Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surge / Idle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
r_towle
Suck on it, if you can make your tongue stick to the end, it's holding a vacuum.
lsintampa
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 27 2015, 07:08 PM) *

Suck on it, if you can make your tongue stick to the end, it's holding a vacuum.

Well if I "suck on it", it will stick to my tongue. However, nothing inside moves, unlike the loaner MPS.

So my question to you is why is there such a difference between the inside movement between the two units???
lsintampa
Well - we're done.

Issue resolved.

Problems fixed:

1) rebuilt MPS - thanks to Jeff Bowlsby
2) found and fixed a stuck de-accel valve
3) cleaned up and lubed the dizzy plates
4) replaced TPS board - thanks to davesprinkle

Adjusting the TPS was the most difficult to do.

By chance I met someone at our last PCA social that is retired, but he worked for Bosch as a trainer on d-jet (of all things). I got some documentation on the d-jet system from him. Most of it was for VW, but parts pertained to the 914. One thing I found in that documentation was that if your surging is "wild" up and down, they suggest you adjust your tps - as r_towle said, there is only one position it can be in for idle.

I tried the Pelican method - and it seems to be good. Then just for grins, I started the car an mal-adjusted the TPS - and it started surging like mad.

Anyway, I'm in a good place now. bye1.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Feb 22 2015, 08:12 AM) *

Well - we're done.

Issue resolved.

Problems fixed:

By chance I met someone at our last PCA social that is retired, but he worked for Bosch as a trainer on d-jet (of all things). I got some documentation on the d-jet system from him. Most of it was for VW, but parts pertained to the 914. One thing I found in that documentation was that if your surging is "wild" up and down, they suggest you adjust your tps - as r_towle said, there is only one position it can be in for idle.

I tried the Pelican method - and it seems to be good. Then just for grins, I started the car an mal-adjusted the TPS - and it started surging like mad.

Nice.

You motor is stock cam 2.0 with d-jet?

lsintampa
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 22 2015, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(lsintampa @ Feb 22 2015, 08:12 AM) *

Well - we're done.

Issue resolved.

Problems fixed:

Nice.

You motor is stock cam 2.0 with d-jet?

correct!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.