Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are all the chassis number stamps located?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I know one is on the right upper inner panel and one is located on the right side of the trunk floor pan. Of course there is the pillar tag in the door jamb. But where else?

The reason I'm asking is in preparation of the work I will be doing on the 6. I don't want to accidentally cut out or through anything that has a number stamping. sawzall-smiley.gif
r_towle
Something up under the dash...but I recall that would be hand written.
You should see if you can locate and read the thread from BR and Andy when they disected the prototype.
That came up...with tons of photos.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 10 2013, 08:30 AM) *

Something up under the dash...but I recall that would be hand written.

Ok, I'm good there. I'll be stopping way short of the dash. unsure.gif smile.gif
r_towle
Up front, inner passenger fender...stamped.
Then again, inner passenger fender, pop riveted plate.

Not sure about what year had what plate and where it was....that changed a few times.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 10 2013, 08:33 AM) *

Up front, inner passenger fender...stamped.
Then again, inner passenger fender, pop riveted plate.

Not sure about what year had what plate and where it was....that changed a few times.

Yep, the riveted plate is intact and located on the bumper brace. Only riveted so it's an easy save.
toolguy
On a six, the trunk floor number is located in the center behind where the lock goes about 6 inches in. . . .
there are no other stamped ones other than the one in the front pass. fender liner. . then the front tag and the drivers window tag,

the hole is the center muffler shield mount for reference

rick 918-S
QUOTE(toolguy @ Nov 10 2013, 08:51 AM) *

On a six, the trunk floor number is located in the center behind where the lock goes about 6 inches in. . . .
there are no other stamped ones other than the one in the front pass. fender liner. . then the front tag and the drivers window tag,

That's good to know. I hadn't looked yet and just assumed the 6 had the same trunk stamp location as the 4.
McMark
The front trunk vin tag is on the bumper support? Post a pic of that. Doesn't sound right. Should be on the headlight bucket.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 10 2013, 06:29 AM) *
But where else?

VIN locations:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio...op_helpvin.html

Chassis Number locations:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio...elpchassis.html

Build Date locations:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio...p_helpdate.html

Paint Code locations:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio..._helppaint.html

smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 10 2013, 11:48 AM) *

The front trunk vin tag is on the bumper support? Post a pic of that. Doesn't sound right. Should be on the headlight bucket.

Brain fade... It was on the HL bucket. screwy.gif
shoguneagle
do not cut out or paint over the fed sticker regarding import, smog(?), etc. This usually found on the left bottom rear door sill and you would be surprised how many people destroy/paint over this sticker.

Steve
carr914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Nov 10 2013, 09:51 AM) *

agree.gif
doug_b_928
I've always been curious about this: what if there are some rust bubbles under the sticker? Is there some way to salvage it?
scotty b
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Nov 10 2013, 02:55 PM) *

I've always been curious about this: what if there are some rust bubbles under the sticker? Is there some way to salvage it?

Chances are no, but you could try and score the paint a half inch or so away from the stickers edge and try to peel the paint off with the sticker still attached. Then you could scrape the paint off the sticker and reglue it confused24.gif

FWIW, I would go into this process assuming it will not work
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Nov 10 2013, 03:21 PM) *

do not cut out or paint over the fed sticker regarding import, smog(?), etc. This usually found on the left bottom rear door sill and you would be surprised how many people destroy/paint over this sticker.

Steve

SoCalAndy makes exact duplicates.
doug_b_928
Great, thanks guys!
walterolin
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 10 2013, 07:36 PM) *

Steve

Had a problem with Andy. Long story. He cashed my $90.00 check and never sent the sticker, after promising to send it with delivery confirmation. He doesn't respond to PMs.

Walter Olin
rick 918-S
QUOTE(walterolin @ Nov 10 2013, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 10 2013, 07:36 PM) *

Steve

Had a problem with Andy. Long story. He cashed my $90.00 check and never sent the sticker, after promising to send it with delivery confirmation. He doesn't respond to PMs.

Walter Olin

Completely shocked to read this. I know Andy. He's a stand up guy. Lets get his side too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.