Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who does your 914 sleep with?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jake Raby
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that the 914 of today sits among a much different crowd to "sleep with" than it did a few years ago?

Yes, the 914 has finally matured :-)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 23 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that the 914 of today sits among a much different crowd to "sleep with" than it did a few years ago?

agree.gif

The 914 is on the path to losing its "stepchild" status!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 23 2015, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 23 2015, 10:23 AM) *

agree.gif

The 914 is on the path to losing its "stepchild" status!

Compare the results of this thread with the results of even 4-5 years ago :-)

Thats why I had to add one back to the collection :-)
eyesright

Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Baby Bear.

Click to view attachment

I dragged home this '68 Honda "Scrambler" CL90 a couple of days ago. Its complete, with 7400 miles. But that doesn't mean much. You might see I opened the valve covers, pulled the sparking plug, drained the oil/water mix, tried to get the generator and clutch covers off, etc. The engine is toast, gearbox is locked up, chain is rusted, cables will have to be replaced...But hey!, this will be easy compared to most 914 projects.

I better get the orange conversion DONE first.
rgalla9146
My brother flew Navy C130s during the Viet Nam era and brought back many Honda 90s including one or two 90 Scramblers........ I must have put a thousand miles on them and never left our street.
pneuhyde
QUOTE(eyesright @ May 23 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Baby Bear.

Click to view attachment

I dragged home this '68 Honda "Scrambler" CL90 a couple of days ago. Its complete, with 7400 miles. But that doesn't mean much. You might see I opened the valve covers, pulled the sparking plug, drained the oil/water mix, tried to get the generator and clutch covers off, etc. The engine is toast, gearbox is locked up, chain is rusted, cables will have to be replaced...But hey!, this will be easy compared to most 914 projects.

I better get the orange conversion DONE first.

Wow, that hurts. I had a 72 in similar condition. Actually the engine ran, but I had it out to work on a transmission problem and it was stolen out of my storage unit, along with my AC/DC welder a couple of years ago. Not sure which item I was most upset about. BUT, they did not find the seat which I think is in better condition than yours and if you send or pm me your address I will box it up and ship it to you. Hope all else goes well with it.
Steve
campbellcj
Mine normally sleeps alone (separate bay) but here are a couple of wide rears cuddling a while back -

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
^^^ Weird - the board seems to have inverted the pic
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 24 2015, 10:26 AM) *

Au contraire, you took the picture upside down but your phone is smart enough to turn it around for you.
I looked into auto-rotating images for the board software, but it isn't actually all that simple to correctly detect rotated images.

The easiest way to avoid this is to remember which side is UP on your phone.
biggrin.gif
thieuster
Most of the time here:
IPB Image

With these (well two I've paid for...)
IPB Image

colingreene
IPB Image
IPB Image
Cairo94507
Please tell me all 3 of those cars are yours and not that some neighbor sandwiched you in because they do not know how to park.
colingreene
They are mine, hence what does your 914 sleep with.
gfg3
My '75 sleeps with my '61 TBird project.

Click to view attachment

George

campbellcj
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2015, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 24 2015, 10:26 AM) *

Au contraire, you took the picture upside down but your phone is smart enough to turn it around for you.
I looked into auto-rotating images for the board software, but it isn't actually all that simple to correctly detect rotated images.

The easiest way to avoid this is to remember which side is UP on your phone.
biggrin.gif

I thought of that; however, multiple software packages on my computers all portray the image as right side up, so inverting it there would make it upside-down on my 'puter...
shelby/914
It sleeps with a Ford Fairlane and a Shelby. Don't have a good pix of then all together in my garage. This is at a friends.Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
It's a messy garage, but nice companions to keep them company!Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
These two are roommates in the garage. They love each other after all these decades together... biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
Lesbians biggrin.gif
914bub
QUOTE(colingreene @ May 24 2015, 11:35 AM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

That screams HOA. biggrin.gif
abnrdo
Next to the 530Xi.
Heeltoe914
Click to view attachment

partsman
It sleeps with two of it's countrymates...

Click to view attachment
speed metal army
Same Dad, different Moms biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
drive-ability
05 CL65 AMG, The picture is not my car but it's exactly the same. V12, 600 plus hp and 800 ft.lbs torque. The alter ego of my 914.

IPB Image
Chris914n6
My 914 used to sleep with my Nissan Hardbody. Now Max is a mean bitch with a little Nissan bastard inside.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 26 2015, 12:41 AM) *

My 914 used to sleep with my Nissan Hardbody. Now Max is a mean bitch with a little Nissan bastard inside.

I bet Max loves it when you talk dirty like that... shades.gif
DRPHIL914
sold My Boxster last summer so it is missing some porsche company, but i bought an Audi TT that is usually in the garage along with out Jaguar VDP, but this '65 will be in the stable as soom as i can arrainge shipping from my parents farm up in minnesota,
MJHanna
Mine lives with the cars in the background plus a few others.
Olympic 914
Well not really sleepin' together since the truck doesn't fit in the garage.

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
these 2 get the front garage, the 914 is stuck back in the shop
dale73914
I don't have a photo of them all together as we have a long skinny garage, with a long skinny carport in front of it.

But here is Betty ( the Cayenne TT ), Ted ( the Corolla ) ,Squeak ( the Liberty GT ), and Violet ( the 914 ).

Squeak is the wife's shopping trolley, and Ted is my old club car from year ago ( waiting for my sons legs to grow a bit longer )

Cheers

Dale

MJHanna
^^^^^
nice Rott
thieuster
Indeed, nice Rot.

The Toyota is great too. Brings back memories of my father's primrose(?) yellow version of the one you own. One of the best cars he ever drove - easy: after more than a decade driving British cars...

Thanks for posting this!

Menno
type2man
Click to view attachment

Crammed in the corner for now
euro911
Birds of a feather orgy

Click to view attachment
Niklas
Click to view attachment

My 914 with his buddys.
r_towle
QUOTE(Niklas @ May 27 2015, 04:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My 914 with his buddys.

very nice...

When my daughter was in Copenhagen for a semester she went to Malmo frequently to get Lingenberries.....
We now have our own garden of them here.

Rich
SixerJ
QUOTE(Niklas @ May 27 2015, 08:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My 914 with his buddys.

I see an Issetta tucked in there, cool
Pursang
IPB Image
OllieG
I need to stop looking at this thread…it's making me green with envy. It needs a 'Parental Advisory' or something…grrr.

My 'running 914' is currently sleeping with a basket case 914 tub..imagine sleeping with a corpse!
maf914

Eyesright,
That is an interesting dual muffler you have next to the 914, must be custom made. It looks good. Could you provide a few more photos and/or description? Thanks.
gandalf_025
Old picture..
914 is still at the shop waiting for paint.

Garage is still a mess though

Click to view attachment
napasteve
Tranquil Domesticity

Click to view attachment
eric9144
loving this thread wub.gif

I find it funny how similar the taste in "toys" are among this crowd drooley.gif
Phoenix-MN
My 914 is a whore blink.gif it sleeps with anything in or near the garage

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
and the Jeep
Click to view attachment
RARE 6
Eclectic mix.
pneuhyde
QUOTE(SixerJ @ May 27 2015, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Niklas @ May 27 2015, 08:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My 914 with his buddys.

I see an Issetta tucked in there, cool

I was just a teenager when my dad drove home in the (used) Issetta he had just purchased. Drove straight down the driveway and into our small backyard and started spinning doughnuts smile.gif
VoPo914
Sleeps with a Sports Bug!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.