be re-keyed to match my doors.

Maybe there are issues going on he can't control, who knows?

Buyer beware.
mb911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 28 2019, 07:37 PM) *

I sent my trunk lock to him at least three weeks ago, and it apparently has fallen into the abyss.

I've sent multiple messages, and I KNOW my package had a clear return address on it.

No biggie, just really bad customer relations. I'd advise NOT to send your stuff to him. I didn't send money, but money isn't the issue with me. I have the money.

I guess I now lose an original key to my car and a random rear lock that I had hoped would be re-keyed to match my doors.

Maybe there are issues going on he can't control, who knows?

Buyer beware.

I just sent an email to him to return my parts as arrived as I was done with the delays. Then followed up with a few phone messages and then got my stuff back. It took 3 plus months from start to finish.
FlacaProductions
Rats - that's not what I want to hear as I have a few little details I need sorted and this service sounds perfect....
simonjb
He has $500 plus my handles since December 2018. I've commenced a claim in the Miami Small Claims Court. Sorry to say. He is full of promises, but he never follows through.
AmjadY
I ordered some tumblers from him on eBay, They were supposed to arrive in about 10 days. 3 weeks later after 3 unanswered emails I filed a claim with eBay. Only then did he reply. Apparently he has had some "health issues". About 5 weeks after my order I received the tumblers as described.

I hope everyones orders get straightened out...
Tdskip
It makes me sad to say it but people are having the same sorts of issues over at Pelican.
Larmo63
I think I lost my stuff here. I'm bummed, because he has an original key to my car that was NOS.

Wow.
mepstein
It's strange. I had good service in the past and last year he jumped on a floor pan I had for sale and paid me quickly. In the last 6-12 months, he's done a 180 and made life miserable for his customers. I don't know what's up but I wish he would stop taking people's parts. It's worse than just taking their money.
AmjadY
Seeing as I did receive my parts I would take him at his word, that he’s sick, and hope for the best. Yes, I know that sounds naive but he has been providing a good service on this board and others for years. Hopefully he is recovering...

Having said that, you would have to be crazy to send him anything more at this point!
mb911
QUOTE(AmjadY @ Aug 1 2019, 03:00 PM) *

Seeing as I did receive my parts I would take him at his word, that he’s sick, and hope for the best. Yes, I know that sounds naive but he has been providing a good service on this board and others for years. Hopefully he is recovering...

Having said that, you would have to be crazy to send him anything more at this point!

agree.gif
JmuRiz
Darn, another casualty of my procrastination. I should have sent my stuff 5 years ago sad.gif
I haven't sent anything yet, now I'll either wait another 5 or find another source confused24.gif
stevie 77 930
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 1 2019, 03:19 PM) *

I think I lost my stuff here. I'm bummed, because he has an original key to my car that was NOS.

Wow.

Me too, including original master key. Looks like i am in the market for a trunk lock.....
bandjoey
If you just need keys or a rekey you can take your lock to any Locksmith shop. They won't chrome the body but they can rekey the locks or make new master keys to the locks anytime. Note: They will use Ilco keys (perfect keys) but if you want the Porsche name on the handle you will have to provide them yourself) N'ther Note: Not a key keosk but a commercial real locksmith with a big shop full of safes and lock stuff.

Example: No affiliation just information:

https://michaelskeyslocksmith.com/colleyvil...ASAAEgJ5qPD_BwE
stevie 77 930
Stated thinking about any recourse for our missing locks and keys......and not to pry into anyone's privacy, but all of this info is on the web

I remembered looking up Dan and Alicia's address when i sent them him my stuff....

Here is the ask for any Homestead, FL "914worlders" in the area....
Any chance of driving by and knocking on the door and inquiring ????

I attempted calling a number listed on peoplesearch...disconnected

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/address/12...estead-fl-33032

Dan Roman and Alicia Meulener

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12220+SW+...3;4d-80.3888231

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks
simonjb
QUOTE(AmjadY @ Aug 1 2019, 05:00 PM) *

Glad you got yours. Seems like he only responds when he may have to give money back. I did a paypal complaint - he got in touch, then nothing. You can only complain once as I understand. So while he may be sick, he seems to improve when the cash is real.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.