Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving the limo - $1500 to ship it.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Dr Evil
I may be able to with the new job smile.gif

...and OH is closer.
Krieger
I need that mailing address from Rob for a check.
ConeDodger
A couple bucks sent to help this along...
Chris H.
Threw some in earlier this week. Let's get this done so we can start arguing about debating what color to paint it biggrin.gif .
McMark
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 4 2014, 05:08 AM) *

Aw man, this is how I find out plans have changed? Not even a PM sad2.gif Cold.

Anyway, Rick is infinitely more talented than I at working on a project like this and we could not have a better choice or chance of it getting done to the highest level of quality. I am glad you can take this on Rick smile.gif

For those asking how I fit in, I had offered, and initially been accepted as the caretaker and at least partial finisher of this project due to my large shop at my new place. The new place will not be in my possession until Sept 26 if all the mortgage stuff and sellers dont fall through. Plans change, as stated in first post, and actually this works out better for the car/world smile.gif

You mean this PM? ar15.gif

poke.gif
Dr Evil
Dude, that aint in my que. For real. confused24.gif
McMark
Oh, that's right your NOT the guy with a period. It's so hard to tell and you know you can't just ask. av-943.gif

Well, then SURPRISE! dry.gif Can't say I didn't try.
Dr Evil
wub.gif Nope, I dont have a period wink.gif
EdwardBlume
$1365! Thanks to everyone who has dug in to make this cool 914 world car live on!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 4 2014, 06:44 PM) *

I have been accused of having a period from time to time. fyou1.gif rolleyes.gif

It may be coming north but it's the worlds car. There have been a lot of guys that either donated cars, attended work parties offered up parts or just plain offered support and encouragement for the guys that were close enough to do the work.

Sorry for the delay in replying to those that pm'd me today. I was out of the office and can't connect to the fun stuff with company assets on company time. I'll check again in the morning incase and at lunch tomorrow. I'm caught up now with the pm's so if you didn't get a reply or you want in ping me again!
CptTripps
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 4 2014, 07:49 PM) *

$1365! Thanks to everyone who has dug in to make this cool 914 world car live on!

Almost there!

smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
Cool! I think we'll make it by the weekend! I just replied to another request to assist with the moving cost. Keep up the good work!
Michael N
Another drop in the bucket added.
FourBlades

Some bucks added...

John
TravisNeff
Some bucks added too smile.gif
tdgray
Check (correct spelling biggrin.gif) in the mail smile.gif

tdgray
Be happy to make a trip up and help as well... Not... Repeat... Not sleeping in the same room with Drevil biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks everyone!!!! We made the goal! Rob will post a total later but I got a pm from him saying we are just shy of 1500.00 with a couple of checks coming yet.

Mark and I will work on the shipping details and let everyone know when and how it will ship.

assimilate.gif burger.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
Thanks to all for making this happen. We are at goal with a couple of checks still coming. The limo is quite a piece of 914 folk lore which I fully expect to see rolling around the country someday.

Thanks again!
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 3 2014, 06:44 PM) *

I was talking to Rich Towle about the perfect engine if we can pull it off. All I can say is it will be air cooled and all Porsche! shades.gif

Actually Rickster, you brought the 918-S to the World with a Porsche water-cooled powerplant... and the 928 engines are not that expensive to source...especially the earlier L-Jet versions.

Considered tailbadging this one as a 918-SL? (for Sport Limousine) idea.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 6 2014, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 3 2014, 06:44 PM) *

I was talking to Rich Towle about the perfect engine if we can pull it off. All I can say is it will be air cooled and all Porsche! shades.gif

Actually Rickster, you brought the 918-S to the World with a Porsche water-cooled powerplant... and the 928 engines are not that expensive to source...especially the earlier L-Jet versions.

shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
They could be twins...

Same color and trim

Both have 2x the engine of a stock 914

One would also be 2x as long as a stock 914

918-SL? (for 918-S Lengthened)

Both alien_2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 6 2014, 03:41 PM) *
One would also be 2x as long as a stock 914

More like 1.33 times the length of a stock 914 ...
shades.gif
r_towle
With proper cooling, it fits.
CptTripps
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 6 2014, 03:03 PM) *

That was the first thing I thought of when Rick had his hand up to take it over. You wouldn't have the "tall guy" issue with the 928 motor at all. Plenty of leg room back there!
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 4 2014, 05:44 PM) *

I don't know... I've been around you a few times when I could have sworn you were on your period. dry.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 8 2014, 08:58 AM) *

I don't know... I've been around you a few times when I could have sworn you were on your period. dry.gif

balljoint
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 8 2014, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 8 2014, 08:58 AM) *

Ah, the infamous camping trip! whistle[1].gif
Dr Evil
That is the only pic without Sachs bare/bear ass in it.
flippa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 8 2014, 07:41 PM) *

That is the only pic without Sachs bare/bear ass in it.

blink.gif

I'll donate to the cause as long as we don't hear any more sordid details about your camping shenanigans with Zach. sad.gif

Send me a PM with the Paypal info Rick.
orthobiz
Don't have to put in any specific numbers, but maybe a post with the names of the contributors at some point. Keeps the camaraderie going. I love this place!

Paul
Chris Pincetich
first.gif
Bummed the SF Bay crew couldn't finish it, but it was fun getting it started. I'm looking forward to daily updates on the limo from it's new home biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
Sleepin
In case someone stops in and does not know what the heck this thread is about.....

IPB Image
914time
Any updates on getting the limo moved to Rick?

I'm kind of hoping to snap a picture of it when it comes through the Twin Cities!
EdwardBlume
Still in process.... cheer.gif
Hank914

piratenanner.gif

Sent some mobley to keep the Limo alive and moving!

Thanks for doing this Rob!

driving.gif
rick 918-S
Heard from the shipper today. They are picking up the car on 9/19 and plan to drop it on 9/26.

I gave them a deposit today. It's on like donkey kong! monkeydance.gif
Chris H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlhKZaQk860
Dr Evil
piratenanner.gif
Johny Blackstain
356 limo! blink.gif
EdwardBlume
I want to thank all of the 914 world members again who donated to the Limo cause. All of you put together helped Rick take on the project for now, and helped all of us become a part of a car that is bigger than each of our own pursuits... literally.

Thanks again, this is a truly great group...... because of the people.

SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 18 2014, 05:27 AM) *
I want to thank all of the 914 world members again who donated to the Limo cause. All of you put together helped Rick take on the project for now, and helped all of us become a part of a car that is bigger than each of our own pursuits... literally.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 18 2014, 05:27 AM) *

beerchug.gif

It going to be hard to fit all of us in there for the inaugural ride but I'm sure it'll work out. biggrin.gif
McMark
Looks like they're coming a day early. I'll have pics as it gets loaded. boldblue.gif
McMark
Liars. dry.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 18 2014, 06:10 PM) *

Liars. dry.gif

hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
Where in the world is Sonoma anyway?
Bob L.
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 18 2014, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 18 2014, 06:10 PM) *

Liars. dry.gif

hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
Where in the world is Sonoma anyway?

Wine country, an hour or so north of San Francisco.
speed metal army
Isn't Sonoma a pickup truck? biggrin.gif
Bob L.
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 19 2014, 12:04 AM) *

Isn't Sonoma a pickup truck? biggrin.gif

Yeah... Where do you think they're made? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.