Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cracked weltmeister camberplate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Yikes, another new project to address on the car. Has anyone ever seen this before? I don't even understand how it would fail like this given the loads it should be supporting.

The product:
http://www.weltmeister.com/ProductDetails....x?productID=371

-Steve
siverson
Another...
siverson
Another
siverson
Vrooooom!

Tough weekend on the car - I also had the muffler crack and fail. This is two stories underground in my office parking garage. All concrete, 3.6, and NO muffler.

-Steve
TimT
Ive seen a camber plate fail in a similar manner, I dont know the mfg though
siverson
Lightweight muffler...

Aaron Cox
upgrade to the tarett front monoballs wink.gif

i really dont see WHY they would crack..... but man.... thats a fatty crack ohmy.gif
Downunderman
Huge pot hole bottoming out the suspension did it to one on mine.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard R @ Feb 6 2005, 10:40 AM)
Huge pot hole bottoming out the suspension did it to one on mine.

thats how i sheared off a factory sway bar U tab dry.gif
seanery
Steve,
I have these on bluecar. One of my fears (after-purchase of course) was that they may fail because they are a cast part.
One of the billet pieces or a forged piece (if they exist) would probably be a better choice.
ArtechnikA
i really like the Wevo CamberKing monoball housing. investment-cast stainless, good stuff. i'm told they're available without the 911 strut brace mounts but i haven't investigated.

took a while to find the pictures i knew had been posted here, but they are in This Thread halfway down the second page.
airsix
I notice the car is very low. I assume koni's with cut-down or possibly no bump stops? Could this be from bottoming the shock?

Awesome looking car by the way.

-Ben M.
xitspd
Very nice teener. Orange is one of my favorites! Looks great with Fuchs. 3.6 very, very cool.....
redshift
Ouchy! Happens.

I agree on billet vs cast for that lil booger.. and wow dood! BAD_ASS_RIDE!

The muffler scrape on the ground a few times?

unsure.gif

M
Bleyseng
Just point those elbows down at the ends of the headers and all will be fine.

Geoff-Zoom zoom
914werke
Dont these type of products, because of the elimination of cushening rubber, transfer higher than normal loads on the chassis and are therfore a real compromise for a primarily street driven car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.