Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap'n Krusty needs YOUR help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cap'n Krusty
Good morning, all! The first time I posted on Brad's "914 Club" was to ask for a little help getting a friend's house ready to live in. People showed up and ass was kicked and names taken. Been a long time, time for me to get nearly 10K posts in, and it's been fun all the way. This time, 9 1/2 years later, I'm asking for donations to help my niece, Sarah Roselli, raise funds to offset out-of-the-pocket expenses for breast cancer treatment. She lives and teaches school in Colombia, where she has medical insurance, and she also has some coverage here. There are a LOT of expenses not covered by either plan, and any help you can give is both sorely needed and greatly appreciated. I'm attaching a couple of links to make donating easy. Don't have much money? A few bucks is all I'm asking. You don't really need that 6-pack today, anyway! Just sold a car and feelin' flush? Maybe a little bit of that windfall could go to help this teacher in need. Gotta mother, a wife, or a daughter? YOU may be up against this someday!

Here's the major link, taking credit cards and Paypal (note: this site asks for a $25 donation to keep the site running, the site below doesn't): https://www.youcaring.com/sarahroselli

Here's a link to another Paypal donation site if you can't get that one to work: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...d=FPBTLGFNRFL66

These sites are well managed and every penny goes toward Sarah's expenses!

Feel free to donate anonymously if you wish, but please mention 914 World so folks can see how we come together when the need arises.

Thanks for reading this, and TIA for any help you can give her! YOU can help her slam right up against that $10K goal!

The Cap'n
ThePaintedMan
Done smile.gif Wish I could do more (have a family member we're supporting too) but I hope that helps some.
Krieger
Done. I used the first site you listed. It added a 5% fee to what I donated. Prayers.
rmdinmd
done; It can be beaten, there are a lot of us survivors out here.
R8CERX
Best wishes to Sarah and your family.

RX
rfuerst911sc
Capn I'm not a Paypal guy I tried to pay with a credit card but was denied on the first link you posted. Any suggestions ?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 31 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Capn I'm not a Paypal guy I tried to pay with a credit card but was denied on the first link you posted. Any suggestions ?

I'm not sure why, but I had to try it twice. PM me if you can't make it work, and I'll see what I can do.

The Cap'n
914itis
Done and I wish her all the best.
aharder
Done !!
walterolin
Hello Captain,

PM sent.

Daughter-in-law under went bilateral mastectomies three weeks ago, nodes were clean, chemo to start.

Best wishes for the young ladies, yours and mine.

Olin
Cap'n Krusty
Just a note to thank those of you have responded. I've discussed credit/debit (non-Paypal) donation issues with Sarah's fundraising friend, and she's looking into a fix. If you don't participate in the whole online money thing, but you still want to donate, PM me and we'll discuss options.

Thanks!

The Cap'n
rfuerst911sc
Capn can you PM me with a name/address and I'll send a check ?
weener101
Done, best of luck to Sarah.
tscrihfield
Done! Hope all goes well!
Cap'n Krusty
Again, thanks! There's now a CC/Debit option in the lower left corner of the Paypal page, where it appears you can donate without opening a PP account. Just click on "continue".

The Cap'n
MDG
Done. All the best to Sarah.
rjames
Used the second link. Best wishes to Sarah for a long and happy life.
wndsnd
Done

Best wishes to Sarah and your family

John
d914
Done, my sister is a survivor, best to Sara! It's a long road but doable!
Bills914-4
Done , God Bless ,

Bill & Luz
Jgilliam914
Done! Best wishes to Sarah
PanelBilly
Thanks for letting us take part!
Harpo
Done. Best wishes to Sarah for a speedy recovery

David
bdstone914
Done.
Best wishes.
Bruce
Mblizzard
Done. You have always taken the time to help me and many others. Let us know if you or Sara need anything else. I have lost friends and family to this disease and my most sincere wish is to spare anyone else from that.
krk
Done. "what he said". We deal with this in our family too, so as the kinder in the house say, the "feels" are real.

Here's to good fortune in the treatment!

--krk.
flippa
Done! Wishing her the best.
Cap'n Krusty
Thanks to all who've donated to Sarah's fund so far. We're just over a quarter of the way to our goal and things are lookin' good. She's now bald, and having a bit of emotional trouble with that fashion statement, but it can only get better!

The Cap'n

Krieger
icon_bump.gif For a good cause!
snakemain
Done. Wishes for a speedy recovery to Sarah!
Cap'n Krusty
Heads up! Be SURE you mark any Paypal transfer to Sarah as a "DONATION" or "GIFT"! Paypal let's 'em by for free. No sense letting legitimate donations be dinged for a piece of the action by our giant banker in the sky.

And thanks, BTW. The accumulated gifts have surpassed a third of our goal. Those of you who have thought about it but haven't made a commitment, please do! Over 500 914 Worlders have looked at this, a couple of dozen have opened their hearts and wallets. Remember, every little bit makes a difference ...............

The Cap'n
Shindog1961
Cap'n,

For all your advise its the least I could do. Wish I could give more.

Sean
hot_shoe914
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=227791

Cap'n, if and when these wheels sell, I will donate ALL of the sale price money to your niece's needs.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
JStroud
Cap'n, you should post this in the garage, not all of us frequent the sandbox, only saw this because of shoe's post in the classifieds. Glad to help though, my daughter survived brain cancer and a brain operation, cancer free for 5 years now, there's lots of hope, and lots of help....good luck to you and you're family.

Jeff
Cap'n Krusty
I chose the sandbox because I fear the wrath of the Admins. Well, maybe not that much, but a little. Maybe I can get it moved. I suppose there have been worse NPC things there ................... I'll let one of them know. Thanks for the support!

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 4 2014, 06:29 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=227791

Cap'n, if and when these wheels sell, I will donate ALL of the sale price money to your niece's needs.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

WAY TO GO! Thanks! BTW, I did a similar thing for Jaime last year. I can tell you, it feels mighty good ..................

The Cap'n
Blue6
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 31 2013, 10:31 AM) *

Just a note to thank those of you have responded. I've discussed credit/debit (non-Paypal) donation issues with Sarah's fundraising friend, and she's looking into a fix. If you don't participate in the whole online money thing, but you still want to donate, PM me and we'll discuss options.

Thanks!

The Cap'n

Please pm me an address so i can send you a check. My paypal and computer skills are lacking. Thanx. Dave
JRust
Done Cap'n! Happy to help a bit & she'll be in my prayers! All the best to Sarah & her family through this trying time
hcdmueller
Done. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
JRust
I would think this would do better in the garage. I know it is off topic but quite a few members don't even get to the sandbox confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Ahhh, here we are in the Garage. Thanks, Clay (and his admin cronies)! More eyes on the topic, more folks have a chance to help Sarah reach her goal.

The Cap'n
Vysoc
Cap'n Krusty,

My Mother went through this and is now doing well!!!

Happy to help the Krusty one!!

All the best to Sarah!!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
shoguneagle
Admin, thanks for putting this in the Garage. Now we can have more "Open Sea to Sail" in getting help for Sarah. The Cap't is the Capain and we are his shipmates who will sail the "high seas" (ocean for you landlubbers) in helping Sarah and the family.

Thanks, Cap't, for making us aware of us. As the Cap't mentioned when we were 914club, the group did some wonder things for members when it was needed. This was done without question and with the entire force of giving to help a needy member in a timely manner. Shades of "Old 914world" without the arguments.

This exactly why I have belonged to this club (914club and 914world).

I talk too much. Cap't, we will continue to work for you as your crew.

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
Member #86 (pround to belong to the few who give)
United States Navy, Retired
FourBlades
Donation and best wishes sent. piratenanner.gif

John
jim_hoyland
Great Cause, an honor to help; PayPal sent
bigkensteele
Done.

Thanks for moving this to the garage.

Glad I could help!
SLITS
Just for Sarah. Thanks for the tip Cap'n.
trojanhorsepower
Done.

Best wishes.
bigkensteele
BTW, please keep us posted on her progress. Thoughts and prayers are included with my donation.
Cupomeat
Done, I wish her the best possible recovery and thank god for community.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.