Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap'n Krusty needs YOUR help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ruby914
Best wishes and donation sent.
smj
Small, but something.
Java2570
Donated. Best of luck and hope for Sarah!

Cap'n, you are one of the many reasons I come to this forum and can always count on your expertise to help me through 914 issues. So, happy to donate to this....
And FYI, I lost my wife to cancer in 2007 and it was the most harrowing and traumatic things to live through. I wish no one had to deal with these diseases......
Cancer truly sucks!! Jon
worn
Thanks Capn
rick 918-S
Bump for Sarah. Cancer can be cured these days. But it takes money people.
luskesq
Done, with the understanding that your helpful observations, recommendations and oft time ascerbic/sardonic comments continue Cap'n. My wife is a long time survivor as am I (although not breast cancer) so our thoughts are to Sara and her family.

Keith
injunmort
done, best wishes to your niece.
ww914
Done. Just saw this today or else I may have missed it. Thanks to whoever put it in the garage. Very happy to help!
WaideS
Done

motolitho
Done, my Mom is a survivor of 20 years this March.
saigon71
My Mom was also a breast cancer survivor.

Donation made.

My best wishes to Sarah and family.
PThompson509
Done. The Big C needs to have it's butt kicked often and hard.

Hope it goes well.

tpines
Cap'n,
Please pm me her address and who I should make the check out to and I'll be sure to send it off. Thanks.

Clark.
CptTripps
Done...from one "Captain" to another.

I'd hazard a guess that just about every guy on this board knows someone that's had to deal with this at some point.

I'll also Tweet/Instagram a link if that's OK by you. No sense in having 10K followers if I can't use it for good once in a while.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 7 2014, 05:52 AM) *

Done...from one "Captain" to another.

I'd hazard a guess that just about every guy on this board knows someone that's had to deal with this at some point.

I'll also Tweet/Instagram a link if that's OK by you. No sense in having 10K followers if I can't use it for good once in a while.

OK by me! Headed to LA this morning to TCB. Once that's done, it's dinner with Sarah before she gets on a big ol' jet airliner, headed back to Colombia and her job.
I'll report back ..................

Thanks again to all of you for your support. Large or small, every bit helps! (The words of encouragement, too!)

The Cap'n
BKLA
Done. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Dtjaden
Done! Best of luck to your niece.
Cap'n Krusty
OK, PM sent, I think I'm all caught up, I'm outtahere until tomorrow afternoon! Play nice, kids ..................

The Cap'n
cconcepcion
Done, godspeed on her recovery!!!
Cap'n Krusty
Back from LA! Had dinner with Sarah Tuesday evening, and she's handling all this stuff really well. She's humbled, BTW, at the support she's getting, not only from close friends, but from total strangers...... Little does she know how strange we really are! She sends her thanks! She's OK with me giving you a little rundown on the situation. Her cancer is a particularly aggressive form, and she would have been sent home to die 5 years ago. However, since that time they've developed specific targeted drugs and therapies for what she has, and the survival rate is high. Chemo first, to stop what's there from spreading throughout her body, and possibly shrink the existing mass, then surgery to remove what's left. After the initial diagnosis in Colombia, and the start of treatment, she came home to California and had an extensive consultation with the oncologists at the cancer center at USC. She had her second chemo session there. There's a good open line of communication between her doctors there and the ones in Colombia, and they're jointly overseeing the therapy. A high level of mutual respect exists between all the doctors involved, and she feels comfortable with all of 'em. She could choose to continue the protocol in either country. Her insurance for Colombia is very good, but doesn't cover her here. She's signed up and has paid for participation in the ACA here. Out of pocket expenses are a big thing here, not so much there, but she's gonna need every penny she can raise to help her out with those. We're about half way to the $10K mark, and that's a no-frills number.

Again, she has asked me to convey her thanks to all of you who have chipped in, and she's gonna keep me updated on her progress. When she's gotten through the initial phases, I think I can get her to post here. Here are a couple of pix, one before the haircut, one after. Sorry, no picture after what was left all fell out .............

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
AE354803
Done, (first link).

It's our turn to help you and your niece.
walterolin
Pics belong in the Hot Chicks thread. Pretty young lady.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif

I lost my Brother inlaw this year to Cancer. He was my best friend and work pal. Let's keep this at the top for the weekend.
anderssj
Done . . . and Cap'n, thanks for setting this up. Best regards for you and best wishes for Ms. Sarah.

Steve A-
Elliot Cannon
Paypal on the way. Best of luck.
Elliot
t collins
Done
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif for the day. Lead with your hearts and wallets people.
MMW
done
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Back to the top on Saturday night.
euro911
Check in the mail ...
Cap'n Krusty
Deposited a couple of checks and moved the money into Sarah's Paypal account over the weekend. Thanks to all who have donated so far. Shows what kind of people hang around 914 World! Keep it up, folks! The goal is in sight!

The Cap'n
76-914
Just paypal'd you. I didn't see where to list 914world. No matter. God bless.
Chris H.
icon_bump.gif Almost half way there...
Cap'n Krusty
Two more checks into the bank and transferred to Sarah's Paypal account. Thanks guys! We're now just a little over half way, and the help that's come from this site has been a significant part of the effort. I'd sure like to see more of you represented in the final push! Notes of support may be sent to the following Facebook site: <www.facebook.com/supportsarahroselli>, and I expect there'll be progress reports there later on. Of course, I'll be supplying those here, as well.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

The Cap'n
dale73914
Done, forgot to say i was from here, but doesnt matter. Good luck to her smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
OK. Been close to 3 weeks! We're way down on page 3 this morning, so it looks like we're about done here. I sincerely thank all of you who participated with your donations, thoughts, and prayers. For anyone wishing to add to the fund, the direct Paypal link (4sarahroselli@gmail.com) remains valid, the other one is closed. I'll start a new thread with any updates or messages from Sarah as she progresses through her treatment.

Thanks again!

The Cap'n
d914
Had a good month,,,, sent a couple extra $$$$,,, send my best wishes!!
76-914
icon_bump.gif
d914
bump
Mikey914
Don't know how I missed this.
Done
Dr Evil
Likewise, how'd I miss this?

Anyone want to do a rebuild for charity thing again? I can donate labor cost to the cause.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 21 2014, 11:04 AM) *

Likewise, how'd I miss this?

Anyone want to do a rebuild for charity thing again? I can donate labor cost to the cause.

I will donate one of the seal kits you purchased and any usable parts I have in hand.
76-914
icon_bump.gif
914Mike
Dropped my dime on the pile. "C" survivor myself...
Cap'n Krusty
icon_bump.gif
Cap'n Krusty
News from Sarah! And I quote: "I got great news today!! The oncologist said that the amount of tumor shrinkage he hoped I would have after 4 chemotherapy treatments has happened after only 2!! I know it is because of all the prayers, love, and support I have gotten!! I am eternally grateful!!"

The Cap'n
914itis
Amen!
rmdinmd
piratenanner.gif very good news.
76-914
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
SLITS
Kool ... best news so far in 2014
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.