Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap'n Krusty needs YOUR help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
euro911
Awesome news! smile.gif
R8CERX
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 25 2014, 05:47 PM) *

News from Sarah! And I quote: "I got great news today!! The oncologist said that the amount of tumor shrinkage he hoped I would have after 4 chemotherapy treatments has happened after only 2!! I know it is because of all the prayers, love, and support I have gotten!! I am eternally grateful!!"

The Cap'n

piratenanner.gif
Great to hear

Wife and I also just went through a scare on this…we are good; when you hear the news of improvement, it overshadows anything else! awesome to hear!

Mom is a "C" survivor as well..….
Chris H.
icon_bump.gif Great news Cap'n! She must be very relieved. How much $$$ is left for us to raise?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 27 2014, 06:15 PM) *

icon_bump.gif Great news Cap'n! She must be very relieved. How much $$$ is left for us to raise?

We're short of the goal by about 2700 bucks. Lookin' good!

The Cap'n
Steve
Just bought one ticket. Wish I could help more.
Cap'n Krusty
Update! Sarah had her 3rd round of chemo a little over a week ago. Because of her lowered resistance, she's now in the grip of a nasty cold, but getting better. Her mother is with her in Colombia, and she's surrounded by friends. This is good, keeps her spirits up and they make sure she's fed and her other needs are fulfilled. Having cancer sucks, having cancer and being sick sucks, having cancer, being sick, and becoming impoverished REALLY sucks. On her behalf, I would like to thank all of you who have participated in this act of charity, because it means Sarah is pretty much free of having to worry about where the "out-of-pocket" money is gonna come from.

We're still short of the goal, but Jaime and Dr. Evil are working furiously to get us there. I urge anyone reading this who hasn't participated in the act of giving to either buy a T-shirt (a sure conversation starter!) or take a shot at one of the good Dr.s' outstanding tranny rebuilds.

Oh, I almost forgot: Dr. Evil and his family are down with the crud. GET WELL, DOC!

The Cap'n
Greenguy
I haven't been on the board in a while......better late than never. Cap'n good luck with the remaining fund raising, best wishes to Sarah.
Cap'n Krusty
From Sarah: My first day at chemotherapy at USC is making me reflect on how blessed I am. Thank you to everyone I am about to list, and to the many others not mentioned in this post by name. There are so many people giving me so much support! Here are some examples: Yesterday, my uncle John Larson met me at LAX after dealing with LA traffic to bring me a car to use while I am in LA. This morning, I woke up in Jennifer Amaro Palumbo's comfy house where I am blessed to be staying, with not a friend, but a sister. I am wearing a shirt from my students, with all of their names and great quotes. My favorite line from the shirt is “Hey cancer!...You picked the wrong B*!%$!” (It actually says the word, but I don’t want to get in trouble on FB for cussing!) The shirt feels like a hug supporting me as I prepare to go through chemo. My boyfriend, Eduardo Sarmiento, loved the shirt so much that he wanted to sign it too, and I thought you guys would not mind, so his name is now on it. I look at my cross and “Fearless” bracelets that my mom, Carol Roselli gave me that remind me of all the people praying for me today. I ‘draw’ on eyebrows that slowly fell out months ago, but thanks to Natalie Amaro Stowe, no one knows that they are no longer there. I also put on my red lipstick, a present from Natalie and an idea from Helana Corda to make me feel better. I am wearing my pink socks from Ginny Wootton Gallagher LaRowe to keep me comfy during my 5+ hours of chemo. I brought a scarf, a present from students, in case I get tired of wearing my wig during treatment, I can put it on. I hold on tight to my book of letters that Leann Lear had students and staff at Colegio Panamericano made for me. I have read it twice today alone to make me happy! Brigitte Thomas is with me at USC where I pay my copay with the money that Kari Belajic amazingly had friends, family, and loved ones raised to pay for my cancer expenses. Thank you everyone!!!!! I am feeling so much love!!!!

Click to view attachment

Please note that, through Kari Belajic, who coordinated the fundraising, 914 World was responsible for nearly 50% of the over $10K raised. She's simply OVERWHELMED by your generosity.

Thanks again to ALL of you!

The Cap'n
MMW
I'll keep on saying prayers & thinking of her. She looks great!
euro911
aktion035.gif
rmdinmd
agree.gif never give up
Dr Evil
smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Update. One more chemo session! After that, on May 13th, more tests to see how much tumor remains, then surgery. She feels like crap most of the time, but they say chemo does that to a person .............. The money's holding out, and I got her a car so she can get around without blowing a big chunk of the funds.

Again, our most heartfelt thanks for all the support!

The Cap'n
Java2570
Hey Cap'n - that's great to hear Sarah is progressing through the chemo, hope things continue
to improve. I lived through my wife's cancer, surgeries, radiation, chemo, etc. in all it's various phases
and she eventually passed away from it. It's not fun or kind to patient, family or friends alike and
I wish Sarah the best of luck with getting past it and on with her life. Keep us posted! Jon
jrrhdmust
Done.

Thanks for the updates! She is in our prayers.

pray.gif to the 914World members, I am deeply honored to be a part of the family here. The way this group of strangers has stood up and helped out one of our own is absolutely amazing!
euro911
smile.gif
R8CERX

biggrin.gif cheer.gif
rmdinmd
Yea chemo really really sucks sad.gif

Only those who have gone through it truly understand.

Glad to hear she is doing well and hopefully the tumor has responded well to the treatments. Cancer can be beaten and it sounds like she is a fighter and has a loving and supporting family. Those are a good combos.

Keeping her in my prayers and praying for complete remission for her.
Cap'n Krusty
From Sarah, just now! "Last day of chemo! It has been 6 very long months of some big lows and moments of pure joy from all the love and support! I still have to deal with the side effects from this last chemo, but knowing this is it will help get me through. As always, I am eternally grateful for all the prayers, love, and support! I could not have made it this far without it! Surgery to remove what is left (if anything!) is scheduled for June 19. Feeling so blessed today!"

She came up from LA for a visit last week, and she's hangin' tough and lookin' good. Despite the effects of the chemo, her attitude is an inspiration.

Thanks again. Can I ever thank you all enough? Maybe not.

The Cap'n
JRust
Great to hear the Update's Cap'n. Sounds like she has done well through such a horrid time. Chemo is just brutal on the body. Glad to hear she is done with it. I hope it has done it's job well
76-914
piratenanner.gif No thx needed. I owed you a favor anyway. Just as I suspect everyone here does. Btw, you were kind enough to loan me a tool, once. I never forget and always return the deed; god or bad! happy11.gif
euro911
Yeah, but did you return the tool poke.gif
76-914
I knew I forgot something! av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Mblizzard
So glad to her she is doing well! Hope this is all that she has to endure.

Yep many of us owe you Cap'n but there are few things that are more worthy than helping out someone that really needs help. All of us were glad you allowed us to help Sarah and to be part of something meaningful.
Cap'n Krusty
Update! From Sarah today:

"Best news ever!! My MRI results came back NEGATIVE for cancer in my breast!!! The prayers, new drugs, and chemo worked!! Still need surgery next month, but this is HUGE!!!!"

See, throwing money at it worked! Seriously, we can never thank you all enough.

The Cap'n
rmdinmd
piratenanner.gif very good news.
Java2570
This update is all the thanks we need! Excellent to hear this news!!
Mblizzard
Brought a tear of joy to my eye to hear that!
Krieger
HOORAY!
walterolin
Double post, my bad
MDG
smilie_pokal.gif
walterolin
Very nice.

In a parallel universe, my daughter in law will complete her six months of chemotherapy in a few weeks. She underwent bilateral mastectomies in December, and other than being quite sick from the chemo, is also doing well.
euro911
aktion035.gif
dale73914
Fantastic news, so glad she is doing well !!!!
76-914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Moneypit
This thread definitely hits home. My wife has "the gene", somehow skipped her older sister and came through her dad, lots of her aunts/grandmas have had it, and on my side my dad's mom died from it, and my dad had (and beat) non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in the early 90's. We're already planning preventative plans of attack after the second baby, and it may result in her preemptively losing the woobies. sad.gif That, and now I have to see if my little girl has it too.

Please give lots of hugs and high-fives to your niece! It's awesome to hear about her victories and see how a little internet car club was able to help speed them along!
Cap'n Krusty
Well, Colombia won, and Sarah can go into the OR for her surgery! Here she is, with her significant other and her mother, watching the game (well, mugging for the camera) while awaiting her surgery. Almost through the process. She has the gene, as mentioned above, so she's gotta do what she can to avoid further problems. Please keep her in your prayers!

Click to view attachment

Thanks again for all you've done!
bigkensteele
Cap'n, any updates?
earossi
My apology for a late reply to your request. I just did read your posting. Our prayers are with Sarah and her family.
Hank914
icon_bump.gif

Keeping the thread alive...

Donated a bit today, and best wishes for continued recovery and fun times down south!
Cap'n Krusty
Just caught this. Thanks for keeping Sarah in your thoughts and prayers, and for your ongoing support! She's close to being finished with her post-op chemo. Just as she was cleared to drive, she mis-stepped when getting out of the car and broke her ankle. That's somewhat behind her now, and she's able to get around. Cosmetic surgery sometime in Mid to late September, and she'll be cleared to resume looking for work. Maybe here, maybe back in Colombia.

The Cap'n
bigkensteele
Very glad to hear that she is doing so well and happy to think that I may have helped in some small way. I hope that she knows just how much she means to Uncle Crusty. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.