Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Spring Fling Drive/Rally & Friday Evening Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rgolia
count me in for the dinner too. beer.gif
Dr Evil
Silver Dollar Saloon over at the bowling alley, Len.

I see our only problem is our numbers. The one year I booked us the conference room at the Silver Dollar and we had them cater. It was nice. Since then, no one has really taken over the lead. One tried...we ended up at Red Robin. Places will be packed. ABC will be packed, no idea about Troegs as they were set up after I moved. It looks small from the outside, but it is off the beaten track compared to all of the other places. There is the Grand China Buffet down from Underdogs wink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 5 2015, 09:33 AM) *

I see our only problem is our numbers. The one year I booked us the conference room at the Silver Dollar and we had them cater. It was nice. Since then, no one has really taken over the lead. One tried...we ended up at Red Robin. Places will be packed. ABC will be packed, no idea about Troegs as they were set up after I moved. It looks small from the outside, but it is off the beaten track compared to all of the other places. There is the Grand China Buffet down from Underdogs wink.gif

I don't mind taking the lead and handling the details. But, I would like a little feedback on what everyone wants. So that I make sure we set something up that meets your expectations. As I see it we have three options:

1. Go to a restaurant similar to Underdogs and use their general dining room/bar. Everyone orders their own food/drinks.
2. Go to a general restaurant and use a room that is separate from the regular dining room. Everyone orders their own food/drinks. Probably a better choice then #1.
3. Find a separate room and cater it. This would require that each person pitch a little in on food and drinks.

What is your preference?
Big Len
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 5 2015, 09:49 AM) *

I don't mind taking the lead and handling the details. But, I would like a little feedback on what everyone wants. So that I make sure we set something up that meets your expectations. As I see it we have three options:

1. Go to a restaurant similar to Underdogs and use their general dining room/bar. Everyone orders their own food/drinks.
2. Go to a general restaurant and use a room that is separate from the regular dining room. Everyone orders their own food/drinks. Probably a better choice then #1.
3. Find a separate room and cater it. This would require that each person pitch a little in on food and drink. Easily done as well.

What is your preference?

That's it Evil, you're right.

1 or 2 seems fine to me.

Was thinking about that place near the hotel because it's walking distance, at least for the people who are staying there and want to have a few drinks. Are most people who are going on the rally staying at the hotel?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 5 2015, 08:49 AM) *

3. Find a separate room and cater it. This would require that each person pitch a little in on food and drinks.

What is your preference?

#1 & #2 work for me, but I am open to whatever makes it easy for you. Oh and thank you for taking the lead on this. beerchug.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 5 2015, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 5 2015, 08:49 AM) *

What is your preference?

#1 & #2 work for me, but I am open to whatever makes it easy for you. Oh and thank you for taking the lead on this. beerchug.gif

agree.gif We'll leave it to you Steve. Looks like you're doing a great job.

BTW...With more snow today, this can't come fast enough
Dr Evil
I am down for whatever. I just want food, beer, friends (y'all will have to do, I guess).
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 19 2015, 09:59 PM) *

I talked to Tony on Friday and got assurances that my car would be ready to be driven by Hershey. SOOOOOOO looking forward to that!

Zach

that is awesome news Zach.
Dr Evil
Ya....we will see. I hope.
bozo914
Not sure if Jeff is coming up with me or not so...
1. Have reservations about er... at Knights Inn....
2. Hope to be there in time for the afternoon drive. Really wanted to do the museum too, but didn't want 3 nights @ the Knights....
3. Size 2XL on the shirt, or "Phat Daddy" or however the sizes run....
4. At least 1 for dinner. As long as the food ain't spoiled, the beers cold and the dishes are relatively clean, I'm in....

Thanks for your efforts setting this all UP!

Am making "914" out of painters tape to stick on whatever I drive up, so I won't stand out on the Friday drive. That'll work, right? beer3.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 1 2015, 09:20 AM) *

Reservation made at the Notell Motel. Hopefully the adjacent room will have a less um, energetic couple than last year... sheeplove.gif

Looks like I'll be dragging La Vieja along, we'll do the drive, and dinner, wherever it is. Thanks.

Nepal orange. Hope the weather's a bit better in 6 weeks

Oh, 1XL, 1L

I think the energetic couple is a regular at the Knights Inn that weekend, as I had the same experience three years ago. My TV wouldn't go loud enough to cover the noise!

saigon71
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 5 2015, 10:49 AM) *

What is your preference?

Thanks for taking the lead Steve. I am cool with whatever the group decides. I've been in Troegs. They have a separate room off to the side that would be enough space for our group.

There are two problems I see with Troegs:

1. Parking - their lot is small. However, there is a strip mall next door - I just parked there and walked over.

2. Its not walking distance from the Knights Inn for those who want to imbibe.
somd914
QUOTE(bozo914 @ Mar 5 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Am making "914" out of painters tape to stick on whatever I drive up, so I won't stand out on the Friday drive. That'll work, right? beer3.gif

Putting it up on jack stands in the parking lot would work also,.. biggrin.gif
scotty b
I'm just going to hang out ion the SHEETZ parking lot with a Shmurger, a bag of Smhries and a case of Coors light to ply Eric with. Whoever wants to hang out come on by rolleyes.gif
VaccaRabite
If we are talking Saturday night, pizza in the Inn parking lot. Maybe get Don to bring Ribs.

If Friday, Hoffbrauhaus is pretty awesome, and they can handle the crowd post drive. But it is a good 40 minutes away from Hershey - keep in mind of drinking...

Zach
stevegm
I spoke with Troegs today. They have two rooms: one small and one large. The small room will hold 50 people, and is $250. Pulling ideas together. We will have it nailed down in the next week.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 6 2015, 07:30 PM) *

I spoke with Troegs today. They have two rooms: one small and one large. The small room will hold 50 people, and is $250. Pulling ideas together. We will have it nailed down in the next week.

Friday night or Saturday? What are we talking about?
Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 6 2015, 04:55 PM) *

Zach

Keep up Sach. slap.gif Friday after the drive. The whole problem came about when Steve found U-dogs was down.
stevegm
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 6 2015, 07:55 PM) *

Zach

Friday night, after the drive.
stevegm
We are less than a month out. If you haven't indicated whether you are coming to the Friday afternoon drive, and/or dinner Friday evening, please post here so we can get a head count.
MMW
Where is dinner Friday night? Troegs?
wilchek
I have been to Troegs a couple of times. It is good food and a good atmosphere. Parking lot sucks but they have guys there that may be able to help if you are getting the reserved room. If you buy a room they may reserve some parking. If you don't get a room they have big family style tables and a lot of standing areas. If you get there by 445-5 ish you should be able to get something. If you dont want to pay for a room there is a public eating area off the walking tour that you should be able to get and that would work. Most people don't hang there because it is away from the main seating area and has a fair amount of space with tables that can be combined. Food is counter service. It is listed as a snack bar but is a full menu. Most likely some Pennsylvania law issue. Recommend the brisket sandwich and popcorn with mad elf or troegenator.

http://www.troegs.com/tasting_room_general...k_bar_menu.aspx
GaroldShaffer
Please add me & Brad Mayeur to your list. Shirt sizes are 2XL & Large.

Thanks beerchug.gif
r_towle
there is a small group coming from the Masshole squad.

4-6 of us that I know of
Please post where the dinner/drinks will be on Friday.

We may not make it, might be late due to work, but we will try.

rich
AndyB
I won't be doing the drive, but if the dinner is within walking/ stumbling distance from our 5 star resort I am in. Or a designated driver. drunk.gif
CptTripps
I'm in for dinner. MAY have a 2nd person with me...not sure though.
Nozzle
Please mark me down as two for dinner. May be a little late but will do our best. Shirt sizes: one large and one extra large. biggrin.gif
type47
I've just had a huge medical setback and all my plans for Hershey are flushed so no drive, no dinner Have Fun!
stevegm
We are trying to nail this down. Accommodating 40 or 50 people (which seems like the number) isn't easy for restaurants, apparently. We have spoken with at least 8 or 10, and haven't found many that can do it.

I think this is the best choice - http://www.funcks.com/

And it is only 1.7 miles from the Knights Inn.

Comments?
balljoint
Only 1.7 miles!!! That's staggering distance! Perfect.

Stagger stagger crawl crawl.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 24 2015, 10:19 PM) *

We are trying to nail this down. Accommodating 40 or 50 people (which seems like the number) isn't easy for restaurants, apparently. We have spoken with at least 8 or 10, and haven't found many that can do it.

Comments?

works for me beerchug.gif
somd914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 24 2015, 11:19 PM) *

Comments?

Only 56 beers on tap!? Let the fun begin... beer3.gif
Porschef
Sounds Funcky. beer.gif Add 2 please, thanks.
AndyB
QUOTE(balljoint @ Mar 24 2015, 11:21 PM) *

Only 1.7 miles!!! That's staggering distance! Perfect.

Stagger stagger crawl crawl.

piratenanner.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif beer.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(somd914 @ Mar 25 2015, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 24 2015, 11:19 PM) *

Comments?

Only 56 beers on tap!? Let the fun begin... beer3.gif

Yep. Food, beer, they say they have parking. Seems to work.
MMW
I'm probably in for two people at dinner depending on what time everyone expects to get there?

I don't plan on making the cruise.
stevegm
Funcks it is.
stevegm
Preliminary design of the Spring Fling shirt. The design goes on the front of the shirt. What do you think? I'm not real big on the guy in the car. But, maybe that is just me. And the dash shape is wrong. That will need to be corrected.
stevegm
QUOTE(MMW @ Mar 25 2015, 09:00 PM) *

I'm probably in for two people at dinner depending on what time everyone expects to get there?

I don't plan on making the cruise.

I added you to the list. We expect to get the restaurant at about 6:30 pm. Hope you can make it.
Big Len
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 27 2015, 08:44 AM) *

Preliminary design of the Spring Fling shirt. The design goes on the front of the shirt. What do you think? I'm not real big on the guy in the car. But, maybe that is just me. And the dash shape is wrong. That will need to be corrected.

I like it Steve.
r_towle
I am not sure how many years this has been happening, but I believe the first one was Named Mid Engine Invasion.

Seems a shame to change the name for whatever reason.
It should be mid engine invasion 2015....
Might be the fifth anniversary, honestly cannot remember what year we started this.

steve, please do not Change the name, it is what it is.
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 27 2015, 11:02 PM) *

I am not sure how many years this has been happening, but I believe the first one was Named Mid Engine Invasion.

Seems a shame to change the name for whatever reason.
It should be mid engine invasion 2015....
Might be the fifth anniversary, honestly cannot remember what year we started this.

steve, please do not Change the name, it is what it is.

I didn't know that when we chose this name. Was that the drive that Zach did?
r_towle
We arranged the first mid engine invasion years ago....
Let me search
r_towle
Looks like 2009, and it has happened every year since.

Knight in knows the routine.
Gas can come out every year..

It's a tradition to invade hershey to prove that the 914 is a real porsche.....or at least show up with enough to make the right statement.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=92532&hl=
mepstein

sad.gif sorry, not a fan of this design. Too ricey.
Ian Stott
Due to the weather in Atlantic Canada this winter which has broken all kinds of records, the teener won't be on the road til early May and only if all the road salt is washed away by a few good days of rain. Please adjust your dinner stats, was looking forward to this, bummed that I won't be there, hopefully next years weather will allow a trip to Hershey. Kudo's to people who step up and organize these things, I know what a chore it can be at times. I served as the New Brunswick, Canada, PCA rep for 4 years and just trying to get accurate numbers of attendees for lunch can be a challenge, doing the recce' was fun though!
Looking forward to seeing lots of pic's!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2015, 10:23 PM) *

I really like it.
Though I prefer MidEngine Invasion - its not my show this year (happily!) and will run with whatever name is used.
The fact that folks have picked this up really makes me happy.
Zach
stevegm
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 28 2015, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2015, 10:23 PM) *

I really like it.
Though I prefer MidEngine Invasion - its not my show this year (happily!) and will run with whatever name is used.
The fact that folks have picked this up really makes me happy.
Zach

I agree with r_towle. If there is a tradition it should be kept.

The Spring Fling name was really just for the Friday drive. I think the drive was called the Gettysburg Fun Run last time? It wasn't our intention to change the name of the event. In fact, I didn't even know about the Mid-Engine Invasion until after we chose this name for the drive. None-the-less, I went through the old threads and it looks like the event was really cool. I think we should keep the name for the invasion in general. If it is agreeable, I'd like to add the mid engine invasion to the shirt, and make it more clear that the Spring Fling is just the Friday drive (a small part of what is going on over the weekend).
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2015, 11:23 PM) *

I agree Mark. It is a little too racey (for a fun run). But, you get going down a path with a design and unless you start over completely, it is hard to change directions. I considered deleting the driver entirely. I don't like him :-) Suggestions?

I have suggested that, since the overall weekend event was called the Mid-Engine Invasion, we move the - Spring Fling logo down to the bottom and make it smaller. Then put - Mid-Engine Invasion across the top (the Spring Fling is just the Friday drive). I think we need to keep the Mid-Engine Invasion name for the overall weekend event, since there is a tradition there. And, it is a cool name. :-)
stevegm
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 28 2015, 06:26 AM) *

Due to the weather in Atlantic Canada this winter which has broken all kinds of records, the teener won't be on the road til early May and only if all the road salt is washed away by a few good days of rain. Please adjust your dinner stats, was looking forward to this, bummed that I won't be there, hopefully next years weather will allow a trip to Hershey. Kudo's to people who step up and organize these things, I know what a chore it can be at times. I served as the New Brunswick, Canada, PCA rep for 4 years and just trying to get accurate numbers of attendees for lunch can be a challenge, doing the recce' was fun though!
Looking forward to seeing lots of pic's!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Bummer. Wish you could make it. I keep missing events that I had hoped to take my car too, as well. I know how you feel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.