Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Spring Fling Drive/Rally & Friday Evening Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
saigon71
Thanks to Steve & Zach for helping me work through the logistics. beerchug.gif

I called Steve Limbert of Aircooled Racing this morning to invite him on the drive. He's tied up getting ready for Hershey. He may be able to meet us for dinner though.

somd914
Drive looks nice. Thanks in advance to all who have been working to make this a great event! beerchug.gif
stevegm
Steve Limbert from Air Cooled Racing will be joining us for dinner at Funcks. I had originally invited both he and John Forbes so we could swap racing stories. But, John can't make it. Steve owns the first 914 imported in the U.S. I believe, as well as the first 914-6 GT. It should be fun.
r_towle
6 of us will be attending the dinner at Funks.

wndsnd and wife
Gandalf and wife
R_towle and son.

We are heading down friday morning, probably stop in and visit Foley....then a few other stops along the way....but we should be at the dinner.

Rich
db9146
Finally worked things out so I plan on joining everyone for dinner as well but will be coming in by myself. Booked a room at the Knight's Inn just yesterday.

I'll try to get to the restaurant about 6:00 to help hold the fort since I won't make it up in time for the drive.
pvollma
When I signed up for the tour, I didn't think the wife and I could make the dinner, but now we can, so that's two more for dinner.
MMW
My son & I should get to Hershey about 1pm & plan on going to the museum then over to Funcks. Staying at Knights inn also.
stevegm
I am happy to see so many people coming to dinner Friday evening. Everyone is welcome. It will be a lot of fun. If you aren't going on the drive in the afternoon, you might want to try to get to the restaurant around 6 pm when we arrive back from the drive.

The restaurant says they have plenty of room for us all (I told them we would have 40 or 50 people). But, they did stress that the closer to 6 pm that we arrive, the better it is for sitting us all together. As it approaches 7 pm and on, they said it will become increasingly difficult to seat us together if we aren't already there. They have a live band at 9 pm, and apparently it gets busy leading up to that.
ejm
I'll be at Funcks for dinner Friday and will staying at the Knights.
Big Len
So we have 11 cars attending the rally?
914itis
I will be attending the rally with my teener.
6 cyl 2.0 conversion with flares , Phoenix red
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 15 2015, 08:15 PM) *

So we have 11 cars attending the rally?

I think I am showing about 21 cars, IIRC. I haven't counted in a while. Some of them may have posted that they aren't able to attend.
914itis
11 May be the right number.
stevegm
I picked up the shirts. We are rolling them now.
GaroldShaffer
Truck & trailer are loaded, hope I'm not over the legal weight limit for the road. biggrin.gif Heading out tomorrow morning should be at the Knights Inn between 6 - 7pm ish. Really looking forward seeing everyone. beerchug.gif
Big Len
Shirts look fantastic.
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 15 2015, 09:27 PM) *

Shirts look fantastic.

Thanks. I think they came out nice. I have about 15 or 20 extras if anyone wants one that didn't order. It didn't make sense to order less than 40 or 48. So, I took the chance. I suspect a few people there will need one. If you PM me, NOTE: I think this brand shirt runs a little small. Or, it might be me running a little large. idk. Just something to keep in mind in choosing your size.
r_towle
2 xls for the Towles please, at dinner.
914itis
Pm sent for one.
Mike Walsh
It looks like I'll be in Hershey before you guys meet at the museum. I won't be driving my 914 though. Would it be okay to drive along in an Audi?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mike Walsh @ Apr 15 2015, 09:00 PM) *

It looks like I'll be in Hershey before you guys meet at the museum. I won't be driving my 914 though. Would it be okay to drive along in an Audi?

Of course it is.
somd914
Nice shirts Steve!

As for car count, my son is bringing my teener, I'm bringing the Carrera - Garold and Brad are planning on riding with us, thus it was a good excuse to get both cars up to Hershey.
stevegm
QUOTE(Mike Walsh @ Apr 15 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Definitely.
Mike Walsh
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 15 2015, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Walsh @ Apr 15 2015, 09:00 PM) *

Of course it is.

Then I'll be there. I've been to the swap meet several times in the past but have never known or met up with a group before. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Mike
db9146
I didn't make the cut-off for ordering a shirt so if you have an XL let over, I'll take it........
Zippy69
I would like 1 XXL & 1 XL at dinner.

Paul
stevegm
QUOTE(Zippy69 @ Apr 16 2015, 09:35 AM) *

I would like 1 XXL & 1 XL at dinner.

Paul

Got it.
zymurgist
I'll take a 2XL if any are left.

Won't be able to make the drive, but I'll be there for dinner.
bozo914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 20 2015, 07:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 19 2015, 09:59 PM) *

I talked to Tony on Friday and got assurances that my car would be ready to be driven by Hershey. SOOOOOOO looking forward to that!

Zach

Zach - you have a 914?

hide.gif

Zach has several toys. Life just won't let him play with them. Sorry to hear the Squirt-less Wonder won't be making it.
saigon71
I've got some business to handle in the morning, but I'll meet you all at the museum at 1PM...hopefully earlier. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Im probably out. Need to see a few locals I have not seen in a while and my valves need to be readjusted. That may take a while. Obviously y'all wont be waiting up smile.gif
Tedman5
Late entry! Since the weather is clearing, and this my neighborhood and sponsoring region, I will be attending today.
Any extra shirts available by chance. This is gonna be great!
stevegm
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Apr 17 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Late entry! Since the weather is clearing, and this my neighborhood and sponsoring region, I will be attending today.
Any extra shirts available by chance. This is gonna be great!

Happy to have you. I've got some extra shirts. See you there. Can't wait.
Big Len
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Big Len
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Big Len
You look too cool here Joe.
Funny how it doesn't look you're moving at all.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Dr Evil
Joe is cool smile.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 20 2015, 07:25 AM) *

This ENTIRE room is 914 people. :-)
stevegm
Thank you to everyone who helped make the Mid-Engine Invasion events in Hershey this past weekend possible. It was a great weekend, and the 914 camaraderie (and weather) was perfect.

We had about 14 914s, a couple 911s, and a couple other cars join in the fun drive that Bob (saigon71) organized on Friday. Riding through the Pennsylvania countryside was great motivation to get my car done for next year's event. In addition, we had about 55 people at the dinner Friday night. It was also great to see 914 legend Steve Limbert, as well as all of the 914 enthusiasts.

I can't wait until next year.

Thanks,
Steve
Tedman5
Click to view attachment
Tedman5
Click to view attachment
saigon71
Great to see familiar faces and meet new folks as well. I'm completely impressed with the growth of the 914 community at Hershey over the past seven years...its awesome!

It was a great weekend. Thanks to everyone for being a part of it. A special thanks to Steve for taking the lead planning and organizing dinner and Mark for handling the vendor spaces.

Catch you all at the next event! beerchug.gif
scotty b
Don't bother watching past 2:30. Seriously. I would advise strongly against fast forwarding to 2:30 and watching the end. It's really nothing worth looking at after 2:30, so just watch up until 2:30 then stop watching Set to 1080 full screen and crank up the volume....but not past 2:30 unsure.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDivqfFmFXE
Big Len
Thanks for reminding me of that festering stench, Scotty.

Forgot to ask:

Bob, I missed listening to your stereo.

I didn't notice any LED tailights on the rally. Did anybody have them?
MDG
mellow.gif
r_towle
Fun living is the life for me
scotty b
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 21 2015, 04:35 PM) *

Thanks for reminding me of that festering stench, Scotty.

Forgot to ask:

Bob, I missed listening to your stereo.

I think Ken has them on Babydoll confused24.gif
pvollma
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 21 2015, 08:35 PM) *

I have LED bulbs in my brake lights, and two LED strips installed in the center PORSCHE lens that come on with the brake lights as a third light. I was in the black 76 2.0.
shag
Hello Gentlemen, My online name is Shag, my real name is John. I own a 1973 914 2.0. I used to own a 1972 914 but that was in 1973. I recently purchased this car and love it even more than the last one. Neverthtless I was searching for people who have similar vehicles and joined the Central PA Porsche Club who had the big show in Hershey that you all went to. I just found out that you guys had your meetings and a drive etc. that I would like to join next time. My problem is learning how to work this computer and getting info posted with this orginization. My home is in Mount Wolf PA and I met a few of the guys at Hershey this past weekend and would like to be informed if you all have any "car runs" or anything like that coming up.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Just spend some time here and you will see all of the events and where they will be. This is a very friendly group and we all have one thing in common, at least, we all love the 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.