Full Version: 2014 Hershey PA Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
r_towle
Abel and I will be there.
Not sure what we will be driving yet..
jsayre914
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 1 2014, 06:10 PM) *

Zambezi roll call (or greenish 914's biggrin.gif )

saigon71
Vacca Rabite
struckn
Joe Sayre (green with envy...)

I am not sure if that was a compliment or not.
dry.gif

But, I love green biggrin.gif
smoke.gif

jsayre914
I will be there! All EMERGENCYS aside.

And I am bringing Jody this year.
wub.gif
CptTripps
I THINK I may be actually bringing Angie (and the boys?) with me too. She'll be in absolute hell but it could be fun.
r_towle
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Mar 6 2014, 12:37 PM) *

I THINK I may be actually bringing Angie (and the boys?) with me too. She'll be in absolute hell but it could be fun.

See if the park is open that weekend.
I did it once with all of them when they were kids....it was loads of fun for them and me...I did cars and park...they looked at cars and left me in the swap alone and played in the park all day.

Iffy if it will be open, but it was when we did it, about 14 years ago.

We also rented a cabin in a campground nearby.
Private cabin with kitchen, pretty cheap from what I recall.

rich
VaccaRabite
The Zoo and Chocolate World will be open. The show is usually the weekend prior to the amusement park itself opening to the public.
IIRC there has typically been a private event that Ken has been invited to at the park that Saturday.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 6 2014, 12:51 PM) *

The park is open, there are “Easter Family Packages” available thru the official Hershey site.
Click to view attachment
It’s Spring Break that week, school are closed, so we’re “all” going
Outlet Mall shopping Thursday
Spa Day for the girls Friday, then park at night (if you purchase Saturday tickets, you get to go to the park the night before)
Swap on Saturday morning, then back to the park
Sunday brunch, then home

This will be the most expensive Hershey visit in the past 5 years
Bulldog9
I'll be up for Saturday, have a list of stuff I need. Will keep an eye on this to meet some of you guys and put faces to the online persona.
Big Len
Be there early morning and made Saturday night reservation. Hope you guys like tequila.
r_towle
QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 6 2014, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 6 2014, 12:51 PM) *

The park is open, there are “Easter Family Packages” available thru the official Hershey site.
Click to view attachment
It’s Spring Break that week, school are closed, so we’re “all” going
Outlet Mall shopping Thursday
Spa Day for the girls Friday, then park at night (if you purchase Saturday tickets, you get to go to the park the night before)
Swap on Saturday morning, then back to the park
Sunday brunch, then home

This will be the most expensive Hershey visit in the past 5 years

Family pass brother????
ClayPerrine
Betty and I are making arrangements to be there. Look for us driving a rent-a-slug........

ClayPerrine
Ok.. our flights, car rental and room at the Knights inn in Palmyra are all set.

We will see y'all there!

Oh, and Evil....

If your buddies kick you out, you CANNOT stay in our room!
Dr Evil
Why not? You would only be using 1/4 of your bed.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 9 2014, 01:01 AM) *

Why not? You would only be using 1/4 of your bed.....

I just don't swing that way.

Besides, you need a LOT of tic-tacs and deodorant.

ClayPerrine
Are there any dinner plans for Friday night?

VaccaRabite
Underdogs in Harrisburg.

Fantastic wings and beer. Usually crowded so I need to make reservations.
We have been going there the past 4 or so years and I am looking forward to it this year.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 9 2014, 08:24 PM) *

Underdogs in Harrisburg.

Fantastic wings and beer. Usually crowded so I need to make reservations.
We have been going there the past 4 or so years and I am looking forward to it this year.

Zach

What time? Do you have directions? We don't get to the hotel until around 7:30pm.

VaccaRabite
Underdog Sports Bar & Grill
3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, Pa 17111
717-564-5150

No time yet set, as I have not called for reservations. Was thinking 8ish.

Zach
auerbach
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 9 2014, 09:49 PM) *

3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, Pa 17111
717-564-5150

Zach

Is AA throwing us a dinner this year ?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 9 2014, 08:49 PM) *

3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, Pa 17111
717-564-5150

Zach

We are flying into Baltimore, so that should give us time to drive up to Harrisburg.

See Y'all Yankees there!

achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 11 2014, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 9 2014, 08:49 PM) *

3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, Pa 17111
717-564-5150

Zach

We are flying into Baltimore, so that should give us time to drive up to Harrisburg.

See Y'all Yankees there!

I'm hoping to meet some of you all there, coming from Queens...
zymurgist
Got my reservation.
okieflyr
We're reserved for Sat Knight paradise biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Scooter, did you get our special room? You know I am going to be staying there, right??
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 16 2014, 04:14 PM) *

Scooter, did you get our special room? You know I am going to be staying there, right??

confused24.gif see post 43

then see post 45 where you responded to post 43 slap.gif

Big Len
Anybody leaving NY/NJ area on Saturday morning? I should hit Easton PA around 8 am. I'm coming down from Newton NJ area.
saigon71
Reservations made at the Knight's Inn for Saturday night. Looking forward to it! beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Comming up on one month out.
As of yet no one has stepped forward to handle buying spaces. Folks may be going out on their own this year, and that's fine. It would be nice to have a central hang out point during the event.

Is anyone buying spaces at the event? Do you want us miscreants hanging out with you?

Zach
Big Len
What are the spaces for?
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 18 2014, 01:04 PM) *

What are the spaces for?

vendor spaces....or designated hangout spot(s)
pretty sure your not selling stuff Len?
VaccaRabite
It's a swap meet, and you have to buy spaces from PCA. In the past someone had stepped up to organize that effort. Chris (Tangerine) did it for a few years, I did it last year.

Essentially someone World buys a block of spaces (funded by individual members) so that we can all have a hang out palace during the show as well as sell stuff. I'm not bringing stuff to sell this year and don't have the time to org the slots, so am looking for someone to take up the mantle.

PCA has been difficult to work with on this in the past, and I had to go out of pocket to make sure everyone who paid for a spot got one. This pissed me off towards PCA in a big way and I just don't have he energy to do it this year ( though I'm happy to help the next guy avoid the pitfalls PCA places in your way).

Zach
Big Len
QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 18 2014, 02:05 PM) *

What are the spaces for?

You mean like a hang out, drink, and eat area?

What do I have to do? Do you need to be a PCA member? How many spots?
wndsnd
I will do it

I will pm you Zach
type47
my bad ... pre-reg ends mar 20th

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/prereg.pdf

wndsnd
I sent an email to CPA.PCA to get the ball rolling.

John

I just talked to Zach and am waiting to see if we can still qualify for early registration.

If I do not hear back from them in 24 hours, we will have to assume it will be full price for the spaces which is $50.00 per 9 X 18 space. At this point I can not guarantee that will get your car in. And If you do get a car in, it must also be on your 9 X 18 space.

Get your registration fees ready. When I hear back from the PCA, I will post my PP account and what the final $# is.

John

eimc
you probably will no hear back from them (this has happened in past) Just go online and register I registered at www. cpa-pca.org/swap/2014 enter and scrow down to register Paul
wndsnd
The purpose of me coordinating is so we can have a block of spaces together. If you do not care about location just register online on your own.

John
wndsnd
PCA just made initial contact with me and they are happy to have us as a group. I need to get an approximate count on members who want to reserve selling space. I think the easiest way is for me to do a group survey. Take a look and check in.

Thanks
John
wndsnd
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 18 2014, 04:47 PM) *

my bad ... pre-reg ends mar 20th

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/prereg.pdf

Fantastic we have at lease two days. I will work on an extension. Reserve your space now on my poll post.

John
wndsnd
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 18 2014, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 18 2014, 02:05 PM) *

What are the spaces for?

You mean like a hang out, drink, and eat area?

What do I have to do? Do you need to be a PCA member? How many spots?

Len,

If you are bringing stuff to sell or trade you should reserve a spot. If not bring a chair and hang out with one of us. Spots can be reserved on my poll post.

John
Big Len
Thanks John.

What I have to sell could fit in a gym bag and probably wouldn't cover the cost of the space.

My intention is to meet you guys, party a bit, and hopefully learn a few things. Maybe buy a couple of T shirts and bust Ray Mital's chops.
wndsnd
If you want to sell a few things why dont you split a space. Let me know and I will make the arrangements.

John
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 19 2014, 08:35 AM) *

..... and bust Ray Mital's chops.

heck...you don't need a space for that. Just park in my driveway any Saturday afternoon. You'll find me in the garage, struggling on some project... headbang.gif sawzall-smiley.gif flag.gif
ClayPerrine
Would someone be willing to ship the shit, err... very important parts I buy back to Texas for me, or do I have to freak out the shipping person at Office Depot again?

wndsnd
Tomorrow (the 20th) is the deadline for the reduced rate of $40.00 per vendor spot. I have five spots tallied in the poll so far. I will let this go till tomorrow night and I will reserve a block of side by side spaces. I will pay for the spaces and we will catch up. Then I will let it go another week to see if we have any additions. If PCA will let me, I will try to add to our original block, if not I will do the best to get them near by.

John
Don't forget to make your own hotel reservations and reservations for beer and wings Friday night.

Big Len
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2014, 06:07 PM) *

Would someone be willing to ship the shit, err... very important parts I buy back to Texas for me, or do I have to freak out the shipping person at Office Depot again?

I can help you out if you need, just don't buy anything too big or that leaks. new_shocked.gif
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 20 2014, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2014, 06:07 PM) *

I can help you out if you need, just don't buy anything too big or that leaks. new_shocked.gif

...if stuff too big, I'll be driving my Jeep Liberty, so will have more room. Be more than happy to help out.
tdgray
Have fun heathens... Easter weekend... no dice.

Just some advice for you noobs... stay away from the den of iniquity... you will know of what I speak when you get to the roach motel biggrin.gif
wndsnd
Any plans brewing for Friday late afternoon?

I have Underdogs Harrisburg at 8:00 pm.

John
CptTripps
Put me down for a spot and let me know who I need to pay. I've already got my room covered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.