Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914World badge design contest ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
7TPorsh
outlaw

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 10:12 AM) *

red background...a little too bloodshot maybe

Click to view attachment

How about a while color car in red background?

Thank you
PanelBilly
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 10:17 AM) *

Thiis works for me
7TPorsh
by your command....ivory

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
how about the car gets polished like the letters?

Click to view attachment
Phoenix914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Ok so lets get away from the red on gold....

Click to view attachment

How would this one look with the outer ring in black? This design is a good direction, imho.
7TPorsh
ok, let's see...

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
und

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
popcorn[1].gif
Phoenix914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 01:59 PM) *

ok, let's see...

Click to view attachment

smilie_pokal.gif This looks great!

For some reason, I think a blue car would look even better.
DblDog
I like all of these...I do have a comment about the car in the center...from a perspective point of view. The passenger window looks a little of whack...the top edge of the glass and the sill edge should be parallel, or closer to parallel...does any else see this?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(DblDog @ Nov 19 2014, 11:09 AM) *

I like all of these...I do have a comment about the car in the center...from a perspective point of view. The passenger window looks a little of whack...the top edge of the glass and the sill edge should be parallel, or closer to parallel...does any else see this?

A little off. I don't think you will see it on a 3" badge. That section will be 1/4".

Car color wise I think we should stick to the popular colors or the flag colors.

red, yellow, black, silver. Yellow may add horsepower to the badge.... smile.gif
914nola
I'm just wondering if Sir Andy thought this would go smoother. I personally thought there would be more entries and one entry would just stand out with sunbeams shining down on it. So many talented people on this site that make parts and others that save rust buckets. Graphic design team we seem to be missing. I like all the entries and thank everyone that submitted. Andy will have a tough decision.
pisces914
thanks for all of this - one question/comment - i thought that 1969 was the first year of production for the 914?

brad in seattle
7TPorsh
QUOTE(pisces914 @ Nov 19 2014, 11:28 AM) *

thanks for all of this - one question/comment - i thought that 1969 was the first year of production for the 914?

brad in seattle

Some of the 70 cars were built in 69 but I think the first "model" year was 1970.
SirAndy
I really like the idea of the German flag Black/Red/Gold in the center and using the 914 outline as well.

So, here are 4 more suggestions, with both gold and white accents ...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
914nola
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 19 2014, 11:55 AM) *

I really like the idea of the German flag Black/Red/Gold in the center and using the 914 outline as well.

So, here are 4 more suggestions, with both gold and white accents ...

beerchug.gif

I like the second and fourth. Love the dates on the side, the silhouette of the car, and does not look like the club badge examples people have posted.
7TPorsh
Dates are tricky; looks like we are dating the world. Two more gold and chrome. Remember these are badges so lettering and borders/outlines are polished/plated metal. Unless we are just printing the whole thing on a badge.

If the real thing like Mikey914 shows, then designs need to accommodate. So if its gold; the metal is gold and the badge is gold. Chrome lettering, chrome badge. Andy's gold lettering on a chrome badge will need to be painted.

These can be with or without gear outline shape.

gold
Click to view attachment

chrome
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
If you're going to use the German flag colors, please make sure you put them in the correct order.
shades.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 19 2014, 01:27 PM) *

If you're going to use the German flag colors, please make sure you put them in the correct order.
shades.gif

ha, sorry, not German....Czech actually.

howzdeeese

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
I like this smile.gif
poorsche914
If it has the years designation, I think it should have all years not just beginning and ending years. Perhaps something like this idea.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

kid914
I still say replace MEMBER with (OUTLAW)
just my 0.2 confused24.gif
can't Photoshop to see what it looks like.
arkitect
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 02:41 PM) *

shades.gif

howzdeeese

Click to view attachment

I like this one without the 914 in the middle and add the gear teeth.

Dave
Mikey914
LAST DAY !
Mike Fitton
Ok here is one more:

Click to view attachment
914bub
Any chance they can be offered in both "gear" edge and smooth? I know a lot of people like the gear edge but it's just not my "stein of Heineken".
GermermanCarGuy
I’m leaning towards SirAndy’s proposal (post #166). I’m curious as to how it would look with a few modifications to his lower left image.

Specifically, change the center globe top half with a hammer-textured recessed “Earth” and smooth raised “Lat/Long” lines (both same finish as outer ring gear). I’d change the flag color order (obviously), but instead of printing out “914” in the center, I'd recommend a chrome vehicle silhouette (or raised silhouette outline) on the black flag portion. On the red portion, I'd recommend “1970-1976” in black.

The large “914” is not necessary (redundant) with the top outer circle reading “914WORLD.COM”. Either “Member” or “Vereinsmitglied” on the bottom (non-committal).

Also, by leaving out the “obvious to us” “914”, we can answer stupid questions with “It’s Ferrari – don’t touch”...Italian accent optional.

Thoughts? confused24.gif
Mikey914
All final designs need to be submitted today to vote on the one we want.
Chris Pincetich
popcorn[1].gif
beerchug.gif
I like the whole car outline a lot more than just the top window
years make it confusing....are those the years you are a "member"?
Lookin good w00t.gif
Cuda911
^^^ I agree. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the version with just the top center of the car looks like the back end of a tow truck at first glance.
Mike Bellis
When will the poll start? confused24.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Nov 19 2014, 05:50 PM) *

If it has the years designation, I think it should have all years not just beginning and ending years. Perhaps something like this idea.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

I concur that having all of the years is very attractive. I think it makes it more clear what the dates are for as well. Just my .02
Chris914n6
Tried to come up with something different. Sucks working from the laptop... so the car will need to be tweaked from my 914turbo logo and the stripes are supposed to fit in the globe grid but here's the idea.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

One more, matching car color option.
IPB Image

More brass/silver
IPB Image

ok, last one... for fun.
IPB Image
wndsnd
I really like the simplicity and coloring of this second one.

John
Mikey914
Hours left
7TPorsh
Wow, I see two things going on here....design AND coloring. As well as gear or no gear...so three....this will be interesting. Also variations on a design....(popcorn)
7TPorsh
QUOTE(arkitect @ Nov 20 2014, 05:26 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 19 2014, 02:41 PM) *

shades.gif

howzdeeese

Click to view attachment

I like this one without the 914 in the middle and add the gear teeth.

Dave

Last entry for me.....what now?
Click to view attachment

Johny Blackstain
2nd one is smoking hot & the first is funny as hell biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
Just an update to the 'fun' one with the proper car.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.