Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2014 Hershey PA Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
wndsnd
I paid for a block of spaces today and got it in for the early registration fees of $40.00 ea.

Spaces Reserved are for:
Dr Evil
Mepstein
Cptripps
puffinator 2 spaces: includes one car pass
wndsnd: includes one car pass (because I put this together) rolleyes.gif

extra space Shawn includes last car pass.

John
wndsnd
I just heard from PCA. They are giving out one vehicle pass for every two spaces. I got 7 spaces and have already gone out on a limb buying two extra spaces for possible straglers so I don't really want to get one more. That means we have only 3 cars allowed in the swap area and these cars must enter the park together as a group.

Of course there will be other parking areas away from the swap area.

John
wndsnd
See post #102 and #103

Note: There is just one car spot left unless we reserve more block spaces.
I think it should be assigned to a double space reservation so who wants to step up and pay for another space and get the parking spot?

John
Big Len
I'll buy it. Tell me where to send the money.
wndsnd
Len,

I don't have you down for a space and I thought you weren't selling. I thought it would be best for someone with a car full of parts that wants to park on site and sell parts.

I appreciate your offer but the group has plenty of spaces for everyone to hang out in now so only the guys selling should pay for spots.

PS. Someone will want that parking space so I know I will not be left holding the bag!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you there...

John
Big Len
OK John. Just didn't want you to get stuck with it after paying for extra spaces.
jsayre914
I am very excited !

I did a tune up last night and flew into baltimore this morning, stereo blasting, engine screaming, oil pressure is up and strong and engine temps are down and out

shades.gif

You guys need to take my 2056 for a spin. I promise I will not break anything before Hershey

rolleyes.gif
wndsnd
Oh dont do that to me.....

I have been so happy with my "lowly 1.7".
John
914itis
I Made my reservation last night, it will be the first long drive with the six.
Bulldog9
I'll be driving up and back from Alexandria VA on Saturday. If anyone needs a ride, drop me a PM.
saigon71
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 21 2014, 06:41 PM) *

I am very excited !

I did a tune up last night and flew into baltimore this morning, stereo blasting, engine screaming, oil pressure is up and strong and engine temps are down and out

shades.gif

You guys need to take my 2056 for a spin. I promise I will not break anything before Hershey

rolleyes.gif

1st in line for the spin in the 2056. I want to see what a D-jet can do with some mods. No emergency thread please! sad.gif
okieflyr
I got an independent space since my attendance is 50/50. My grandson is due on that day so I hope he comes healthy and a day or two early. biggrin.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 21 2014, 08:11 PM) *

1st in line for the spin in the 2056. I want to see what a D-jet can do with some mods. No emergency thread please! sad.gif

You got it Bob!

driving.gif

biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Mar 21 2014, 03:14 PM) *

I'll be driving up and back from Alexandria VA on Saturday. If anyone needs a ride, drop me a PM.

what are your route and timing plans? possible caravan from NoVA. I go up early via Rt 15 by Gettysburg. From Alex, you might choose 95 thru Baltimore
Bulldog9
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 22 2014, 08:06 AM) *

what are your route and timing plans? possible caravan from NoVA. I go up early via Rt 15 by Gettysburg. From Alex, you might choose 95 thru Baltimore

I generally go up the GW Parkway to 95/270 to 15. I'll probably leave between 6&7 head back weather depending and how much time I spend at Troegs ;-) I'm hoping to be buying so driving my Jeep.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I will be flying into Baltimore on Friday, and renting a car. Any good things to go see on the way? Anything I should avoid?

saigon71

I'm rolling up early Sat morning to meet the crew at the Knight's Inn. If the timing works, I'd also like to join the NoVA caravan heading up Rt 15 in Dillsburg, PA.
914itis
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 22 2014, 09:02 AM) *

I'm rolling up early Sat morning to meet the crew at the Knight's Inn. If the timing works, I'd also like to join the NoVA caravan heading up Rt 15 in Dillsburg, PA.

Bob, keep in mind that we are usually out by 7:30, 8 the latest.
saigon71
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 22 2014, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 22 2014, 09:02 AM) *

Bob, keep in mind that we are usually out by 7:30, 8 the latest.

Thanks Paul...in that case I'll roll solo to the Knights Inn to meet the caravan Sat AM. The previous departure time of "hangover-thirty" was a bit vague. biggrin.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 21 2014, 06:41 PM) *

I am very excited !

shades.gif

rolleyes.gif

Oh good god Joe... that's the kiss of death... why did you do that dry.gif
MMW
Don't forget that they have the peoples choice show-n-shine. This helps support the swap also. I think it's $15 to enter? No judging, just peoples choice. Split into categories by model.
wndsnd
Last group space gone to Shawn
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Cant Wait !!

jsayre914
Any Idea how many 914s we got goin this year?

20?

30?

50?

confused24.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914itis
Last year for some reason we didn't line up , we were all over right from the motel. Some of us went straight to the park and some stopped for breakfast.

Joe , we may have to leave a bit earlier and make time for all of is to stop for breakfast.

jsayre914
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 24 2014, 05:14 PM) *

Last year for some reason we didn't line up , we were all over right from the motel. Some of us went straight to the park and some stopped for breakfast.

Joe , we may have to leave a bit earlier and make time for all of is to stop for breakfast.

Thats cause last year your leader had no car chair.gif

I would love to lead the line from the Motel. I am looking forward to it piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
jsayre914
I am leaving York PA around 6am and should be at the Knights in about 7am.
jsayre914
I think the gates open @ 6:30 for vendors and 7am for the rest of us right?

what time do you guys wanna roll into the event?

who is going to wake up Scott this year??

popcorn[1].gif
rgolia
Don't know if I am going to make it out to meet all you good people. Right now the teener is on jack stands waiting for the rear suspension, brakes, axles, etc to arrive and be put back together and I am the dude that has to put it back together. I hope I can pull it off, but time is getting short. Perhaps I should just make the trip even without my baby. confused24.gif
914itis
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 24 2014, 06:02 PM) *

Don't know if I am going to make it out to meet all you good people. Right now the teener is on jack stands waiting for the rear suspension, brakes, axles, etc to arrive and be put back together and I am the dude that has to put it back together. I hope I can pull it off, but time is getting short. Perhaps I should just make the trip even without my baby. confused24.gif

You still have about 28days plus, I am waiting for my wine...
rgolia
If I make it I will bring plenty of wine. I have 190 gallons of 2013 aging in the winery, of course that will not be ready, but the 2012 is very good and I still have a few bottles of 2011 and 2010. I gonna try, hopefully Racer Chris will get the parts back to me soon. Eric at PMB already came through with the brakes. How hard could it be to put it all back together?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 24 2014, 06:32 PM) *

If I make it I will bring plenty of wine. I have 190 gallons of 2013 aging in the winery, of course that will not be ready, but the 2012 is very good and I still have a few bottles of 2011 and 2010. I gonna try, hopefully Racer Chris will get the parts back to me soon. Eric at PMB already came through with the brakes. How hard could it be to put it all back together?

if its the rear you are talking about, its not really that hard, i just completed that job. If you kept track of your alignment shims, you should be pretty close to put them back same as they came out. My trailing arms came i had powdercoated, came from bruce stone, but went to PMB where they put the bearings in for me. i had new 5 lug conversion, with new bearings etc , calipers , CV's from tangerine, it went pretty fast. probably had it all done in one day, but, remember after bleeding brakes to follow Eric's proceedure to set the pads! good luck.
Phil
rgolia
Phil, thanks for the encouragement. Yes it is the rear and I have the shim stack for each side measured. Went the same way you did with the trailing arms powder coated and the bearing and hubs pressed in by others. Also have new axles and cvs done by others so all I have to do is bolt it all together. Now if my old body cooperates I could get it done in a day...or two and make the event....unless beer gets in the way. beer3.gif and it happens all the time when I am working on the teener.
GaroldShaffer
dry.gif Still bummed it is Easter weekend that they are holding this. No way to make the drive there and back before Sunday morning. hissyfit.gif

You guys have fun. sad.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 24 2014, 04:03 PM) *

Any Idea how many 914s we got goin this year?

20?

30?

50?

confused24.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Let's stsrt a count

ONE

Big Len
TWO
struckn
Three
jsayre914
Charging problems today, its been rain/snow all day. driving home stop at gas station starts up, gauge reads 12V WTF. ?? I put the meter on the battery 12.5

bs.gif

I jiggle everything check all connections, nothing changes. Hop in and continue the ride home, on the expressway, lights get brighter, gauge reads 14V as it should

confused24.gif

Get home, start it up again..... 12V

drive it for a min or two, idle drops and gauge goes back to 14V

...... do I need to start the 2014 E M E R G E N C Y thread now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

screwy.gif popcorn[1].gif

headbang.gif
914itis
It's not April foul day yet.

If you are for real, it sounds like a ground issue.
MMW
Just booked my room for Friday night. I was told they are almost full.
VaccaRabite
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=232950

Hey folks, please respond to the above poll if you want to come to dinner friday night at Underdogs, so I have a good count when I make reservations.
VaccaRabite
There is a bowling tournament at the lanes across from the Inn that weekend most years. The place is usually full to capacity that weekend.
Dr Evil
Wow, 2 of us going to UD. Do the bowlers have tournament on Easter weekend?
jsayre914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 26 2014, 12:29 PM) *

Wow, 2 of us going to UD. Do the bowlers have tournament on Easter weekend?

Im In For Easter Bowling, If you are Mike. beerchug.gif

MMW
Is anyone meeting at the motel before heading to Udogs?
tdgray
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 25 2014, 11:35 PM) *

Charging problems today, its been rain/snow all day. driving home stop at gas station starts up, gauge reads 12V WTF. ?? I put the meter on the battery 12.5

bs.gif

I jiggle everything check all connections, nothing changes. Hop in and continue the ride home, on the expressway, lights get brighter, gauge reads 14V as it should

confused24.gif

Get home, start it up again..... 12V

drive it for a min or two, idle drops and gauge goes back to 14V

...... do I need to start the 2014 E M E R G E N C Y thread now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

screwy.gif popcorn[1].gif

headbang.gif

Told you dufus dry.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(tdgray @ Mar 26 2014, 02:08 PM) *

Told you dufus dry.gif

I am thinking my problem is weather related....

I fired it up this morning and it went right to 14V. Drove it all the way to Baltimore (very fast rolleyes.gif ) and it remained at 14V. Seems to me I get problems with the charging in heavy rain or snow. Today its sunny

confused24.gif

Its running great today

driving.gif

I did put two extra batterys in the trunk and some jumper cables however bye1.gif shades.gif

smoke.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 26 2014, 11:44 AM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=232950

Hey folks, please respond to the above poll if you want to come to dinner friday night at Underdogs, so I have a good count when I make reservations.

Zach, before you posted this I made a reservation for myself and three others that will be with me with Irene at Underdogs. I explained that others might be calling and that it was a Porsche Group. (Didn't go into the Narp thing !). She said to make all reservations with her and she would do her best to get our group all seated together. When you get your count I suggest you coordinate with Irene. Also if anyone else made independent reservations I would suggest calling Irene and getting her to add to the group.

John
okieflyr
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 26 2014, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tdgray @ Mar 26 2014, 02:08 PM) *

Told you dufus dry.gif

I am thinking my problem is weather related....

I fired it up this morning and it went right to 14V. Drove it all the way to Baltimore (very fast rolleyes.gif ) and it remained at 14V. Seems to me I get problems with the charging in heavy rain or snow. Today its sunny

confused24.gif

Its running great today

driving.gif

I did put two extra batterys in the trunk and some jumper cables however bye1.gif shades.gif

smoke.gif

Nah, you won't need'em.

It never rains at Hershey.....
wndsnd
I was in Hershey Yesterday. It snowed........ and was freezing. Fuch this winter.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.