Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet & Animal Flesh Roast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
dfelz
I am looking for a set of rubber gaskets for the outer door handles as well as for the rear trunk lock. If anyone has them please let me know and bring them on Sunday!

Since I will be moving soon and cannot not take my stockpile of parts I will have some $1 and $5 boxes with parts as well as some various slightly higher dollar items (all under $20 though) and I don't want to leave with any of it, so please look through them!

Can't wait for Sunday! Will hopefully get the teener ready for the drive...
euro911
Got any jets? poke.gif

914 rubber is now selling repro door handle and trunk lock gaskets (as well as trunk seals)

Where ya moving to?
7TPorsh
my interior is still out, but the mat is in. Maybe I'll throw a seat in there and come out.

I do need a set of nice front euro lenses and a front hood seal.

Anyone need a set of front Koni shocks? D series

Also will have a pair of speaker grills. One of them has a small broken corner.
X911IC
Anyone staying at a nearby motel? Coming out on Saturday and need a recommendation for someplace to stay. Thanks, Neil
bdstone914
QUOTE(X911IC @ Apr 24 2014, 07:01 PM) *

Anyone staying at a nearby motel? Coming out on Saturday and need a recommendation for someplace to stay. Thanks, Neil

Ask Elliot. I think he stayed at the Thunderbird lodge and said it was ok.
dfelz
Shit Mark, completely forgot about those jets! I'll jump on those asap!

I moved to san diego about a month ago, but still have most of my things, including all 914 shtuff up in LA, but getting a moving truck to transfer it all in July.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 24 2014, 03:37 PM) *

Got any jets? poke.gif

914 rubber is now selling repro door handle and trunk lock gaskets (as well as trunk seals)

Where ya moving to?

oldschool
QUOTE(dfelz @ Apr 24 2014, 08:34 PM) *

I moved to san diego about a month ago, but still have most of my things, including all 914 shtuff up in LA, but getting a moving truck to transfer it all in July.

Got any jets? poke.gif

Where ya moving to?

Dude...u done with school confused24.gif
dfelz
QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 24 2014, 09:29 PM) *

Got any jets? poke.gif

Where ya moving to?

YUP!! finished last quarter!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

You game for another caravan to G&R?!? Monkeyboy is joining this time too
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 22 2014, 08:51 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 21 2014, 01:28 PM) *
I guess I should start prepping idea.gif

I've gotta squeeze 10 pounds of stromberg.gif in a 5 pound bag this time laugh.gif
So you gained some weight? confused24.gif av-943.gif
Silly boy - I'm planning on driving the BB this time (finally). But yes, it appears that I have gained some weight - received my new LW Measurements LSS-400 shipping scale today, and ...

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(dfelz @ Apr 24 2014, 07:34 PM) *

Don't use 'Shit' and 'Mark' in the same sentence slap.gif ... geezus, don't they teach you young-ins anything in college these days laugh.gif

See you kids there on Sunday beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Sigh! I was going to try to make this one, but there's no way I can be in a car for the 5 hours+ it takes to get there from here at this point.

Maybe the next one... sad.gif

--DD
SLITS

Comfort Inn on University Ave

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 24 2014, 07:47 PM) *

Ask Elliot. I think he stayed at the Thunderbird lodge and said it was ok.

The Thunderbird Lodge was OK. The hookers outside the Thunderbird Lodge, not so much. happy11.gif It actually won some awards after it's re-modeling. I got a free night with my Priority Club membership at the Holiday In Ontario Airport. Nice place and close enough to Riverside. It's usually where I stay for an event in SoCal.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 25 2014, 08:24 AM) *

Sigh! I was going to try to make this one, but there's no way I can be in a car for the 5 hours+ it takes to get there from here at this point.

Maybe the next one... sad.gif

--DD

Sorry you won't be there Dave. It's always a good time. See you at the Parts Heaven swap?
Dave_Darling
I should be healed up by then...
Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 25 2014, 08:29 AM) *

Is that the hotel that says "before you dump your baby in this dumpster please call this number no questions asked"

sad.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 25 2014, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 25 2014, 08:29 AM) *

Is that the hotel that says "before you dump your baby in this dumpster please call this number no questions asked"

sad.gif

No, that's the Motel 6 up the street. biggrin.gif

If anyone has a "good to go" used side shifter, there will be a guy looking for one on Sunday.
euro911
Motel '6'? ... where does one stay if they're driving a '4' confused24.gif

I have a spare side-shift trans, but I'm driving a 914 (already packed to the gills), so I can't bring with dry.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 25 2014, 10:15 AM) *
The Thunderbird Lodge was OK. The hookers outside the Thunderbird Lodge, not so much. happy11.gif

Yeah, those hookers were 'whoreable' laugh.gif ...
914_teener
Pre-swap meet needs......

Need a plastic front button with the paint headlight graphics still intact.

Don't need the switch...just the plastic disc.

Trade a type 1 Gene Berg alum manifold for a Type 1 or?

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
anyone doing a caravan from anywhere west?

I always get mixed up once i get into riverside. It's like my brain fries.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 25 2014, 05:55 PM) *

anyone doing a caravan from anywhere west?

I always get mixed up once i get into riverside. It's like my brain fries.

It's the air. Or lack of it. av-943.gif
Fe2O3
I need a couple of CV joints too sad.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(dfelz @ Apr 24 2014, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 24 2014, 09:29 PM) *

Got any jets? poke.gif

Where ya moving to?

YUP!! finished last quarter!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

You game for another caravan to G&R?!? Monkeyboy is joining this time too

headbang.gif Going to a graduation,...I may be able to make it ..but split early.
where we meeting?
ruby914
I am so up in the air on this one.
Looks like everyone will be there. Lots of new faces.

I have been debating on what to drive, the Ruby FI 2.0 or the Suby confused24.gif
Both are not completely together.
If I took the Ruby car there is a chance I would find a future buyer.
Na, 2mAn wants rust free, that's NLA. 3 years ago it was pre-rusted. Now it's got a little free rust.
Still not quite ready to sell her though.

So, I am jumbling other plans around, trying to make it.
Looks like it will be a last second decision.

Mark,
If I don't make it and you see a ratty old targa top, grab it for me.
I am thinking about that soft top thing. Don't need the latches just the shell, rattier the better.

euro911
Call me on Saturday if you think you're gonna make it and we can caravan out there Sunday morn confused24.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Apr 25 2014, 11:02 PM) *

I am thinking about that soft top thing. Don't need the latches just the shell, rattier the better.

I have a few and you are welcome to look & pick.
r_towle
Another lovely spring day in the northeast.
45 degrees and a slight drizzle.

No shows all around
SLITS
Rain is gone ... a tad chilly on the mountain ... 33 degrees. Hope it's warmer down the hill.

Rich ... I think we will have a special place for you at the G&R. Stay tuned for further information.

I'm looking for a set of 911 Turbo Valve Covers (lower) that won't cost the equivalent of the National Debt.

Well, time to go clean up the place (push all the crap NOS parts in one corner pile) and purchase the "food" in preparation for the event tomorrow.
euro911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 26 2014, 04:34 AM) *

Cool. See ya in the morning ...
r_towle
So,
Coming from someone who does not cook, except maybe a BBQ....

You cut it small.
You cook it through in the pan, then put it in the slow cooker?
sean_v8_914
ill have my SUV tomorrow so if anyone needs me to drag anything back to san diego, speak up
i can bring a flat tow bar also
sean_v8_914
dont try to call me. phone was stolen and the new one is not here yet so PM is all I got.
76-914
I just brown it in the pan. I do cut it small for the event. If you don't some folks will not get any meat. When I make it at home I use 1.5" cubes. It shrinks. And like stew it needs to go thru at least one heat/cool cycle to tenderize the meat. Venison ham is super for chili but I haven't seen any deer between San Diego and LA. lol-2.gif
ruby914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 26 2014, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 26 2014, 04:34 AM) *

Cool. See ya in the morning ...

Cool +1 Thanks guys

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 26 2014, 04:56 PM) *

I just brown it in the pan. I do cut it small for the event. If you don't some folks will not get any meat. When I make it at home I use 1.5" cubes. It shrinks. And like stew it needs to go thru at least one heat/cool cycle to tenderize the meat. Venison ham is super for chili but I haven't seen any deer between San Diego and LA. lol-2.gif

Because this is starting to sound like the cooking channel. Here is the hot tip on deer between San Diego and LA. Check out the 99 Ranch Market
15333 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92604
There are lots of them. Went to one in Torrance for Lobster on New Years. Came back with a nice stash of venison too. smile.gif

euro911
I think he was thinking more in regards to road-kill laugh.gif
sean_v8_914
i need a dash core. the one my customer brought to me was trash and I didnt have the heart to charge him for it so i just gave it to him
SLITS
5:26 AM .... in 45 minutes the gate will be open. yellowsleep[1].gif

smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
914-300Hemi
Had a great time today. Thanks Ron and Glen.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Fe2O3
smilie_pokal.gif my parts score... big thanks to everyone

Mic
bernbomb914
sorry I missed it 1st time in years failed to keep up with world
Steve
Thanks Glen and Ron for the hospitality. Bought some parts from Bruce to add to the collection!! Enjoyed the Chili!!! Didn't stick around for the burgers had lunch plans with the parents. See you all in six months hopefully I will have my 914 running by then.
Larmo63
I bought a lot of smalls. Little stuff that bugs you and you can dig through others' castoffs and make your car better and complete. Nice people, good times, and some beautiful cars.
DEZERTDUCK
Thank you Ron and Pelican Parts Glen for putting this event on, I was the New guy with the Black 914 on the trailer, also thank you for the guys that gave me a advise and helped me figure parts out. 914Glen thank you for clarification on what is considered "Early' and "Late" and also thank you to RPM Hirschel for the great deal on the flood lights. Im very happy I went to this event and my 914 will be on the road this week now with my new used parts!
Elliot Cannon
Much thanks to Ron and Glen for another successful G&R swap meet. A special congratulations to Marv's3.6six for finally bringing his 3.6 to the meet. I guess it was worth the wait because it is one of the best 914's on the west coast. The second and third pics are Marv's car. The Carrera GT silver looks fantastic and even though it wasn't entirely finished, the detail on the car is great. Here are just a few of the cars that were there.
r_towle
I see all those pallets and I can only wonder how much firewood I could turn those into.
euro911
As usual, Glenn and Ron were great hosts again beerchug.gif

Man-o-man, looking at the pix, it's become painfully evident that I missed shaking hands and BSing with a lot of you guys this time screwy.gif

I attempted to get some aerial footage with a little quad copter, but it didn't go as well as planned. When I reviewed the 5 minute file, it looks like one hard landing stopped the video at 1 minute, but continued to record audio for an additional 4 minutes blink.gif ... missing a lot of what was to be pretty good footage of the event headbang.gif

This was the first time I actually drove a 914 to the event in the 8 years I've been going. Got tired of loading up the Tacoma and coming home with more than I took, so I only brought a few selected items this time (and those items were mostly trades arranged in advance) shades.gif

See ya'all there in October ... biggrin.gif

KaptKaos
Bummed I missed it. Looks like another successful swap!
914_teener
I wanna say that there were more -6 or +6 there than -4 teeners.

I actually got rid of stuff I didn't need and picked up stuff I did.

Thanks Ron and Glenn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.