Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Name is T.C. & I'm a Teenoholic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
carr914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 20 2016, 03:50 PM) *

Whats the dealio on the Martini 924 shades.gif

Don't know except it's always in the way!
ThePaintedMan
Not sure if this is the thread that T.C. wanted these in, but I went ahead and tore Betsy's carbs completely down. They were gummed up, including the throttle shafts, requiring a teardown. Removed the butterflies, regreased/repacked the shaft bearings, replaced all parts in the kit, reset the float levels, repeened the lead plugs and did a total rebuild. Whenever someone sends me carbs, I try my best to document the linkage adapters and assemble them exactly as they came to me so they are plug-and-play when the customer receives them (of course the final picture doesn't show that headbang.gif ). Hopefully T.C. can bolt these in and get her back on the road. Of course, since we're both in the same area, I'm going to come by and sync them when he's ready, but for now, I think these will do well.

Before:
Click to view attachment

Green (old gas) blink.gif :
Click to view attachment

After:
Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
Nice George.
carr914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 1 2016, 07:20 PM) *

Not sure if this is the thread that T.C. wanted these in, but I went ahead and tore Betsy's carbs completely down. They were gummed up, including the throttle shafts, requiring a teardown. Removed the butterflies, regreased/repacked the shaft bearings, replaced all parts in the kit, reset the float levels, repeened the lead plugs and did a total rebuild. Whenever someone sends me carbs, I try my best to document the linkage adapters and assemble them exactly as they came to me so they are plug-and-play when the customer receives them (of course the final picture doesn't show that headbang.gif ). Hopefully T.C. can bolt these in and get her back on the road. Of course, since we're both in the same area, I'm going to come by and sync them when he's ready, but for now, I think these will do well.

Before:
Click to view attachment

Green (old gas) blink.gif :
Click to view attachment

After:
Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif

You are Awesome George! aktion035.gif

Carlos is away this weekend, so I will be going down there the weekend after.

I've got plenty to put on;
the 5 Lug Fuchs (6&7s) are Polished, Tires Mounted
The 908 Calipers are back from PMB - Super Great Service from Eric. These were rebuilt by Eric a couple of years ago, but just installed recently, but leaked like Crazy. I quick call to E and they were on their way back to him. He said he had never seen the problem before, re-sealed them and they are back in Sarasota and on the car.
I bought a MSD Billit Dizzy, so that will go on.

Then it will be super road worthy.

After that, I have a RennShifter to install!

carr914
Got a lot of work done today!

Had the Wheels Polished - I think it makes the Color POP!

Before

Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Lovin' that car wub.gif
carr914
Big Shout out to PMB for some very quick Warranty Work!

Another Shout out to ThePaintedMan for Rebuilding my Carbs!

Always a Shout Out to Millie for her wonderful Service Covers! If you don't have one of these, buy Two - 1 for yourself and 1 for a fellow 914 buddy!

Click to view attachment
carr914
Work Completed today;

ReInstall PMB built 908 Calipers & bled the system

Installed MSD Billet Dizzy, MSD Programmable Ignition Box, Blaster, Plug Wires

Installed Rebuilt Carbs, re-did the Linkage.

Cleaned up the Wheel Stud Threads, Mounted the Wheels

searched around the Shop for Parts that I knew were there!

Drank Beer with my buddy Carlos! drunk.gif

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 11 2016, 06:54 PM) *

Lovin' that car wub.gif

Thanks, I'm lovin it too!

I hated this car for a while as it sat in Paint Prison for so long and that is why I sold it to Carlos & his partner. Glad I could work a deal to get it back.

I have re-ignited Carlos's interest in 914s. He now has his Partners 914-6 Race Car that I sold him, the 74 little rusty but restorable 914 that that came from 4Blades and a Customers 1.7

Carlos is a Porsche Master Mechanic - other cars in his shop, Carrera 3.0 Targa, '70 911S, 928 Race Car, 993 Turbo, 996 Cup Car that was driven by Wolf Hensler, 964 Cab, 944 Turbo Race Car, and 4-5 996s
carr914
Coming home to Tampa tomorrow! Soon!

Forgot it needs to be aligned headbang.gif

But The Brakes are done - those 911S/908 Calipers are tough to Bleed!

Click to view attachment
carr914
ThePaintedMan, I just left you a VM to see if you wanted to ride to Sarasota Never got a hold of you.

914s running, but I need your magic dialing the carbs in!

Click to view attachment
carr914
Other Shots around the Shop for Boy's Day. Carlos, John & I have been friends for 25 Years

Click to view attachment
carr914
My old carr! (twice) Original Rich Johnson/Brad Roberts Build, went to NJ with HAN914, I bought it, traded it, bought it back, traded it for the Blue carr blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JRust
TC I love Betsy & the work done to it. Only question I have. Why do the 16x7 in back but stick with the 16x6 up front. The 7's fit better up front anyway. Plus look better confused24.gif In my opinion anyway. You have my blessing to change the front's to 16x7 to make it look right evilgrin.gif Which we all know everyone covet's happy11.gif (my blessing) aktion035.gif
carr914
Because that is what I had
Cairo94507
Oh...so the front rims are 6"????? OK, I still want that car. I will suffer with the 6" rims up front I guess. beerchug.gif
carr914
It's back home for the 1st time in 2 Years. A few Stories to tell. I'll get her cleaned up in the morning for some pictures
ThePaintedMan
I'm a shithead and didn't make it out to the shop today again headbang.gif Really sorry T.C. - this whole Daddy thing takes more time than I ever thought it would. I'll tune the carbs Monday evening if that works for you.
URY914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 16 2016, 08:07 PM) *

Really sorry T.C. - this whole Daddy thing takes more time than I ever thought it would.

av-943.gif
carr914
lol-2.gif
carr914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 25 2016, 11:32 PM) *

TC I love Betsy & the work done to it. Only question I have. Why do the 16x7 in back but stick with the 16x6 up front. The 7's fit better up front anyway. Plus look better confused24.gif In my opinion anyway. You have my blessing to change the front's to 16x7 to make it look right evilgrin.gif Which we all know everyone covet's happy11.gif (my blessing) aktion035.gif

I like the Combo! The Fronts are Spaced out close to an inch - I had Longer Studs, so no biggie

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
looks great!
carr914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 16 2016, 11:07 PM) *

I'm a shithead and didn't make it out to the shop today again headbang.gif Really sorry T.C. - this whole Daddy thing takes more time than I ever thought it would. I'll tune the carbs Monday evening if that works for you.

Thanks for coming by tonight!
ThePaintedMan
No problem dude. pray.gif

I've got some more work to do on that linkage, but we'll get it whipped into shape soon enough.
Jetsetsurfshop
I just finished up installing Chris Foley linkage and my dad adjusted it. Were impressed with what we've seen so far. Won't be going back to the hex bar anytime soon.

T.C. Are you doing Chump, Sebring this year? driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jul 19 2016, 09:54 PM) *

I just finished up installing Chris Foley linkage and my dad adjusted it. Were impressed with what we've seen so far. Won't be going back to the hex bar anytime soon.

T.C. Are you doing Chump, Sebring this year? driving.gif

I don't have a Hex Bar, it's a Central Pivot with 2 Linkage Bars

Yes, I'm doing Chump Sebring with my 914 English buddy Geoff again. We are racing with the same Team as last year. We have our choice of running the same BMW we ran last year or a Mercedes with Chevy LS drivetrain
bulitt
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 16 2016, 11:07 PM) *

av-943.gif You would have been a shithead had you put TC's carbs ahead of your baby George. And maybe up shitcreek with the wife? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.