Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Red Rocks Classic 2015 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rhodyguy
Yep. They are in for a surprising weekend for sure.
mgp4591
Room is gone - rhodyguy grabbed it a couple of minutes later. Have fun all- I'll be watching from my wheelchair! shades.gif
MoveQik
Juuuust checking in. One month from now we will be rolling into town! driving.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
JRust
Just talked to a Brett (? I think) from Colorado. He's doing a v8 conversion & knew Brandt. I think he is planning to go. Ring any bells Brandt? I think he is doing a 283 v8 conversion
brant
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 18 2015, 04:20 PM) *

Just talked to a Brett (? I think) from Colorado. He's doing a v8 conversion & knew Brandt. I think he is planning to go. Ring any bells Brandt? I think he is doing a 283 v8 conversion

Cool
I didn't know Brett was going
Awesome
SharonG
Hey Folks!

Here is our itinerary. I'll publish a schedule with maps and times closer to the date.

Thursday night - BBQ in the parking lot / meet and greet
Friday AM - Coffee and Cars followed by a drive to get lunch (Torrey)
Friday night - Pizza in the parking lot / meet and drink
Saturday AM - Main Drive through Bryce with lunch (bagged)
Saturday night - Main dinner at Circle D restaurant / awards
Sunday AM - Coffee and Cars followed by a short drive to a hike (Escalate Petrified Forest)
Sunday Afternoon and Night - on your own for sightseeing, lunch and dinner / parking lot activities
Monday AM - final meetup for breakfast at Circle D restaurant and goodbyes.

Note: The restaurant at the Circle D motel is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is the itinerary: Click to view attachment

We're going to try to project some event appropriate movies in the evenings (Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds, Better Off Dead, for example). We're working on logistics. beerchug.gif

Attendee list (some of these I'm assuming based on the Facebook going list):

Brant McClung
Michael Wills
Waide Stockhill
Jason Luurs
Ron Meier
Toast
Jim Buchanan
Jeff and Suzie Hines
Rick and Sandy Ollah
John Petersen
Jeff Stroud
Jamie Rust
Eric Shea
Nicole Shea
Ed Morrow
Travis Neff
Ross Nellums
Kevin Rhodes
Ernie DeVries
Mike DeVries
Ron Diederichsen
Scotty First
brant
Nice job Sharon!!!

SharonG
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 18 2015, 07:38 PM) *

Nice job Sharon!!!

I'm pretty sure we discussed this and agreed, so I'm not taking the blame for this by myself, Brnat. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SharonG
Will you all please let me know how long and many of you will be at the event for food planning? I need to put together a list so we all know if the kool kids are attending. w00t.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 18 2015, 07:41 PM) *

Will you all please let me know how long and many of you will be at the event for food planning?

1 person(s) x 5 day(s) + 4 night(s)
ejm
Jen and I plan to arrive Friday afternoon and head out early Monday
rhodyguy
Put me on the list please. There for the duration.
StratPlayer
Wife an I will be there on thursday until the end
Chris914n6
What are the dirt track fees? lol-2.gif

I've got just the weekend so I'm thinking of suv camping at the RV lot next door. Bad idea?

This is assuming the car wants to go on a road trip this time and I get the tow bar made.
JRust
2 for thursday-sunday
RJMII
I can't go. I thought certain legal issues would be done...

My room at Circle D will be opening up. someone please PM me to arrange a take over... two double beds, all of the nights.
cashiersjm
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 20 2015, 01:07 AM) *

My room at Circle D will be opening up. someone please PM me to arrange a take over... two double beds, all of the nights.

If your room is still available, I will take it. May not have my 914 by that time, but I will still attend. You can reach me at eight 2 eight-5 zero 8-0011.
brant
QUOTE(cashiersjm @ Aug 20 2015, 06:05 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 20 2015, 01:07 AM) *

If your room is still available, I will take it. May not have my 914 by that time, but I will still attend. You can reach me at eight 2 eight-5 zero 8-0011.

Wow.
Best first post ever
You are brave to throw in with this group

Welcome!!!
brant
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 19 2015, 11:07 PM) *

Going to miss you jim
StratPlayer
Getting close....... beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Were out too. dry.gif We have a new grandson due close to the event and we will have to stay around here for that. Really, really going to miss attending.

Kansas-Durango-soon to be Texas Mike already took our room. Have a couple for us and watch out for the accordion effect! unsure.gif
JRust
Bummer Rick! Always good to see you & Sandy. Have fun with the grandson. That's a pretty damn good excuse smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 06:20 PM) *

Were out too. dry.gif We have a new grandson due close to the event and we will have to stay around here for that. Really, really going to miss attending.

Kansas-Durango-soon to be Texas Mike already took our room. Have a couple for us and watch out for the accordion effect! unsure.gif

My fourth grandchild is due around the same time. I've been around for 3 of them. Told them to call me if it was going to happen while I was gone.

Grandpa needs a small vacation too!
VegasRacer

That's not what I wanted to hear. sad.gif We will miss you buddy.

We don't blame you. It's not your fault.

I blame it on the long cold Minnesota winters. santa_smiley.gif sheeplove.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 25 2015, 11:59 PM) *

That's not what I wanted to hear. sad.gif We will miss you buddy.

We don't blame you. It's not your fault.

I blame it on the long cold Minnesota winters. santa_smiley.gif sheeplove.gif

Ya... dry.gif Thanks, I'm going to be missing this event and all you crazies. don't talk about me. poke.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 07:20 PM) *

That's a bummer, Rick. But you know we'll be talking about having a beer for you! beerchug.gif
SharonG
Hey folks, if you haven't already, please let me know that you're attending and with how many people. beer3.gif
rhodyguy
Just me. No beer allotment needed.
JRust
I may not make it until Friday confused24.gif . Have some conflicts sad.gif
SLITS
[quote name='SharonG' date='Aug 18 2015, 06:02 PM' post='2225317']
Hey Folks!

Here is our itinerary. I'll publish a schedule with maps and times closer to the date.

Friday AM - Coffee and Cars followed by a drive to get lunch (Torrey)

Sharon ... I won't be there, but if you remember there wasn't shit in Torrey except for the restaurant at the Best Western. biggrin.gif

Make sure you take everyone to Hidden Falls behind the infamous concrete pool/spa motel (whatever they call it now).
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Nine work shifts to go and I am on the road. piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif popcorn[1].gif driving.gif
SLITS
icon_bump.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif

smoke.gif
rhodyguy
I've already put Brant's new chrome hubcaps in my travel bag so I don't forget them.
brant
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2015, 09:38 AM) *

I've already put Brant's new chrome hubcaps in my travel bag so I don't forget them.

sweet!
JRust
Is Mike Moorman coming confused24.gif
SLITS
Well, the clock is ticking. My Daughter's "Bun in the oven" is close to being done. I told her I would cancel the trip if the little bugger decided to leave home a little early. She told me not to cancel as she was absolutely sure he would be in the sunshine prior to the event.

I told her to turn up the heat and git 'er done or turn down the heat and let him cook a bit longer. For now, it is day to day. She has another inspection scheduled for next Wednesday.

We will see ...............
Elliot Cannon
Is anyone about to cancel their hotel room?
rhodyguy
check with rick ollah. he's out due to a stork visit. ron, slits, is on the fence due to a stork visit too. if all else fails try the prospector inn across the street. call the circle D and get on the cancellation list.
rick 918-S
Mike Moorman took our room. Sorry E, assimilate.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 3 2015, 12:31 PM) *

) I believe I am I will know for sure come Monday
brant
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Sep 3 2015, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 3 2015, 12:31 PM) *

) I believe I am I will know for sure come Monday

Bummer
Eric_Shea
Hey Sharon, still need a head count for meals (sorry, just poked my head in and saw that). Nicole and I will be there Thursday afternoon and pln on heading back Sunday around noonish.

I'll check my projectors and see if I can get something working with my laptop for the movies.

Also, I'll throw out some "Escalante" only type attractions. Lower Calf Creek Falls is spectacular and right on the road to Torrey. I'd be happy to lead a hike there on the way back. It's listed as "moderate" but it will take 3-4 hours. Plan accordingly.

Devils Garden and Peek-a-Boo Canyon are some other major attractions in that area. Peek-a-Boo is a killer slot canyon.

Its getting close!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2015, 07:38 AM) *

Kevin your Chariot awaits .... driving.gif
rhodyguy
perfect. 1.7/1.8/2.0? wink.gif
sixnotfour
2.4-6 suprise
mgp4591
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 6 2015, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2015, 07:38 AM) *

Kevin your Chariot awaits .... driving.gif

Jeff, have you ever seen another body kit like that? Gene and I were trying to figure that one out too- kinda grows on you as you're seeing it day after day... idea.gif
rhodyguy
stoked.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 6 2015, 06:43 PM) *

2.4-6 suprise

What? A six not a four from sixnotfour. Who would have guessed?
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 6 2015, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 6 2015, 06:43 PM) *

2.4-6 suprise

What? A six not a four from sixnotfour. Who would have guessed?

LOL! Yeah he just have to figure which motor he wants to throw in there off his shelf.
Kansas 914
Update and a bump.

I will not make RRC this time. I had a room at Circle D and cancelled it now someone in our group took that room so that is good.

I really wanted to make this one since I have never been to the Bryce area.

Enjoy the event, be safe - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.