Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Red Rocks Classic 2015 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sleepin
September 17-21, 2015! Escalante, Utah!

Event info is located in post #106

Set it on your calendars now folks! Yes! A five day event! If you can make all five days, please do! If not...well...don't.

Circle D Motel
475 W. Main Street
Escalante, UT. 84726
(435) 826-4297

http://www.escalantecircledmotel.com/

Facebook Event Page

Shirt Order Thread

Thank you Sharon G. for setting this up!
brant
How many days is it again?

Reservation made!
altitude411
5x3=14 days drunk.gif
StratPlayer
Room Booked
rick 918-S
5 Days! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif Alien is coming out of storage in a couple weeks for a makeover. assimilate.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 29 2015, 04:15 PM) *

5 Days! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif Alien is coming out of storage in a couple weeks for a makeover. assimilate.gif

Makeover?!?!
popcorn[1].gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 29 2015, 04:53 AM) *

5x3=14 days drunk.gif

Someone needs remedial math, I think.
Chris914n6
Only 5 hours away piratenanner.gif

Hopefully the car will want to go to this one.
altitude411
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 29 2015, 04:27 PM) *

5x3=14 days drunk.gif

Quick continuing education coarse for you .... dry.gif http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 28 2015, 11:30 PM) *

September 17-21, 2015! Escalante, Utah!

Set it on your calendars now folks! Yes! A five day event! If you can make all five days, please do! If not...well...don't.

Circle D Motel
475 W. Main Street
Escalante, UT. 84726
(435) 826-4297

http://www.escalantecircledmotel.com/

Facebook Event Page

Thank you Sharon G. for setting this up!

We've reserved the whole hotel! (22 rooms)
JRust
I booked my room month ago! Looking forward to it. Should have my daughter Kiana with me
76-914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 29 2015, 03:27 PM) *

5x3=14 days drunk.gif

Nope. That's pretty much the way he does it. As long as he gets close he feels accomplishment. Do not loan him your camera or your wife will find the cleavage pic's "he" took. alfred.gif
mgp4591
Tried to book online but it sez "call us". I sent an email telling them I'm assuming that it's our group that is taking over that weekend! Finally, an entire parking lot "For Porsches Only"! aktion035.gif
SLITS
Well according to Robert, I have a room now ..... somewhere in the stable av-943.gif

I can only do the 18th thru the 20th for now.

C-Ya!

Oh, Professor 914 will be with me. lol-2.gif

Now to fix the car!
Eric_Shea
Make sure you speak with Robert. Others have been mistakenly turned away by staff that think the hotel is sold out.
ConeDodger
Hmm... Only a 10 hour drive. More if I stop and pee. unsure.gif
JStroud
I reserved a room months ago, but with rennsport changing the date to the weekend before, not sure I'll make it. I also had already bought my rennsport tickets...and they're non refundable. Car is done and would be fine, just not sure about me.
mgp4591
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 30 2015, 12:15 AM) *

Tried to book online but it sez "call us". I sent an email telling them I'm assuming that it's our group that is taking over that weekend! Finally, an entire parking lot "For Porsches Only"! aktion035.gif

They called this morning and that's the reason why- now I'm booked! w00t.gif
rick 918-S
Booked! assimilate.gif I may have to quit my job to attend but hey! bs.gif beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Where is Escalante, Utah ? Near any major airports ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 30 2015, 02:53 PM) *

Booked! assimilate.gif I may have to quit my job to attend but hey! bs.gif beerchug.gif

I know a place where you an get another job Rick and it's much. Closer to all of these events... evilgrin.gif
ballioint
driving.gif
Sleepin
We might make it...hopefully...

Any volunteers to do awards? Please contact myself or Sharon G.

SLITS
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 30 2015, 05:47 PM) *

Mid Southern Utah .... many miles from nowhere / many miles to nowhere.

Cedar City is probably the closest major airport.
mgp4591
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 30 2015, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 30 2015, 05:47 PM) *

Mid Southern Utah .... many miles from nowhere / many miles to nowhere.

Cedar City is probably the closest major airport.

Major?? lol-2.gif av-943.gif
forrestkhaag
Quick facts

Escalante is a "city" in Garfield County, Utah, United States located along Utah Scenic Byway 12 in the south central part of the state. As of the 2010 census, there were 797 people residing in the city. As of September 20th 2015 there will be approximately 842 people in Escalante and the majority of operating vehicles (not including wheelchairs) will be Porsche 914's.

Airports? Not a regional nearby but if your flying a Stearman, you can land just about anywhere / it is in the middle of nowhere and quite scenic with occasional long flat patches of ground....

Looks to be around 600 miles from the south coast of California so it is a great desert drive of around 8 hours with one fuel stop........

beerchug.gif

Elliot Cannon
Escalante has an airport just out side of town. Well, OK, it's more of an airstrip. No fuel. To be honest, it's a long flat strip of paving that is suitable to land a small airplane on. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 31 2015, 10:25 AM) *

Escalante has an airport just out side of town. Well, OK, it's more of an airstrip. No fuel. To be honest, it's a long flat strip of paving that is suitable to land a small airplane on. biggrin.gif

Don't you have to buzz the "landing strip" prior to final to chase the cows, chickens, goats, geese, sheep and prairie dogs off?

I'm sure you can get 85 w/ 15% ethanol downtown. Might be a long taxi from the "landing strip". The cops won't mind as they have probably never seen an airplane that was made of metal rather than wood/fabric. You, however, must wear a leather helmet, white silk scarf and goggles to make sure they don't classify you as a "alien". Oh, and bring your golden trumpet to ward off evil (and Professor 914). Garlic helps too!

Do they speak Amerikan or Utah-ese?

Is the nearest restaurant called "Alice's"?

How many hundred miles is it to the nearest liquor store?

Loa has a Deli in the market. Yuuuuummm, Southern Utah Fried Chicken to Go .... cooked in unsaturated Sheep grease (KY)!

smoke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 30 2015, 09:14 PM) *

We might make it...hopefully...

Any volunteers to do awards? Please contact myself or Sharon G.

Those shirts red rock!
JRust
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2015, 12:01 PM) *

Those shirts red rock!

agree.gif Very cool layout
mgp4591
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 31 2015, 12:13 PM) *

Don't you have to buzz the "landing strip" prior to final to chase the cows, chickens, goats, geese, sheep and prairie dogs off?

I'm sure you can get 85 w/ 15% ethanol downtown. Might be a long taxi from the "landing strip". The cops won't mind as they have probably never seen an airplane that was made of metal rather than wood/fabric. You, however, must wear a leather helmet, white silk scarf and goggles to make sure they don't classify you as a "alien". Oh, and bring your golden trumpet to ward off evil (and Professor 914). Garlic helps too!

Loa has a Deli in the market. Yuuuuummm, Southern Utah Fried Chicken to Go .... cooked in unsaturated Sheep grease (KY)!

smoke.gif

I can neither confirm or deny any of your "facts" sir, the only thing I'm really sure of is that Escalante is WAYY out there- even for Utah...
So far as the "unsaturated Sheep grease" goes, it's probably left over from the last female wrestling contest in Cedar City. Not that I'd know... I'm only guessing... maybe from Vernal.... blink.gif
MoveQik
All booked! Ahhhh, how I love that drive back into Phoenix at the end of September. Nothing like the last hour of an eight hour drive in 110 degree temps. blink.gif
Eric_Shea

smoke.gif

Sheep? blink.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 1 2015, 05:33 PM) *

All booked! Ahhhh, how I love that drive back into Phoenix at the end of September. Nothing like the last hour of an eight hour drive in 110 degree temps. blink.gif

That's why you got this trailer for your Birthday....

IPB Image
MoveQik
Still have it! I even park the car on it :-)
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 1 2015, 04:49 PM) *

smoke.gif

Sheep? blink.gif

I knew that would get YOUR attention!
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 2 2015, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 1 2015, 04:49 PM) *

smoke.gif

Sheep? blink.gif

I knew that would get YOUR attention!

Gonna be a fun RRC sheeplove.gif
Larmo63
http://www.escalantecircledmotel.com

bye1.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 2 2015, 08:31 AM) *

Is that dust!? unsure.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 2 2015, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 2 2015, 08:31 AM) *

Is that dust!? unsure.gif

We had some big haboobs!
Elliot Cannon
I'm a definite maybe on this trip. It's just a question of what form of transportation I use. Two days up, five days there, two days back. That's a lot of driving.gif just to watch SLITS get drunk and pass out. beer3.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif What the hell is a "haboob".
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 8 2015, 10:55 AM) *

What the hell is a "haboob".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haboob
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 8 2015, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 8 2015, 10:55 AM) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haboob

So, big haboobs really aren't as much fun as I might have thought. av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 8 2015, 11:02 AM) *

So, big haboobs really aren't as much fun as I might have thought. av-943.gif

agree.gif
Evidently not.
914_3.0
Wish I could make it. The wife and I stayed there almost ten years ago now. Beautiful area. Be sure to catch Calf Creek Falls!

I also recall entering from the northeast, traversing a section of road nicknamed 'The Dog's Back'. Apparently, people out there were one of the last to receive mail by Pony Express? lol I've hung out the open doors of helicopters, and this road gave me vertigo!!

Don't get caught in a haboob, looking at a hoodoo lol-2.gif
Eric_Shea
Sheep don't mind Haboobs...
SLITS
Oooooooo .... Dirty Ewe, Southwestern style.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 8 2015, 09:55 AM) *

Huh.....I always pegged you as a haboob man. Obviously not.
Sleepin
Link to the shirt order thread added to the first post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.