Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2014 Hershey PA Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VaccaRabite
That time of year again.
Time to reserve rooms at the inn.
Time to think about what you may want to sell or buy.
Time to think about heading to Hershey PA for the anual swap meet and party!
Zach
VaccaRabite
Found it. April 19th.
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 31 2013, 05:44 PM) *

Found it. April 19th.

You driving the mean green 914?
VaccaRabite
A note for whoever ends up buying a block of tickets. The CPA guy who handles tickets only gives a set number of car passes no matter the number of spaces you buy. If we want to be together as a group the person who buys the block of tickets has to buy them bundles, not just as one sale. Otherwise it's an issue making sure everyone who gets a ticket gets a paid spot in the gate. Insane, and unfair, but we have learned to work around this nice little piece of BS.
Zach
scotty b
Matt's turn to get the room or yours ?? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 31 2013, 06:24 PM) *

Matt's
:-)
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 31 2013, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 31 2013, 05:44 PM) *

Found it. April 19th.

You driving the mean green 914?

That's the plan.
Course, that was the plan last year too.
This year it may actually happen.
hot_shoe914
I'm out, unless I can afford a plane ticket. That is just too dang far to drive just to be bullied by Scooter and the Evil one. chair.gif
type47
yep, Apr 19

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/2014.html

reharvey
Will it be another cold rainy day? Let's hope not but I wonder why they don't have this later in the season. Ray

dry.gif
type47
QUOTE(reharvey @ Jan 1 2014, 07:24 AM) *

Will it be another cold rainy day? Let's hope not but I wonder why they don't have this later in the season.

No way to predict Mother Nature ... a bad day at a cold and rainy Porsche swap meet beats a warm and sunny day working on the lawn in my opinion rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
In!
MMW
Just looked on Hershey park calendar & they are doing "Springtime in the park" this same weekend & the one before. Once the park fully opens up they don't have room for the swap. Hoping for no rain.
gms
That is the day before Easter sad.gif
Dr Evil
I just requested 18-21 off smile.gif Scooter, think my car will be ready in time?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 1 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Crap - That won't fly here. Wife will have my balls head if I miss Easter here. mad.gif
Dr Evil
Its going to be like two years ago when the same thing happened. No race the day after. I am still in.
GaroldShaffer
If it wasn't an 11hr drive one way for me I would make the run, but pulling a trailer full of crap valuable 914 parts, on Friday then all day Saturday at the meet then to try to be home in time Sunday am to attended Easter services. dry.gif

I guess I will see about attending the Carlisle swap meet the following weekend instead. confused24.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 1 2014, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Jan 1 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Crap - That won't fly here. Wife will have my balls head if I miss Easter here. mad.gif

Seriously, have these people never heard of a calendar? WTF.gif
Dr Evil
I am sure the people or person planning this event are getting paid handsomely.....probably not. You get what you pay for.
type47
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 1 2014, 12:22 PM) *

... the Carlisle swap meet the following weekend ...

I'd recommend the Import/Kit Car swap meet instead. I've found the Spring Carlisle event is geared more toward American antiques (cars that is ...) Even so, Import/Kit Car is more Swedish/English, not much VW and less Porsche ...
Porschef
Well, I suppose a Friday/Saturday trip would be doable... dry.gif
struckn
I'm ready...marked the calender, advised the wife.

Maybe the year for all the local ZAMBEZI's to get together finally.

piratenanner.gif

Doug

New Freedom Pa.
type47
Zambezi roll call (or greenish 914's biggrin.gif )

saigon71
Vacca Rabite
struckn
Joe Sayre (green with envy...)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 1 2014, 01:43 PM) *
Scooter, think my car will be ready in time?

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif poke.gif av-943.gif smoke.gif popcorn[1].gif
wndsnd
I should be there. Parts to sell......

John
plas76targa
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 31 2013, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 31 2013, 06:24 PM) *

Matt's
:-)

I agree. My turn
saigon71
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 1 2014, 06:10 PM) *

saigon71
Vacca Rabite
struckn

Barring a cataclysmic event, my Zambezi will be accounted for at the show. biggrin.gif

Will meet the caravan at the hotel the day of the show and book a room for that night.

What time does the caravan normally roll out?

Looking forward to it! beerchug.gif

scotty b
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 2 2014, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 1 2014, 06:10 PM) *

saigon71
Vacca Rabite
struckn

What time does the caravan normally roll out?

Typically about hangover:30 unsure.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Scooter, I see you missed my question. Above ^^^^^. Post #15. Donald lost his shit laughing at it, I dont know why, and it is probably inappropriate, in post #25.

confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
Yeah, I'll be there Friday till Sunday morning. Maybe get there Thursday night if others will be around to hang out somewhere.
Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 2 2014, 08:25 PM) *

Hey Scooter, I see you missed my question. Above ^^^^^. Post #15. Donald lost his shit laughing at it, I dont know why, and it is probably inappropriate, in post #25.

confused24.gif

No I saw it mellow.gif
hot_shoe914
Donald lost his shit laughing at it, I dont know why, and it is probably inappropriate,

I lost it because it was hilarious oh Evil one. Wasn't an inapropriate jab at Scooter, it was a jab poke.gif at you. How can he possibly have your car ready on time when you won't let him finish it? confused24.gif You always want to change or add something(nothing wrong with that} but if you want it finished, decide on what you want and let the man create a masterpiece so you can finally driving.gif the damn thing. Geez, you are worse than me dude! slap.gif Scooter, paint the damn thing neon green and give it to him. sheeplove.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Oh, the hillbilly thinks he so smart.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 3 2014, 09:30 PM) *

Oh, the hillbilly thinks he so smart.

alfred.gif
cantley914
Is the Knights Inn the rendez-vous place again this year?

beerchug.gif
CptTripps
I'm in...and planning on driving my 914.

It may be the maiden voyage, which means I'll have to stop 2-3 times for oil changes along the way. (Breaking in a freshly built motor.)

Worst-case scenario, I'll get to use up the remaining miles on my DD lease before it goes back to the dealership on April 25th.

So...where am I reserving a room?
VaccaRabite
Knights Inn is the place. It's in Palmyra PA.
VaccaRabite
Reminder that someone needs to organize spaces at the swap meet if we want to have a block. I don't have time to do it this year but can help the person who steps up.
Zach
scotty b
crap I forgot to reserve our room unsure.gif Gotta make a phone call.....
Dr Evil
Hurry up. I am going this time, alone, and staying in the meat locker with the rest of you sausage queens.
CptTripps
Reserved my room. I'll get there Fri night and leave Sun morn.
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 4 2014, 09:42 AM) *

Hurry up. I am going this time, alone, and staying in the meat locker with the rest of you sausage queens.

done. you get Matt grouphug.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 4 2014, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 4 2014, 09:42 AM) *

done. you get Matt grouphug.gif

Well, won't THAT be a cozy bed.
At least Matt is skinny.

Man, I had kinda liked it last year when we got up Sunday morning and there was not a VISIBLE toxic gas cloud in the room.

Zach
Dr Evil
Matt is like permanent magic fingers w00t2.gif

I want to get there Fri afternoon and leave Sun.
VaccaRabite
Friday afternoon to Sunday is my plan as well.

Need to get a count for reservations at Underdogs Friday night. Looking forward to wings and beer!

Zach
hot_shoe914
I hate that I am going to miss it this year, but I can't afford two trips to the east coast that close together. Plus I should still be getting the new house ready and settled. Hope you guys have a blast!

Shoe
beerchug.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 4 2014, 04:57 PM) *

Matt is like permanent magic fingers w00t2.gif

I want to get there Fri afternoon and leave Sun.

You picking on my ability to "Shake"? that not nice.
saigon71
I'll probably meet the caravan at the Knight's Inn on Saturday morning and book a room for Saturday night. Looking forward to it! beerchug.gif
struckn
Hey while we're at it we need to all Park together Saturday this year.
How about behind the Concourse Judging Area. Last year it was off to the left when entering the parking area and there seemed to be planty of room?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.