Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
hey all -

I've got a '71 tub and am looking at some '75 inner door panels here locally -

Is there any difference between an early and late door that I should know about before popping for these? Will they fit my doors?

thanks!

td
bdstone914
QUOTE(tadink @ Dec 10 2014, 06:28 PM) *

hey all -

Is there any difference between an early and late door that I should know about before popping for these? Will they fit my doors?

thanks!

td

Early door panels are smaller and show part of the painted door at the edge. The top frame is different too. Not sure you can easily fit late panels in early doors.
The vinyl early doors is smooth, the 75 would have the late basket weave.
stevegm
QUOTE(tadink @ Dec 10 2014, 07:28 PM) *

hey all -

thanks!

td

I have some early door panels if you want to put the correct ones on.
tadink
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 10 2014, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(tadink @ Dec 10 2014, 07:28 PM) *

hey all -

thanks!

td

I have some early door panels if you want to put the correct ones on.

hey - thanks! what do you want for them?

you can PM me here or try tadink <at> yahoo.com

cheers - and thanks guys!!

td
Dave_Darling
I think I remember that the panels do interchange, even though they are not the same. You might need to do a little tweaking of stuff to get them to interchange?

Note that there are at least two different basket weave patterns; one for ~72-74 cars and one with larger pattern elements for 75-76. There were a couple of different grain patterns on the smooth vinyl as well, but I don't remember when those changed.

--DD
Johny Blackstain
No probs installing 74 door panels on my 70/6.
Chris914n6
early has a formed metal top piece. 75-76 is 1 piece molded fiberboard that gets the hooks ripped out by unknowing panel removers and is a bitch to fix. Early is easy to attach to new flat fiberboard and make replacement or custom panels.
johannes
You can restore your late panel yourself. It's easy. Watch my tutorial here (lots of pictures).
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=54608

For your information, here is a thread with the early panels
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=46715

EdwardBlume
I just installed new Mikey panels.... very nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.