Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Cup Proposed Rules and Classes! now is the
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
nebreitling
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 26 2005, 12:40 PM)
nate dog: do bilsteins with the STOCK adjustable perch count as aftermarket adjustable perches? not a biggie for me - im in improved either way.... IPB Image

nope. good question though, i'll clarify that in the rules.

the bilsteins's height adjustment is terribly crude, no way you could corner balance off that. we're talking threaded collars or similar here.

paul: looks awesome.
ottox914
Been out of town a bit, just catching up on this thread. Looking at the points totaling more closely, my car #2, borrowed from a friend, was calculated wrong.

180 tires 23 x 15 x 9 slicks
70 suspension
30 interior
20 body- cage
150+ body- lightened/missing panels
55 trans
75 2.45 4 cyl
15 carbs
20 cam
5 flywheel
15 headers.

total 635.

I have never driven anything so beasty. Hope I don't suck to badly.

Friend is buying car from owner in TX, we expect delivery end of feb, into march. He wants it in the paint shop asap so it'll be looking good for the season- I'll see if I can post a few before/after photos when its in MN/WI. By the way, color is to be.... yellow. Any change in point totals for that?

List master- please update the point totals. I expect Rob, who I do not think is active on this list, may be wanting to sign up in his new 914 as well. I'll get after him when things slow down for the both of us and the car is here and ready to go, and have him pick a screen name and sign up for the cup.

Thanks again!

David Parsons
OttoX914
J P Stein
QUOTE (brant @ Jan 26 2005, 07:10 AM)

weight makes a big difference.
and don't -4 cars usually beat heavy -6 cars in autox?

Sure, all the time..... just like they do on the track.
GTeener
I'm in. Modified I guess IPB Image you tell me what my points are... too confusing. I just want to drive IPB Image
brant
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 26 2005, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ Jan 26 2005, 07:10 AM)

weight makes a big difference.
and don't -4 cars usually beat heavy -6 cars in autox?

Sure, all the time..... just like they do on the track.

ha...

not true on a track unless the driver is suberbly skilled.
and this I know because I personally am not superbly skilled.
nebreitling
IPB Image

bump for new eyes.

i'm slammed with work right now, but we'll create an official "nailed" thread or webpage or similar soon in order to officiate this thing.

nathan IPB Image
Part Pricer
We need to get these rules finalized. Then, I can spend some time discovering the loopholes. IPB Image
cha914
Man this thread gew quick...I finally dug through all the pages...you guys have put together an awesome "event"

I ran through the spreadsheet and came up with 250 ... so I going to join the modified group, I should be able to make 6 autox's this year....

Quick question, the car does have a welded in rollbar, and I am goin got add some side bars that should stiffen up the long area, but won't be a full cage and won't tie to suspension points...should this add points?

Quck layout of car so you will know what to fear in central TX IPB Image

74 2056 Raby powered 4
44 webers w/ Eurorace header
koni yellows all around
adj perches in rear w/ 175 springs
stock torsions w 22mm welt bar up front
gutted interior and race seat

and I just ordered a set of falkens for the car - finally -

still has full steel body work and its an ugly slow green...lets get it on!

Tony IPB Image
nebreitling
IPB Image for new eyes

i haven't forgot about this gals and guys, as soon as i finish this new piece (another few days) i'll get on the ball and formalize this.

which reminds me, i should get off the board and back to work IPB Image
Joe Ricard
Nathan, If I was any good at Computers I would offer to help. But hurry up because I have my 3rd event in week after next. Where will we send our results?
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

C'mon Nathan. wink.gif

A whole bunch of guys are gonna have points tomorrow night. driving.gif

KT
Part Pricer

Have the rules been finalized yet?

icon_bump.gif
nebreitling
the rules as they exist on page 1 are "finalized".

i'm sorry for the delay, guys. tuesday. expect more on tuesday. have to finish this project, then it's on.

smilie_pokal.gif
kermit
Nathan, this is great stuff. Your enthusiasm for autocross and racing in general is inspiring.

Just added up my points - squeaked into the Improved class with 240 points - honestly!!

You guys are going to be sorry... driving.gif
DuckRyder
I'm In,

Help me out here, SCCA Street Prepared is what Stock or Improved? (I think stock for my car anyway, only reason it is SP is removal of the air injection and backadated HE's.

I think it would be helpful to relate 914 cup classing to SCCA and PCA classing.

Re. LSD: Keep the extra points for LSD

I agree

Re. the number of events: For the highest number of people to be able to participate, I think that it should be kept low. Here in New England, we have a short season usually six to seven months. Most organizations around here only run once a month.

I agree

Re. carbs: Yes. Points for carbs on 4-cylinder cars. I'm not sure about non-stock carbs on stock 6-cylinder cars.

I agree on the 4. I think the 6 should be able to use any stock carb or fuel injection with no penalty.

Re. min. # of total entries for an event to count: Lower the number of entries to ten. Then, if less than ten cars run, hit 'em with an handicap.

I'm not sure I have an Opinion, the last Auto-X I was at here has ~ 150 entries.

Re. EV's : I think we should reserve the right to retroactively deduct points from Otmar if we find that he is consistently kicking out butts.

I think if everyone else is going to be on the honor system of classifying their car, so should he.

Re. a dual entry (e.g. one for PCA/one for SCCA): If we allow dual entries, the points should never be mixed. If you declare upfront that you will be running one PCA and one SCCA, you can't at a later time take the highest six (or whatever number) from both groups. However, if you don't declare that you are running with two or more separate groups, your highest six (or whatever number) will be your points.

I agree

Re. TTOD set by open-wheeled formula cars: Production cars only.

I agree, But this may be problematic, AFAIK SCCA does not specify that FTD is a production car or not. I assume that this will mean me looking through the results and picking the Fastest Production car, if FTD is run by a F440, or FV or Formula SAE as is usual. It won't be published as "Official FTD - Production car" though.
nebreitling
BUMP!

okay, i know some of you guys are downright horny for this thing to be finalized (trekkor beer.gif ), but it's going to be another week. DON'T WORRY -- IT WILL HAPPEN we can do it fast, or we can do it right... seeing as how most AX seasons haven't begun yet, there wouldn't be many results to view anyway.

i know, however, that some of your seasons have already begun -- that's alright, just hang on to your results!

we're going to try to keep get this thing as automated as possible. you will all owe Andy a beer after this.
Trekkor
In the loudest voice you can...

BRING IT ON!!

KT
Trekkor
it's going to be another week.

Hello?

icon_bump.gif
nebreitling
dude -- the pm i sent wasn't good enough?

we're trying to do this a bit "polished". it's coming guys, just hang tight, get your cars ready... for those of you who've already been running, just hang onto your scores...
J P Stein
I'm gonna get a late start, but I'll be there for the finish laugh.gif

Got a call from Mr. Sheridan today. My *8 lb* hoods are OTW.
He says he now makes em' from a good percentage of CF to stiffen the outside edges. He obiviously takes pride in his work
and does all his own lay-up. Pics to follow.

Got a line on some VERY light not-for-road 16 X 10 wheels.
I'll paint the car on the weekend of 5 March. I'm going to the SCCA kickoff party this weekend....it just happens to be at a spot that sells Hoosiers.(insert money flying away smiley) Assuming all goes well, I just *might* make the SCCA AX on March 19/20....but I'm not putting any money on it. biggrin.gif

This sucker better be fast or I'm gonna give my long suffering wife the opportunity to take me out before I cut my wrists.
Trekkor
unsure.gif

You'll be buried with scores in no time.

KT
Trekkor
Nate,

Put me down for 97 points on event #1 mueba.gif

my 48.23 to a 46.69 TTOD = 96.8 ( 97 )

RR-PCA Results

KT
Joe Ricard
Wow 7 runs!!!!!! You ought to get better with that much practice.
Trekkor
more on RR/PCA a/x #1

When I get the suspension dialed, look out. cool.gif

KT
Trekkor
Nate cool_shades.gif

A/X #2...94 pts, please.

51.891 TTOD, 55.289 Me =93.854 ( 94 )

LPR a/x #1

thanks

KT

( I choke )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.