Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender flares...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mgp4591
I'm looking for something a little different than the standard 914-6 flares we see. They do look good, but are there other options that are more unique?
HalfMoon
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Nov 22 2013, 11:07 AM) *

I'm looking for something a little different than the standard 914-6 flares we see. They do look good, but are there other options that are more unique?

Mines got a Sheridan kit.
Click to view attachment
Michael N
My neighbor gave me a cd with a bunch of vintage Porsches running Laguna back in the 70s. I like the look of these flares. Only time I have ever seen this type.

Click to view attachment

mgp4591
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 22 2013, 10:14 AM) *

My neighbor gave me a cd with a bunch of vintage Porsches running Laguna back in the 70s. I like the look of these flares. Only time I have ever seen this type.

Click to view attachment

I like the look with the outer rib on the flare, looks more like a narrow body theme. I've seen alot of the Sheridan and IMSA type including the Patrick Motorsports cars and they all look good, but I'm looking for something out of the ordinary that doesn't look too strange.
boxsterfan
http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/epc...4/photo_07.html

I like the treatment on this car. Looks like nothing (or barely rolled) on the fronts and rear looks so nice and smooth.
jimkelly
tangerine

http://www.tangerineracing.com/exterior_panels.htm

Woody
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Rabbit flares ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

matthepcat
^^ Looks Like Yeaman Auto Body ^^
SirAndy
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 22 2013, 11:04 AM) *
^^ Looks Like Yeaman Auto Body ^^

That's probably because it is ... biggrin.gif

ruby914
Just found this.
What ever happened to this car?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...eo914&st=20

EDIT: slap.gif found it, For those of you who haven't followed the thread, "neo914 concept" link is in my signature. All details are in individual thread links.
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
Not welded in flares but cut, pulled and smoothed out again. I allows me to run 16x8's out back.
Cairo94507
I would do the Tangerine Racing flares - I love them so much. I kinda wish I had another 914 just so I could do those flares- they are truly art.

Here you go: http://www.tangerineracing.com/exterior_panels.htm
brant
There is the Rayco style too

and like Mikes Extremely well done custom flares...

there are lesser custom jobs:
Mike Bellis
Mine used to have steel 930 flares...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Now is has these...

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 22 2013, 09:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Nice!
gothspeed
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Nov 23 2013, 06:39 AM) *

Not welded in flares but cut, pulled and smoothed out again. I allows me to run 16x8's out back.

Are those 951/944 16x8s in the rear? smile.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 23 2013, 03:36 PM) *

Yup. biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 23 2013, 03:10 AM) *

Ewwww
sixnotfour
flag.gif
Rand
Bontempi....

sixnotfour

Boss that Looks Stout !!
effutuo101
Here is an after picture from all of the work Jeff did on post 21
He does great work.
scotty b
Evil flares
Rand
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Nov 23 2013, 07:03 PM) *

He does great work.

Stellar work from the PNW crew on that one. I just can't get used to it. If you are going to flare, then mean it. Those are like dimples. No offense intended. Dimples are cute.
anderssj
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 23 2013, 10:36 PM) *

Evil flares

Wow, really NICE work Scott w00t.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 23 2013, 07:39 PM) *

He does great work.

Stellar work from the PNW crew on that one. I just can't get used to it. If you are going to flare, then mean it. Those are like dimples. No offense intended. Dimples are cute.

It's all about taste. My personal taste is, if you need a little extra fender room, then stretching the stock fender like a muscular bulge looks great. Doing a wonky fender flare looks funky.

How big do you want to go?
Cairo94507
Scotty- The flares look perfect. Solves the problem while maintaining the original body lines/look.
Andyrew
Another angle of the Bontempi flares, but molded. Shows the shape of the front and rear.

IPB Image
drive-ability
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 23 2013, 01:10 AM) *

I saw a car with flairs just like this in Pick a part Anaheim ca. just last week !!!
drive-ability
The tail lights are moved 2 inches to the outside of the car. The rear is 4 inches wider. I am using the factory bumper just extended to fit.

IPB Image
Cairo94507
I love that you widened it and moved the tail lights outward to keep the stock look. That is going to one bad ass car.
sixnotfour
Note to self- Rand is Rant King.....Dares Not to be Different..
Back to your Cubical
Rand
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 24 2013, 09:51 AM) *

Back to your Cubical

laugh.gif
I should say, I have huge respect for that build, even if I didn't like the flares. It's all personal taste. I like the factory GT flares, a simple stretch, Bontempi, and Tangerine. The other styles just don't look right to me. To each his own. smile.gif beerchug.gif

Oh, and always huge props to John Kelly and his work.
OmaPossu
Click to view attachment
Matt Romanowski
Nobody has a picture of SC flairs on a Teener?
r_towle
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 24 2013, 11:51 AM) *

Back to your Cubical

It's a Randrantification.
nolift914
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
With SC flairs on rear

Gary
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Nov 24 2013, 01:55 PM) *

Nobody has a picture of SC flairs on a Teener?

OK biggrin.gif

polo classic
For some reason I belive 993 GT2-styre flares would look good
barefoot
Here's mine - all glass:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Spoke
BFH... smash.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Nov 23 2013, 02:39 PM) *

Yup. biggrin.gif

Cool!!! What size tires are you running .... the profiles look 'just right'! .... smile.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 24 2013, 08:17 PM) *

Yup. biggrin.gif

Cool!!! What size tires are you running .... the profiles look 'just right'! .... smile.gif

Thanks. I can't even begin to add up how many hours are into those fenders. It was really important to me to keep the factory lip and arch in place while still getting them stretched enough to fit the wider wheels. At the end of the day the body shop is very proud of their work but I'm not convinced they would ever work on another car for me. But it was worth it IMHO. I got the exact "look" that I wanted. The tires are 225/50/16's
sixnotfour
uh 245/45 x 16
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 24 2013, 09:47 PM) *

uh 245/45 x 16

Uhhhhh....no. Those tires had a date code of 1999 with sidewalls that were covered in cracks. So they were replaced with these. A 245/45 is not a very common tire and these have almost the exact physical dimensions. I was surprised to see the variance between different manufacturers on the same size tire. That said, I still got a smoking deal on the wheels. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
oh my bad..they do look bigger than 225's... I thought we would party like its 1999
mgp4591
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 23 2013, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 23 2013, 07:39 PM) *

He does great work.

It's all about taste. My personal taste is, if you need a little extra fender room, then stretching the stock fender like a muscular bulge looks great. Doing a wonky fender flare looks funky.

How big do you want to go?

I was thinking at least 245/40-17, possibly 265's for the rear and 225/50's for the front. Nothing real radical and keeping alot of the look and opening of the stock body, i.e. no round flares. I think the body needs the stock fender opening for visual balance but I want the rubber. Tangerine flares look good but pricey- same with Sheridan. I've got some cutouts from a GT install a buddy did (he does great work) and I'm thinking of working them in somehow...
gothspeed
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Nov 24 2013, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 24 2013, 08:17 PM) *

Yup. biggrin.gif

Thanks. I can't even begin to add up how many hours are into those fenders. It was really important to me to keep the factory lip and arch in place while still getting them stretched enough to fit the wider wheels. At the end of the day the body shop is very proud of their work but I'm not convinced they would ever work on another car for me. But it was worth it IMHO. I got the exact "look" that I wanted. The tires are 225/50/16's
Way awesome! Looks like you helped me make a tire decision! beerchug.gif

BTW are those 951/944 16 x 7s on the front?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.