Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Spring Fling Drive/Rally & Friday Evening Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
stevegm
EVENT DETAILS:
WHAT: Spring Fling Fun Drive (an afternoon in the covered-bridge country of PA)
WHERE: Starts at 1 pm at the AACA Museum (http://www.aacamuseum.org) - AACA Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
WHEN: Starts at 1pm, Friday, April 17, 2015. Ends at approximately 6:00 pm at: Funcks Restaurant (http://www.funcks.com), 664 W Main St, Palmyra, PA 17078

___

EVENT SHIRTS:
We are doing the event t-shirts to order (i.e., we are only ordering the specific number of shirts prepurchased). We will deliver them at the drive/dinner on Friday in Hershey. If you are not going to the drive/dinner we will be at the swap meet on Saturday. Or we can mail it to you (please include an additional $5.00 if you want it mailed).

We will take t-shirt order until Monday, April 6, 2015. Then we will close the group buy and order them.

To order a shirt please send paypal to - savethe914@gmail.com
$15.00. Please specify that it is for a Mid-Engine Invasion t-shirt, as well as your 914world screen name, full name, and size (S, M, L, XL, or XXL). NOTE: These shirts seem to run a little small. Please take that into account when choosing your size.

___

The Mid-Engine Invasion VII is right around the corner. The Spring Fling Fun Drive will be an afternoon drive/rally starting at the AACA Museum (http://www.aacamuseum.org) at 1 pm (there is a great Lotus exhibit at the museum that you can visit in the morning). We will spend the afternoon driving some of the most beautiful roads in the region.

The route includes scenic driving roads, covered bridges, sightseeing, and some great stops along the way with games and a couple contests to see who the 914 experts are; not to mention an afternoon and evening with great 914 friends. The drive will end at Funck's Restaruant for wings and more fun (http://www.funcks.com).

Sponsor donations are welcome. We want everyone included in the drive. Drive, push, pull, trailer your 914. And if your building a car to take to Hershey, post about it here. We'd love to hear about it. No 914? Join us anyway. It's about the people. The cars are just the glue.
struckn
I'm in for sure. Thanks guys for putting this together, it's going to be a great day/Weekend in Hershey.

Doug

driving.gif ' 74 914
stevegm
QUOTE(struckn @ Jan 14 2015, 09:27 PM) *

I'm in for sure. Thanks guys for putting this together, it's going to be a great day/Weekend in Hershey.

Doug

driving.gif

Cool. What will you be driving?
mepstein
I'm there. Thanks Steve driving.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2015, 09:54 PM) *

I'm in and Steve I got the A arm mounts from another member. Thanks for the offer
stevegm
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 14 2015, 11:57 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2015, 09:54 PM) *

I'm in and Steve I got the A arm mounts from another member. Thanks for the offer

Ok. Glad you got them.
rgolia
I am in and I will be driving my saturn yellow 74 914 2.0. I assume we staying at the knights inn. I will bring some of my wine for sharing.
saigon71
Count me in. Should be driving an oil leak free 74 Zambezi 2.0 D-jet.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Dr Evil
I am off starting April 16 for this! I am so in. Gonna be good to see some more 914 faces. I found a guy local in this tiny town that just scored and LE. Small world.
type47
I would like to join the fun in my 73 Phoenix Red CIS project. Back up is trusty 74 white 1.8
Big Len
Excluding any emergencies that may pop up, we will be attending. I have to make reservations at the Knight's Inn soon. I want the room with the bug again.

74 Guards Red 1.8
cantley914
I'm in
I don't believe the teener will be ready yet, (again)
idea.gif
VaccaRabite
I talked to Tony on Friday and got assurances that my car would be ready to be driven by Hershey. SOOOOOOO looking forward to that!

Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 19 2015, 09:59 PM) *

I talked to Tony on Friday and got assurances that my car would be ready to be driven by Hershey. SOOOOOOO looking forward to that!

Zach

Zach - you have a 914?

hide.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 19 2015, 10:59 PM) *

Zach

Excellent. All three green 914's of Central PA will all be there! beerchug.gif
struckn
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 20 2015, 05:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 19 2015, 10:59 PM) *

Zach

Excellent. All three green 914's of Central PA will all be there! beerchug.gif

Amazing....Boy Zach you must have pull with Tony, you're getting it done fast!

Actually I'm glad you're letting him finish it for you. I'm sure you're going to love it and we wont have to wait another 2 years to see it.

piratenanner.gif driving.gif

Doug
Big Len
Anybody doing the AX on Sunday?
okieflyr
I'm in. Knight's Paradise motel reservation made too...
I'll represent the much driven yellow 914 conversion class shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
Making room reservation in the morning. I will have Brad Mayeur with me. We would be looking for two open seats to ride along with since I will have the big truck & trailer setup? If needed I guess I could unhook the trailer and take the truck, but would much rather ride along in a 914 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pray.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 26 2015, 10:40 PM) *

Making room reservation in the morning. I will have Brad Mayeur with me. We would be looking for two open seats to ride along with since I will have the big truck & trailer setup? If needed I guess I could unhook the trailer and take the truck, but would much rather ride along in a 914 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pray.gif

I'm sure there will be room with somebody. I am not sure what car I'm bringing. Restoration is going slower than expected (as if I should be surprised). But I might have room.
mepstein
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 26 2015, 10:40 PM) *

I will have an extra seat. Your welcome to share the ride. driving.gif
stevegm
We are working on a head count so we can do some shirts for the Hershey Spring Fling. Can you post your shirt size when you post that your joining the Friday drive. So we can get an idea of how many to do in each size. I'll post the design soon.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2015, 08:13 PM) *

We are working on a head count so we can do some shirts for the Hershey Spring Fling. Can you post your shirt size when you post that your joining the Friday drive. So we can get an idea of how many to do in each size.

I'll be there. I'll buy one. I'm a large. Thanks
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2015, 07:13 PM) *

We are working on a head count so we can do some shirts for the Hershey Spring Fling. Can you post your shirt size when you post that your joining the Friday drive. So we can get an idea of how many to do in each size.

I will be there. Shirt size is 2XL
Dr Evil
2XL and plan to attend in a 914 that runs.....unlike Zach poke.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 27 2015, 08:46 PM) *

2XL and plan to attend in a 914 that runs.....unlike Zach poke.gif

slap.gif

sad2.gif
Big Len
1 -LG, 1-M.

Hard to believe it's 5 weeks away.
pvollma
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2015, 09:13 PM) *

We are working on a head count so we can do some shirts for the Hershey Spring Fling. Can you post your shirt size when you post that your joining the Friday drive. So we can get an idea of how many to do in each size. I'll post the design soon.

The wife and I are planning to attend. 2 - XL T-shirts
type47
1 L shirt please
planning on/hope to participate in the drive and dinner
plas76targa
I'll be there 914 or not. Event is approaching fast. Five weeks? count me in for the drive, and dinner. Shirt=large. Thx
Ian Stott
I will be attending, based on the weather! If we still have salt/brine on the roads then teener stays in the garage til a few good days of rain to wash it away. Have to liase with Chris Foley from Tangerine Racing as he needs to tweak the D-Jet a bit. Dr Evil, my tranny works great and it is nice to know all is well inside, had a really good time at your clinic.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
stevegm
Traditionally, everybody goes to Underdogs , in Harrisburg, for dinner Friday night. I was working on reservations. Apparently, due to a fire, Underdogs is closed. I'm working on finding a different place. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

We need a head count for the restaurant, shirts, etc. if you can post this info it will help (I don't want to open another thread just to do a poll):

1. Doing the Friday drive?
2. Number of people for dinner?
3. Shirt size(s)
scotty b
WTF.gif that sucks sad.gif

I'll be there. Probably in one of those front engine water cooled 914's unsure.gif
stevegm
I have invited Steve Limbert to dinner Friday night. He owns Air-Cooled Racing (http://aircooledracing.com) in Wellsville, PA. He also owns the 1st 914 brought into the US, as well as the 1st 914-6 GT. I also hope John Forbes, from Black Forest Racing (http://blackforestracing.com), will join us for dinner. Between the two of them, the racing stories should be great.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 28 2015, 08:51 AM) *

I have invited Steve Limbert to dinner Friday night. He owns Air-Cooled Racing in Wellsville, PA. He also owns the 1st 914 brought into the US, as well as the 1st 914-6 GT. I also hope John Forbes, from Black Forest Racing, will join us for dinner. Between the two of them, the racing stories should be great.

That's awesome. I'm staying for dinner. Steve is a great guy. His shop is tucked out of the way but he does some neat stuff there. Last time I was there he showed me his 914-6 tucked away for a future resto. He also makes some cool parts for our cars.
somd914
Count me in - been wanting to join you guys for the last few years - been making to the swap meet but not for the festivities.

Should be in be my '73(2056, carbs) , but if not I'll bring the '84 Carrera, perhaps both if my son(s) tag along for the Friday events or just come up Saturday.

Obviously my plans are up in the air, but for now please put me down for a L and M shirt and two for dinner.

Speaking of which the Appalachian Brewing Company or Troegs are always good if you are still looking for an alternative to Underdogs

Looking forward to the fun!
struckn
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2015, 05:13 PM) *

Steve,
My Shirt size is XL.
I'm already listed for joining the Friday Spring Fling.
I will be coming in my 914 and yes interested in doing dinner.

Thanks!

beerchug.gif
cantley914
My room is booked, car not ready(again) but improving! Coming down with my lovely wife again. Sad to hear about Underdog. I'm still in for the the drive & dinner. For the shirts, I would take 2, one large & one medium.

Steph grouphug.gif driving.gif
Big Len
2 for dinner, Steve.
plas76targa
I forgot to say I'll participate in the Friday drive and dinner (where ever). I look forward to seeing you all soon! Oh yeah, shirt size large, just one please
scotty b
Hofbrauhaus for dinner ? confused24.gif

http://www.germanfoodinpa.com/menu.asp
stevegm
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 28 2015, 06:49 PM) *

Ya, that is what I was thinking too. Working on seeing if they can give us reservations for about 30 - 40 people.
914itis
I have been missing for a few.

I am in for dinner and drive . At least 2 of us.

I have yet to make my reservation.
okieflyr
We'll plan on the drive and dinner for the two of us.

Kevin
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 28 2015, 08:31 AM) *

Traditionally, everybody goes to Underdogs , in Harrisburg, for dinner Friday night. I was working on reservations. Apparently, due to a fire, Underdogs is closed. I'm working on finding a different place. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

We need a head count for the restaurant, shirts, etc. if you can post this info it will help (I don't want to open another thread just to do a poll):

1. Doing the Friday drive?
2. Number of people for dinner?
3. Shirt size(s)

Wow, that really sucks.

I'm in for dinner.

Shirt size XL.

Zach
Porschef
Reservation made at the Notell Motel. Hopefully the adjacent room will have a less um, energetic couple than last year... sheeplove.gif

Looks like I'll be dragging La Vieja along, we'll do the drive, and dinner, wherever it is. Thanks.

Nepal orange. Hope the weather's a bit better in 6 weeks

Oh, 1XL, 1L
Big Len
What's"La Vieja?"
Porschef
It's a Spanish term.

Old Lady... happy11.gif
saigon71
In for drive, dinner and T-shirt. One size L.

Thanks.
Big Len
Not big on German food so we'd pass if that's everyone's choice.

There was a place within walking distance of The Knight's Inn on Rt.422 that seemed ok.

Can't remember the name....was it this place? http://www.funcks.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.