Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club Badges - Design finalized, sign up here for yours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Mikey914
For those of you that have been awaiting the club badges I apologize. I had hoped this endeavor would be simple process. So far it's been like herding cats.

So,

I'm putting a call out to submit (or resubmit ) all designs as well as having this open to new designs.

Here's the guidelines -

1-All artwork must be your final design.

2-All artwork submitted can be modified to the extent possible to create it. This means that if you have hairlines that are less than 1/16" of an inch may need to increased or modified to keep as true to the design (in our interpretation ) as possible.

3-The usable are is 3" Dia. for the artwork.

4-The background can be silver or gold (gold is $2.50 more).

5- All artwork must be your own. No cutting and pasting, as long as you are creating it, you may be inspired by some elements.

6- All submissions are at the discretion of the of the admins.

7- Again, all artwork is your final complete design. Please submit here in a jpeg so all can see.

8- Artwork selected may be used by World (or its designees ) at Worlds discretion, and rights are transferred to World.
Have fun and let your creativity flow !

************************UPDATE**********************
Final Design:

Click to view attachment
scotty b
Since we've already gone through 2+ months of this to get to the voting point. Wouldn't it just be easiest to eliminate the "issue" designs and stick with the votes we have to move forward rather than start all over, or have a revote without the problematic ones included ? Take the winning designs and THEN get the proper format of the design confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 11 2015, 09:00 AM) *

Since we've already gone through 2+ months of this to get to the voting point. Wouldn't it just be easiest to eliminate the "issue" designs and stick with the votes we have to move forward rather than start all over, or have a revote without the problematic ones included ? Take the winning designs and THEN get the proper format of the design confused24.gif

I would like to get this wrapped up too. It would be easiest to just move to the next. I'm hoping that we may see a few new (and maybe better) designs pop up.

We had worked out the last one and I thought we were ready to go to production, ad the issue of scaling the car differently came up, while I agree, it's not fair to keep changing a design that was voted on.

There was also some issues of IP that I wanted to make clear, so by resubmitting, there are no questions.

Mikey914
Idea of how detail degrades with smaller lines.
This is the 10 city badge and pushes the edge of what looks right.
7TPorsh
OK, biggrin.gif So let's kick this up a notch!

I have a few designs that I have narrowed down to what i think would make nice, simple, vintage looking badges for us. I have kept colors simple and have a few variations based on previous comments on submissions.. Since we are a world entity I have not put in any obvious "flags".

Samples are on "silver" or "gold". Colors represent separated sections (inlaid color). Less colors may mean cheaper.

This first one would look good as a badge...(aside from winning or losing...I can do a cool dash plaque too). A little different...

Click to view attachment

And now for something completely different...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

....and the more traditional badge...with or without the gear edge.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Black and gold #2 circle. Also the horse makes me think Ferrari. #1 top would be a cool window stick on too

beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
IPB Image

hide.gif
7TPorsh
"...may I have some mo'?"

no horse...
Click to view attachment

some from the original style...as suggested...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cuda911
I'm not a fan of mixed fonts. Why use a different front for "914 World" and for "est. 2006"?

{the horseless ones look better, too}
G e o r g e
I still like the all Black on the silver Gear

Click to view attachment

your others are nice , this is better. YMMV
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 19 2015, 09:18 AM) *

"...may I have some mo'?"

no horse...
Click to view attachment

some from the original style...as suggested...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I don't think the windshield will translate well to the medium we are using, but looks good.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jan 19 2015, 02:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like this one
7TPorsh
ok here you are....

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Black on silver, very nice badge...
ndfrigi
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jan 20 2015, 06:43 AM) *

QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jan 19 2015, 02:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like this one

I like it too!
mepstein
Except on a black grill it might not stand out much.
scotty b
I too like the design, BUT am I the only one that thinks the black car kind of disappears with the black background ? Maybe either use the white background, or try changing the cars color to orange or red and leave the black background confused24.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 21 2015, 02:50 PM) *

I too like the design, BUT am I the only one that thinks the black car kind of disappears with the black background ? Maybe either use the white background, or try changing the cars color to orange or red and leave the black background confused24.gif

I'm working on a version where the car is metal; ...not painted.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 21 2015, 04:50 PM) *

agree.gif or get rid of the car all together. It kind of clutters up a nice design.
VaccaRabite
Okay, maybe I missed something, but we had a clear winner.
So, what exactly happened?
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 21 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Red - The proper color for 914's

SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 21 2015, 07:31 PM) *

I gave up on the whole badge thing.

Epic clusterfuck so far and now we're apparently back to using that ugly ass font instead of our logo font ...
barf.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 21 2015, 10:46 PM) *
Epic clusterfuck so far and now we're apparently back to using that ugly ass font instead of our logo font ...
barf.gif

Is the logo font available somewhere?

thanks

driving.gif
VaccaRabite
I am confused. What was wrong with the winning badge? Was there a letter or something along those lines from PCA? What happened?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 21 2015, 07:46 PM) *

barf.gif

Font can be changed. So can colors. Andy just pick or design what you want and have it made. Forget this contest business. Obviously everyone has a different opinion.
Just use the design from the sticker.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 21 2015, 08:05 PM) *

I am confused. What was wrong with the winning badge? Was there a letter or something along those lines from PCA? What happened?

Read last page or 2

I'm sure the Font could be changed to Reflect the "World" better.

I think it should read Member not 2006 on the bottom

and I like the way the black car fades into the badge, Since we don't have the Use of the old silhouette, It becomes more of a detailed outline in my view.

bandjoey
Ditto on the car makes clutter. We know what the car looks like and it's bolted to ... Wait for it ... A 914. Ditch the car. IMHO
JStroud
agree.gif Andy you should pick a few people, maybe admins to help design the badge you want, it's your website. Putting it out to everyone just doesn't seem to work, too many ideas, then asshats pulling their designs because their creative panties are in a bunch. Your right what a cluster f#€k. I say design what you want, keep the petty people out of it.

Sad when one person decides to screw things up for the group, obviously not a team player.....have a history of not making friends lol-2.gif

somd914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 22 2015, 10:38 AM) *

agree.gif Andy you should pick a few people, maybe admins to help design the badge you want, it's your website. Putting it out to everyone just doesn't seem to work, too many ideas, then asshats pulling their designs because their creative panties are in a bunch. Your right what a cluster f#€k. I say design what you want, keep the petty people out of it.

Sad when one person decides to screw things up for the group, obviously not a team player.....have a history of not making friends lol-2.gif

agree.gif

I've been sitting on the sidelines just waiting to buy one - just let me know when they are ready...
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 21 2015, 07:58 PM) *
Is the logo font available somewhere?

The font is called "Groovy Fast" and can be downloaded here:
http://www.914world.com/logo_lib/GroovyFast.ttf

NOTE: Since the W in the font is too slanted, i used an upside down M instead!

Here is a link to the Photoshop file of our new logo:
http://www.914world.com/logo_lib/914WorldLogo.New.2013.psd

type.gif
AvalonFal
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 21 2015, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 21 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Red - The proper color for 914's

agree.gif
7TPorsh
i think I am going to back off in making any more revisions. There are just too many opinions and comments to make this a productive endeavor.

I can change the font, change the color, lose the car graphic, etc...and there will still be more comments in what seems like a never ending teeth pulling session.

Again my vote would be for Andy and the admins to come up with an idea/design- font, colors, whatever...have somebody digitize it and Mikey can make them...no voting, no more comments from the peanut gallery.

It seems there are no other contributors; probably cause it's a losing battle.
stevegm
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 22 2015, 02:37 PM) *

i think I am going to back off in making any more revisions. There are just too many opinions and comments to make this a productive endeavor.

I can change the font, change the color, lose the car graphic, etc...and there will still be more comments in what seems like a never ending teeth pulling session.

Again my vote would be for Andy and the admins to come up with an idea/design- font, colors, whatever...have somebody digitize it and Mikey can make them...no voting, no more comments from the peanut gallery.

It seems there are no other contributors; probably cause it's a losing battle.

I agree. Let one person lead it. Get the opinions of a couple key people (admins) and produce it. Everyone will love it.
stevegm
Or, if you like I will have my graphic artist come up with 3 or 4 designs. Then put them up for a simple vote. Then Mark can produce it. If it is just one artist it cuts down on a lot of stuff. And I'll pay him. So he has no ego to chase with free work. I'll donate the design to 914world and never use it for anything. So ownership isn't an issue. When we have him do a design he always gives us a few designs to choose from anyway. Then we tweak them.

Just an idea.
JStroud
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 22 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Or, if you like I will have my graphic artist come up with 3 or 4 designs. Then put them up for a simple vote. Then Mark can produce it. If it is just one artist it cuts down on a lot of stuff. And I'll pay him. So he has no ego to chase with free work. I'll donate the design to 914world and never use it for anything. So ownership isn't an issue. When we have him do a design he always gives us a few designs to choose from anyway. Then we tweak them.

Just an idea.

Sounds like a great idea beer3.gif except for the voting part...you need a committee to decide, not the whole dysfunctional group

And maybe do it all by email privately, then just announce the end result.
Will keep the process uncluttered with junk.
7TPorsh
Ok, my last submission. Best for last possibly.... I started it so i wanted to finish the idea. Final submission design to be used for the 914World badge. I can offer other products like pins, stickers, mugs, t shirts...if approved of course (don't want to get Rusty too shaken up smile.gif )

The preferred font, one color black on gold, timeline, new red car silhouette, pebble grain black background.

With gear and Member script
Click to view attachment

Without gear, with Member
Click to view attachment

With gear, without Member...maybe Members can get their own engraving
Click to view attachment

Without gear and Member
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 21 2015, 07:46 PM) *

barf.gif

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 22 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Ok, my last submission.

The kerning is too large on your flipped M ...
type.gif
Mikey914
All I want is a badge fro the club, something we all like. We may not be 100% in agreement, but should represent us. I had really hoped it sould be would be a straight forward endeavor, the issue with the last badge was the artwork, and potential modifications that could be made after that significantly change the look of the badge.

This is the reason we had to start over. I realize this lost a lot of momentum, but I really don't care who does it, as long as we all get something we like.
Dave_Darling
Could we lose the side window outline? It looks quite out of place in the silhouette.

--DD
Big Len
I may not win many friends with this, but following this badge thread, I can’t remember how long it’s been that I’ve seen so many good men acting like old women.

How many members do you really think will refuse to buy a badge because of the font or because the black car fades into the background or the way the axis of the Earth is skewed or it won't stand out enough? Are you kidding?

We are men and this is embarrassing.

For the love of God, they're all good so just pick something and go with it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jan 23 2015, 09:28 AM) *

No, it is not.

This badge will represent 914World and i have every intention to either make a quality product or not make a badge at all.

Attention to detail and a desire for quality is not a weakness!

You should try it some day ...
poke.gif

PS: And what's with the stupid "We are men" bullshit?
confused24.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 09:00 AM) *

Could we lose the side window outline? It looks quite out of place in the silhouette.

--DD

I kinda like it there. Shows the targa bar and the vent window. Without it the silhouette looks like a hardtop...too generic.

7TPorsh
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2015, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 22 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Ok, my last submission.

The kerning is too large on your flipped M ...
type.gif

Large kernings on flipped M's have always been an issue for me. I'll fix that before I spin a bearing... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 12:00 PM) *

--DD

I agree. With the window there alone, it is out of place. Sillouettes of the 914 are hard (I have been trying to do them (often unsuccessfully) for almost 30 years). But, I think it is a lot better without the window.

I haven't paid much attention to the badge designs until the past couple of days. Maybe I can make some fresh comments:

I really like this design (post #36), 7TPorsh. Great work. One of the best I have seen. I like the gear, and with the word - MEMBER - inside the car. I think you should consider making the Est., all caps - EST. Also lower case fonts won't translate well when the thing is printed, etc. Finally, I think the order of the years is odd. If you want it to go up, down, up, down, then the - 1970 - needs to be moved up so it can start the sequence. Right now it looks like 1971 starts it. If you switch it to no up down, then - 1970 - still needs to be moved up. Either way, 1970 needs to start it out, and be on the top line.

BTW - great integration of the globe. It magically just flows in and becomes the defining element of that inner circle. Great job.

Just my .02
malcolm2
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 11:00 AM) *

--DD

Or take the roof off, then the window would be the silhouette.
stevegm
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jan 23 2015, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 11:00 AM) *

--DD

Or take the roof off, then the window would be the silhouette.

Great idea. I would try taking the roof off, AND remove the lower horizontal line that is the top of the door. Just let the two lines sorta disappear as they move down. Or make the horizontal line longer so it extends to the front fender and back so it defines the top of the quarter panel under the sail panel. That may be the best idea, and not include the roof so the targa is accentuated. Also, the lines are going to be red?

I know my edits are crude. They are just for illustration. But, here is what I am trying to say above with respect to the car.
stevegm
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 23 2015, 01:01 PM) *

No, it is not.

This badge will represent 914World and i have every intention to either make a quality product or not make a badge at all.

poke.gif

confused24.gif

+1
wes
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 23 2015, 10:01 AM) *

No, it is not.

poke.gif

confused24.gif

agree.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 23 2015, 10:48 AM) *
I know my edits are crude. They are just for illustration. But, here is what I am trying to say above with respect to the car.

That works a lot better in my eye! It also shows the silhouette both with the top on and with it off, which is kind of a key feature of our cars. smile.gif

Excellent work, sir!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.