Full Version: Original 6's for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
r_towle
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 28 2014, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 28 2014, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 28 2014, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 28 2014, 04:10 PM) *

Funk and Scooter...could you please put the lid back on the paint thinner can.

Us normal 914 people need help. popcorn[1].gif
Tom

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Scooter guy.
Have a Safe & Happy New Year's Eve.
We really understand you and your brilliant ability to express words. Sometimes when I sneak into The Sandbox website I am starting to understand your discussions with Dr. Evil??? stirthepot.gif There is hope for us normal 914 people. lol-2.gif happy11.gif
BTW: Your restoration workmanship is smilie_pokal.gif Beautiful paint jobs.

Back on subject: This summer I went to our local market for fresh strawberry's and a beautiful original 914-6 (silver) was sitting in the parking lot. I be-friended the guy and promised to never give out his vin # & info per his request. He is a proud 2nd owner and the 6 is a beauty. Hopefully I'll get an invitation to tour around town with him in Petoskey next summer with my 914-4. They are out there and hiding.
Tom bye1.gif

All I got was strawberries can make you hallucinate and imagine 914-6's are popping up all over the place, but when you try to remember, there is no proof.

Rich
rick 918-S
Let the flaming begin!

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 29 2014, 04:57 PM) *

I would do that is a heartbeat.
Cheaper than paying you....

rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 29 2014, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 29 2014, 04:57 PM) *

I would do that is a heartbeat.
Cheaper than paying you....

rich

happy11.gif
fixer34
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 28 2014, 04:13 PM) *

seriously though, isn't there a guy in Atlanta that sells -6 VIN tags for legit conversions ? mellow.gif

..legit conversions...
At the risk of opening a can of worms, isn't this a bit of an oxymoron??
I believe the initial question was regarding 'original' -6's. Seems like I should need more than a small plate and several square inches of steel with numbers stamped into them to be 'legit'.
Johny Blackstain
Someone recently posted somewhere on a 356 aluminum Gmund coupe that just won a prize a Pebble Beach, & it's owned by Peter Porsche. The whole car is new, but it qualifies as a restoration because they transferred the VIN & chassis numbers, as well as the matching numbers engine. So if as stated before you have a trashed six with all it's original stuff & you move it all over to a 4 chassis, numbers & all, it's a legitimate six. Not original, but restored & legitimate.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 29 2014, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 28 2014, 04:13 PM) *

seriously though, isn't there a guy in Atlanta that sells -6 VIN tags for legit conversions ? mellow.gif

..legit conversions...
At the risk of opening a can of worms, isn't this a bit of an oxymoron??
I believe the initial question was regarding 'original' -6's. Seems like I should need more than a small plate and several square inches of steel with numbers stamped into them to be 'legit'.

Scooter was being flippant.

AA certain someone was trying to do this on ebay and was met with aa total shitstorm on this board.
Sorry I stutter, I'm Canadian eh-eh....
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 29 2014, 04:12 PM) *
Not original.

Original only happens one time. Those conversions are still a dressed up 4.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 29 2014, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 29 2014, 04:12 PM) *
Not original.

Original only happens one time. Those conversions are still a dressed up 4.

Pete from RD said they may have enough panels for a "body in white" in a few years. So if you stick a couple of plates on one is it a real /6?

idea.gif
Johny Blackstain
What does real mean? I agree w/ Joe in that original is original only once. Fully restored is no longer original, but it appears to be taken as legitimate by the car collector culture. Then you have my LE- unrestored, maintained, 48k original miles but it's been repainted- what do you call that? This is turning into a discussion over vocabulary & grammar.
Hank914
"Then you have my LE- unrestored, maintained, 48k original miles but it's been repainted- what do you call that?"

Is that what a survivor is? And I seem to remember an article about an unrestored, moderately rusted Ferrari (no re spray) sold for multiple millions, even with massive miles. No completely restored, rebuild needed. Just sell as a drivable barn find. But first drive it as it was meant to be driven when it was first built. No garage queen, just a used, but rare, Ferrari. In 15-20 more years, your LE will be worth big bucks just as it looks today, even with 148,000 miles. Enjoy it as the Porsche builders made it to be enjoyed.

"This is turning into a discussion over vocabulary & grammar."

I went to a public school, proper English grammar was a foreign language elective that I did not take.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.