Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club Badges - Design finalized, sign up here for yours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Big Len
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2015, 07:11 PM) *

This is getting tiring. We can go on and on for years about who likes what and who doesn't. Opinions and assholes. The simple fact is that there will never be ONE design that EVERYONE is in love with, hence the poll option. Majority rules. If someone wants to get their panties in a wad because it does or doesn't have "member", it does or doesn't have the dates, then those someones can simply not buy a badge and have their own perfect design made. After all, we're all men here !!

I'm about to go pull out my Club badges dry.gif

Actually, after some thought. How about dropping "Member " and changing it to " We're all men here "

Great idea but sounds vaguely familiar.....Oh yeah, post 41. Buy you a beer and a shot at Hershey, Scotty beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Sticking my oar in:

The 914 silhouette on this one is too busy. Simplify it (maybe get rid of the mirror, maybe get rid of the triangle window?) and it should work a little better. And might be easier to produce?

--DD
Cuda911
As long as this is still open to comments, I have two:

1) Why does the hood have an up-turn in the last section of it? Was it supposed to look like the headlights in the up position? If so, it doesn't.

2) The reason why the ones with the numbers embedded into the silhouette is much better than the plain silhouette is that the numbers break up that large black chunk beneath the car. Otherwise, the car shape is completely lost amongst all that black.

As others have stated, though, the design with the full silhouette has a silhouette that is not of the right proportions. Can't you just take a side profile photograph and trace that, then shrink it down, to get the right proportions?
db9146
I like this latest design best as well but the 914 looks like it has a little too much "nose down" attitude. Can it be leveled a bit?
poorsche914
Look at the silhouette of your 914... the sloping down is the hoodline. The "up-turn" is the fender section that extends out to the turn signals.

The full silhouette was ever-so-slightly elongated... probably happened during a resize confused24.gif Good eye, people smile.gif

driving.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Look at the silhouette of your 914... the sloping down is the hoodline. The "up-turn" is the fender section that extends out to the turn signals.

The full silhouette was ever-so-slightly elongated... probably happened during a resize confused24.gif Good eye, people smile.gif

driving.gif

OK, I see what you mean when I study the car from a straight sideways profile. Although technically it is the correct silhouette, my brain tends to follow the fender line for the profile, so the mental image I get is much closer to the profile line used in the red outline below.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 12:00 AM) *

I like both but prefer the one with the full car at the bottom of the globe.
malcolm2
I have not read every post, so please excuse me if this has been covered. But the "4" bothers me. Can we use the "upsidedown h"? The four on the car? Both on the web site and the badge.

Is that font copyrighted?
stevegm
Today is the 27th. Do we vote today?
VaccaRabite
The Admins are deliberating on which badge is going to be used. It will be a design that is 1) already on the table 2) will not be changed once a final decision is reached.

We will try and have a decision out by the end of the day today.

Thanks
Zach
VaccaRabite
We listened to you folks when it was suggested (by several of you) that the admins just get together and pick a design so that we can go forward with production.

Our expectation is that Mikey914 will continue with the badge production once a design is decided.

We have had a poll going on since the evening of the 25th and the following design was the clear winner among the admins.

So here it is, your new badge:

IPB Image

Zach
stevegm
Thank you. It is awesome. Great design. I will take 3. How much are they estimated to be, BTW?

Thanks,
Steve
Phoenix914
I like it. beer.gif
rick 918-S
smile.gif
Cairo94507
I like this version too. smilie_pokal.gif
wes
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
The front end of the car doesn't look right.
bandjoey
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 27 2015, 01:51 PM) *

...and I think Donald Trump already owns rights to the color red.

But I'll order one anyway.

Way to GO

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 27 2015, 11:51 AM) *

You are correct ...

Which is why i used this picture of a 914:

Click to view attachment

To create this outline:

Click to view attachment

Which i applied to the badge design:

Click to view attachment

type.gif
7TPorsh
so you changed it from the first image posted?

The ends of the cars should show. Your silhouette is nice but you're not showing it in the badge. Back to the tow truck look again. If not, maybe add the mirror and steering wheel in; doesn't look like a car. Also might as well finish (add) in the middle line for the globe...some should still show on the left side.

And is 914world one word?

G e o r g e
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 27 2015, 01:34 PM) *

The ends of the cars should show. Your silhouette is nice but you're not showing it in the badge. Back to the tow truck look again. If not, maybe add the mirror and steering wheel in; doesn't look like a car. Also might as well finish (add) in the middle line for the globe...some should still show on the left side.

at his point I would let it Die.

Andy and the boys should have just done it behind closed doors to begin with.

there has been way to many options shown,

just produce it and they will be purchased
dlkawashima
How about a front end like this? It's just a gentle continuous curve connecting the two end points. Too bulbous?
Click to view attachment
rmdinmd
Looking forward to when these go into production. smile.gif will never please everyone. biggrin.gif
SirAndy

The first image has an outline that does not match the actual 914 outline. Simple as that. There is no sloping hood when viewed from the side.

The first image looked like the car had a slant nose conversion done.
poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jan 27 2015, 02:00 PM) *
How about a front end like this? It's just a gentle continuous curve connecting the two end points. Too bulbous?

Not a real 914 outline unless you have a shalom kit ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
Your silhouette is nice but you're not showing it in the badge.

Silhouette scaled down to fully show ...
chowtime.gif

DEC
beerchug.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2015, 02:10 PM) *

Not a real 914 outline unless you have a shalom kit ...
shades.gif

Yes, you're right, my shalom kit never did blend well with the car

Click to view attachment

Seriously, I like the look of your new outline but I would try to smooth the transition to the windshield a bit ... keep it from looking crumpled.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jan 27 2015, 01:47 PM) *

Andy and the boys should have just done it behind closed doors to begin with.

Yes, so it seems....

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
nice, beat me to it...bravo
Cuda911
"Silhouette scaled down to fully show ..."

Now you be talkin'!! Looks much, much better.
dlkawashima
To follow up on my last post, I'd like to see a smooth transition from the A-pillar to the body ... something like this:

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jan 27 2015, 02:38 PM) *
Seriously, I like the look of your new outline but I would try to smooth the transition to the windshield a bit ... keep it from looking crumpled.

Smoothed out the lines a bit, cleaned the door sill and windshield to hood area, added black to the triangle window post.
cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

siverson
Nice! I like it!

-Steve
dlkawashima
AWESOME!

I'm all in on this one!
poorsche914
I like the adjustments you have made, SirAndy aktion035.gif
I prefer the end of the silhouette to not show so that it can represent all years.

Would you like the PSD file or are you going to rebuild it?

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 27 2015, 03:52 PM) *

I like the adjustments you have made, SirAndy aktion035.gif
I prefer the end of the silhouette to not show so that it can represent all years.

Would you like the PSD file or are you going to rebuild it?

driving.gif

Send me the PSD please ...
bye1.gif
MartyYeoman
Good work, Andy!!! first.gif
t collins
Looks great! first.gif
jim_hoyland
That came out really nice ! smile.gif smile.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Send me the PSD please ...
bye1.gif

PM sent with link to file

driving.gif
yeahmag
Looks fantastic. Now how do I order one?!?!
CptTripps
Sold!

I need one for the engine lid behind my desk.
scotty b
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 28 2015, 01:27 PM) *

Sold.

agree.gif Let's do this piratenanner.gif

except for the member part hide.gif
76-914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 28 2015, 01:30 PM) *

Sold.

agree.gif Let's do this piratenanner.gif

except for the member part hide.gif

you don't want your member to show? confused24.gif
Mikey914
1st article will be ready Friday.

I'll have pics and production schedule finalized then.
Yeah!
Michael N

Sold!

I need one for the engine lid behind my desk.

Lance Mountain - future primitive ....very nice. aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Can you add our member number as each badge is ordered ?
dlkawashima
I know this is very late in the game to be asking this, but will the badge be able to fit the side grille like the old 914 club badge? Looks like it would have to be about 80mm or less in diameter.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I think they may be a touch too wide to fit on the side, but I will check the fit late tomorrow. As far as customizing and adding member numbers, there's not much I can do from a production side. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure where the number would go?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.