Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club Badges - Design finalized, sign up here for yours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 21 2015, 09:31 PM) *

Okay, maybe I missed something, but we had a clear winner.
So, what exactly happened?

Put down the pain meds and catch up. wacko.gif biggrin.gif

BTW: the design is getting better. I like the swish car better with sir Andy's font choice.
7TPorsh
ok hopefully this is a wrap. The sail panel line made the car look way flat. Changes the trunk curve too so leaving it out. Roof gone and vent triangle present. I think the sail and the vent window are major design elements.

Click to view attachment
stevegm
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 23 2015, 07:40 PM) *

ok hopefully this is a wrap. The sail panel line made the car look way flat. Changes the trunk curve too so leaving it out. Roof gone and vent triangle present. I think the sail and the vent window are major design elements.

Click to view attachment

You've got my vote. Great work. I am not sure why the car lines are red. It districts from the cleanliness of the overalls design. At least to me. But I assume someone has decided that's the best color using the badge medium.
Cuda911
I like this design. "Est. 2006" font has been greatly improved too.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 23 2015, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 23 2015, 07:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You've got my vote. Great work. I am not sure why the car lines are red. It districts from the cleanliness of the overalls design. At least to me. But I assume someone has decided that's the best color using the badge medium.

The guys. Car can be any color. Someone said red. I'll make a black version when I'm back on the PC.
Mike Fitton
What's with all the "gold" the color scheme is terrible! Black and Gold is not used in any current designs I know of.
somd914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 23 2015, 08:22 PM) *

What's with all the "gold" the color scheme is terrible! Black and Gold is not used in any current designs I know of.

And our cars aren't a current design either...

OK, any wagers that this thread will still be alive come summer?
stevegm
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 23 2015, 08:22 PM) *

I don't think the black and gold looks bad (I don't like the red). But good designs should be done without regard for color initially anyway. Then they will look good in any reasonable color (i.e., Nke, Apple, McDonalds logos). Also the colors should really be worked out with the manufacturer. They will have a limited number of colors available and will know which ones work best in that medium. I trust Mark will get the final colors right. As an aside, I would think that we would not want it to be tied to any specific 914 color schemes, per se. Too restricting.
914bub
Not trying to be a jerk but now we're back to nit picking colors, lines, fonts etc. JUST like in the first thread. I even agree with some of the compliments/criticisms but at some point we need to get this project "off jack stands" and move forward. I agree with the previous poster who said SirAndy and the admins need to just pick a design and run with it. We're all looking forward to these and I don't think a minor detail that someone isn't fond of will deter a purchase.

You can please some of the people all the time...... Just not this time
wndsnd
You know, I think we have got to give this guy 7TPorsh a lot of credit for sticking in there and tweaking this thing with all the nit picking.

The process is painful, but I think it is getting better and better.

And as much as we all want a vote, it is Sr. Andy's baby, so when he is happy we will get it done.

How about black and pewter like a German Stein with red and gold highlights?

hide.gif

John
1970 Neun vierzehn
I'd add that the black, red and gold (or yellow as the case may be) references the colors of the German flag. The current iteration is the best yet.

Paul
G e o r g e
Why 2006 when the bottom of this page and others say 2002.

It would be nice to see it in silver, if this does end up in a vote.

As previously stated, what ever is made will be purchased.

And I also commend 7T for his willingness to try everyone's suggestions.
Dave_Darling
I believe 2006 is when 914world.com came into being.

Before that, this was 914club.com . Then there was "The Split", and eventual sale of the latter to George at AA. I think 914club was formed in '02.

--DD
stevegm
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 23 2015, 10:08 PM) *

I'd add that the black, red and gold (or yellow as the case may be) references the colors of the German flag. The current iteration is the best yet.

Paul

I agree. It is a pretty good design. I hadn't considered the colors of the flag. But if you want to represent the flag I really think you have to use the red more heavily, which I wouldn't recommend. Trying to balance the three flag colors in this design (which wasn't designed to be three primary colors from the outset, I don't think) will really complicate it unnecessarily. It's pretty clean right now. I'd try switching the car lines to black, or some other natural color (white, gray, silver, gold, etc.) for consistency, and then Andy and Mark should just run with choosing the best colors with the manufacturer on their own. I am sure it will turn out wonderfully. And we will all be proud to have it. We could argue over coloring for months. And all of our monitors are showing us each different colors, anyway.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 07:38 PM) *

I believe 2006 is when 914world.com came into being.

Before that, this was 914club.com . Then there was "The Split", and eventual sale of the latter to George at AA. I think 914club was formed in '02.

--DD

I know all of that, but every topic since day 1 from back in 2002 is on this site.

Scroll down this page says "since 2002.".

montoya 73 2.0
IBTL.

oh, being a designer means you put up with nit picking and a crap load of changes until the boss says its good. Part of the job!
poorsche914
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 23 2015, 08:30 PM) *

IBTL.

oh, being a designer means you put up with nit picking and a crap load of changes until the boss says its good. Part of the job!

I'm not a designer. This isn't a job. I'm not getting paid. At this point I don't know why I'm doing it. Actually I'm not anymore

Why don't you try?
Mikey914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 23 2015, 09:00 PM) *

Very nice
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 12:00 AM) *

Very well done.
EdwardBlume
Bad ass design first.gif
EdwardBlume
In my old age, I've learned that everybody has a voice and will use it, but the really valuable people are the ones who take action and do it. You can apply that to anything.

Looking forward to putting a World badge on Dad's car.
budk

I'm going to buy one regardless of the final design but I definitely like this one the best.

Simple, clean design with the right mix of colors. Personally, I would remove the years 70 - 76 since I don't see the need for them but I'm cool with it either way.

Great job! piratenanner.gif
stevegm

Are we supposed to be making comments? Or are these designs final? This is a great design. My only comment is to maybe put - 914 WORLD - around the top, and - MEMBER - around the bottom. But it is a very well done design. Awesome job.
budk
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 24 2015, 07:08 AM) *

Are we supposed to be making comments? Or are these designs final? This is a great design. My only comment is to maybe put - 914 WORLD - around the top, and - MEMBER - around the bottom. But it is a very well done design. Awesome job.

Interesting, I like it because it doesn't say member nor does it have the Est. 2006. Personal opinion, less is more. Like I said, I'm in regardless. beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I'm with budk. If you buy one, there is a 99.99 % chance your a member here. Redundant! I also think the individual years made clutters the design and detracts from the clean, simple lines (kinda like a 914). Info not needed.
poorsche914
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(budk @ Jan 24 2015, 09:22 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 24 2015, 07:08 AM) *

Interesting, I like it because it doesn't say member nor does it have the Est. 2006. Personal opinion, less is more. Like I said, I'm in regardless. beerchug.gif

I agree that - EST. 2006 - isn't necessary. But, I still like - MEMBER. And I do think the - 914 and WORLD need to be together. But, like you said - I'm in no matter what.
scotty b
since this design seems to be a hit, how about we select 2-3 of the variations of this design (70-76, "member" etc. ) put these variations to a vote and move forward with this confused24.gif And let's make the poll a straight vote, no commenting allowed rolleyes.gif
jfort
I like it. Let's get it done
wndsnd
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2015, 11:04 AM) *

since this design seems to be a hit, how about we select 2-3 of the variations of this design (70-76, "member" etc. ) put these variations to a vote and move forward with this confused24.gif And let's make the poll a straight vote, no commenting allowed rolleyes.gif

agree.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 23 2015, 09:00 PM) *

Perfect, I would buy one of these. Now let's get it in production!

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Variation with 914WORLD at top and MEMBER at bottom; no years

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 07:20 AM) *

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

914World should be together but other than that, this is by far the best...clean, simple and gives the essence of the 914's shape.

Edit: I meant the image with the full shape at the bottom of the globe and the colors wrapped inside the latitudes.
poorsche914
Ok, after all the variations I tried, this is my favorite.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
7TPorsh
I think this design has the same issue as the first .car doesn't look right.wheelbase is too long.

Also personally I don't like the flag reference becuse this is a world club. Just a German car.

SirAndy
If you add the years back (see below), i think i like this one the best ...
popcorn[1].gif

PS: The one with the full car silhouette just doesn't look right, as mentioned above.

poorsche914
Here ya go, SirAndy...

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 10:16 AM) *
Here ya go, SirAndy...

Beat you to it ... biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 24 2015, 01:17 PM) *
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 10:16 AM) *
Here ya go, SirAndy...
Beat you to it ... biggrin.gif

blink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 24 2015, 01:16 PM) *

Here ya go, SirAndy...

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

FWIW, I concur; the full car was distracting. This is an excellent design.
Cuda911
^^^ I'm in for two of them. Paypal?
76-914
I like this one and the one in post #13. When do we order?
Rleog
Skip the "Member."
theleschyouknow
First off, thanks to all who submitted designs
And I am in for one or two regardless
7T -big hats off to you for all your work I like a lot of your designs
I like the silver and the flag colors so far this is my favorite

[quote name='poorsche914' date='Jan 24 2015, 11:00 AM' post='2137973']
Variation with 914WORLD at top and MEMBER at bottom; no years

Click to view attachment

now where are those nits? ah there they are:
I do like the flag colors following the globe lines but with just the top silhouette
I realize some of the design problems with this but that's my $.02

montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 23 2015, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 23 2015, 08:30 PM) *

IBTL.

I'm not a designer. This isn't a job. I'm not getting paid. At this point I don't know why I'm doing it. Actually I'm not anymore

Why don't you try?

I'm not a graphic designer, i'm a mechanical designer/drafter for interconnect applications. So if thr world needed to move a electric/radio frequency from one place to another, I can do that. If I were a graphic designer I would have entered a design. So I am deligated to the peanut gallery. stirthepot.gif

I agree with Andy on the design.

dlestep
Frankly, I like this one better.
Having member on it, is a killer.
Which is important, 914s or what ?
I bet you have an Apple sticker on your car, and maybe, just maybe, you have Twitter written on both sides of the car.
This is best, in my view.
Click to view attachment
scotty b
This is getting tiring. We can go on and on for years about who likes what and who doesn't. Opinions and assholes. The simple fact is that there will never be ONE design that EVERYONE is in love with, hence the poll option. Majority rules. If someone wants to get their panties in a wad because it does or doesn't have "member", it does or doesn't have the dates, then those someones can simply not buy a badge and have their own perfect design made. After all, we're all men here !!

I'm about to go pull out my Club badges dry.gif

Actually, after some thought. How about dropping "Member " and changing it to " We're all men here "
stevegm
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2015, 07:11 PM) *

This is getting tiring. We can go on and on for years about who likes what and who doesn't. Opinions and assholes. The simple fact is that there will never be ONE design that EVERYONE is in love with, hence the poll option. Majority rules. If someone wants to get their panties in a wad because it does or doesn't have "member", it does or doesn't have the dates, then those someones can simply not buy a badge and have their own perfect design made. After all, we're all men here !!

I'm about to go pull out my Club badges dry.gif

Actually, after some thought. How about dropping "Member " and changing it to " We're all men here "

I concur. The vote is the only thing that will bring this to closure. I'll buy a few no matter how it looks or what it says.
Mikey914
I'll keep it open til the 26th, unless an admin says this is what I want.
I too would like to get this going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.