Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mrholland2
Sooo, did anyone try this one: http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-15587-t...CFaM7Mgod7AoA7A

It seems like TWO of the Truck Lites is about what ONE of the GE is now? (or the pair of GE lights is 446 bucks IF the coupons exist and IF you have two accounts)

Sean
MJHanna
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 11 2015, 10:26 AM) *

Sooo, did anyone try this one: http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-15587-t...CFaM7Mgod7AoA7A

It seems like TWO of the Truck Lites is about what ONE of the GE is now? (or the pair of GE lights is 446 bucks IF the coupons exist and IF you have two accounts)

Sean

I have them in my car, I liked the front lens better than the GE.
bandjoey
If you're a Chinese buyer Alibaba lists 1.576 suppliers of 7" led headlights priced about $80 ea with 4 piece min order (up to 600,000 per month). smile.gif
eric9144
I just got another email from Amazon with the GE Nighthawk coupon again... So that's happening again.
mrholland2
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jun 11 2015, 09:13 AM) *

Sean

How's the lighting on them? Any blinding of fellow drivers? Melt any Honda bumpers? smile.gif
db9146
I was looking last night and found these as possible alternatives as well:
LEDs on eBay

Click to view attachment

Anyone considered or have any experience with these?

MJHanna
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 23 2015, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jun 11 2015, 09:13 AM) *

Sean

How's the lighting on them? Any blinding of fellow drivers? Melt any Honda bumpers? smile.gif

They are great, not blinding others cuz they are set correctly, but you sure can see what is in front of you. I'm going to look at finding some the same size as the fog lights. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

jim_hoyland
The Amazon site posts $ 308. 00 each and a $100 coupon.... sad.gif

What type of bulb, H7 ?
914forme
My big question is hows the light pattern compare to Cibie Z Beams? Maybe I keep the Cities I have for my -6, and put the Truck lights or the JWs in the 914. Makes the wiring harness easier. No more heavy gauge aux harness, relays, etc... I guess I could get buy with out all of that if I pulled all the 100w bulbs out and did not run them with the low and hi beams on at the same time. 510 Whats, really makes for some good lighting at the night auto-xs.
mepstein
The pattern is a little odd. There are some bright spots that cross as some point. You notice it on an empty road but not in traffic. It's a minor thing.

I was just talking to my dad last night and he told me he put these on his 2013 wrangler. He said he really liked the light and made driving at night much easier.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jun 24 2015, 09:45 AM) *

I was looking last night and found these as possible alternatives as well:
LEDs on eBay

Click to view attachment

Anyone considered or have any experience with these?

Looks like fun...
orthobiz
One of the absolute best upgrades I've ever made to any of my 914's. The GE Nighthawks are fantastic.

Glad I found this thread.

I do have a minor glitch, turning not the fog lights turns on the high beams also! Will post a separate thread about this.

Paul
LeftCoastErik
I put the GEs in mine. Man they are awesome. I also did the 9 LED round lights I have in my build thread. They work well also. Between the two, backroads look pretty awesome at night. No issues with oncoming traffic yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.