Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next G & R Riverside 914 swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 11 2015, 07:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 11 2015, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 11 2015, 04:58 PM) *

To quote McMark,"Things happen fast". piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Wahoo! I'm in. My daughters re-arranged this weeks schedule and decided they would hang around the pool at my older daughters house in SD the next few days. Imagine that! blink.gif Hang with her cool sister pool side or hang with old Farts. I thought it was a clear choice. bootyshake.gif What'da I know. happy11.gif I'll be there at butt:30. evilgrin.gif

What a bitter disappointment. poke.gif laugh.gif

And that coming from a guy who expects vegatarian chili from you. Hmmmmmm.

That came from a guy who thought he was going to meet Kent's daughter! av-943.gif
sb914
Nice time seeing everyoneClick to view attachment
Lots of deals and about 30 teeners showed up
sb914
Click to view attachment
Heeltoe914
Posting troubles. mad.gif
Heeltoe914
Thanks everyone, I'm sure Bruce will chime in later but what a great turnout of friends and enthusiest from all over Southern California whatever you guys did to get the word out? Including our 914WORLD. Craigslist, Pelican and other sources. It worked OUT!!!! the new location was very accommodating and spacious.
A very special thanks to Bruce stone for going through the hassles of making this happen and for everyone who made sure we didn't have to come out of pocket for food and other stuff. You 914 guys are definitely a stand up crowd what a great honor to be a part of it.......
boogie_man
Good friends, good food, and good times thanks to Bruce for putting this together and keeping the tradition going aktion035.gif
914-300Hemi
Thank you Bruce for hosting the event. Had a great time seeing all the great teeters and talking to great people.
Blue6
Thank you Bruce and family. Nice event, great cars, and good junk. My new ride is going to be all dressed up.
Montreal914
Thank you Bruce for keeping the tradition alive. first.gif

Very well organized, good crowd, and good food.

The place looked clean when I left, I hope your landlord will recognize how civilized this crowd is laugh.gif so we can repeat unsure.gif

Looking forward to the next one. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
Thanks to all for attending and making it a great event.
Definitely going to do it again. Maybe mid September. Thinking of making it an all Porsche event. Saw some vendors that normally only go to the other Porsche swap meets and hope it was worth their time.
Please post pictures if you have them. I want to use them in posting the next swap meet.
euro911
Hey Bruce, another thank you for hosting the ex 'G'&'R', now the 'BS' Swap Meet (as 'R' dubbed it) laugh.gif

Nice to see some old faces and meeting some new boys & girls.

A big thank you as well to those who helped to lighten my load of spare parts, although I still have tons more to get rid of before the end of the year.

I stopped in to visit with Peter (0396) for a while on my way home ... he seems to be doing exceptionally well considering the situation he's currently facing aktion035.gif

Just an FYI, I'll be hosting a BBQ later in the year too - it will mainly be a lift dismantling party and possibly a small swap meet if there's enough room in the parking lot confused24.gif ... stay tuned ...

bdstone914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 12 2015, 04:08 PM) *

Thank you Bruce for keeping the tradition alive. first.gif

Very well organized, good crowd, and good food.

The place looked clean when I left, I hope your landlord will recognize how civilized this crowd is laugh.gif so we can repeat unsure.gif

Looking forward to the next one. beerchug.gif

Saw one coffee cup and one soda can i had to pick up. My shop neighbors left more trash from their friday after work beer drinking. The less the land lord knows the better.
Elliot Cannon
Much thanks to Bruce Stone for hosting what turned out to be a well attended and very successful G&R swap meet. I actually even sold some stuff. Here's a few pics. I counted over 15 cars and many people in attendance.
Elliot Cannon
I can't assign any names to this picture because there are still warrants out for one of them. (The one in the middle). smoke.gif
Elliot Cannon
My vote for car of the day. Week, month and year. biggrin.gif
pete000
What a great turn out and even some great treasures found ! Can't wait till the next one !!!!
SLITS
Thanks Bruce for picking this up. While Glenn & I enjoyed our multi year run, the circumstances required we give up.

See you at the next one.

And Elliot, the wanted poster was recalled. The warrant was for my evil twin. I can't speak for Taco Paco or his blanco gringo friend.

It was great seeing all of you again.
7TPorsh
Thanks Bruce!! piratenanner.gif

I actually sold something. biggrin.gif

7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
wub.gif
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
yup car of the day!

Click to view attachment
euro911
I forgot to look you up while I was there, Gary screwy.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 13 2015, 01:04 PM) *

I forgot to look you up while I was there, Gary screwy.gif

I think I saw you..... ph34r.gif
Steve
Thanks Bruce for continuing the G&R tradition and putting this on. As usual i spent more than I made. I look forward to the next one so I can try to sell the same stuff again. What's nice about this swap meet is that there is good prices, but its also hard to sell high dollar items such as bumpers. Does anyone besides me bring more than a hundred dollars to these swap meets?
Larmo63
I sold about $450 worth of stuff. I bought the $10.00 bumper.
Steve
I can only imagine what a $10.00 bumper looks like. I was trying to sell a good driver rear bumper for $100.00. Everyone said it was a killer deal, but nobody had the money,
I spent around $300.00 and sold around $200. Not including the two $10.00 taco plates from the taco stand for my daughter and I.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 13 2015, 04:34 PM) *

I can only imagine what a $10.00 bumper looks like. I was trying to sell a good driver rear bumper for $100.00. Everyone said it was a killer deal, but nobody had the money,
I spent around $300.00 and sold around $200. Not including the two $10.00 taco plates from the taco stand for my daughter and I.

Steve, someone will take your rear bumper next time. As discussed, this was a good deal. chowtime.gif
I got rid of a good portion of my selection. Thank you to all buyers. beerchug.gif
Looking forward to the next one.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 13 2015, 07:33 AM) *

Thanks Bruce for picking this up. While Glenn & I enjoyed our multi year run, the circumstances required we give up.

See you at the next one.

And Elliot, the wanted poster was recalled. The warrant was for my evil twin. I can't speak for Taco Paco or his blanco gringo friend.

It was great seeing all of you again.

RON from one friend to another are you ok?? This wording seems a little bit too nice for you..
Please give us back the old RON.... Reading your post always makes me smile..
euro911
I was there to sell stuff, so I passed up some real good deals - parts that were priced ridiculously low were still available at closing time blink.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 13 2015, 04:15 PM) *

Or you took $450 for $ 10 worth of stuff. poke.gif
oldschool
I thought D-lo was going to be there selling the shirts he designed? I pick-up the box of shirts from my print shop....But I never put them out for sale confused24.gif
So only a few good old boys that saw I had them with me Got them.
But if you want one sent me a Pm. New price (don't tell D-Lo ) $20 + shipping Or if your in our area stop by Or i'll drop off, no worries.Click to view attachment
euro911
Hey Jaime, I received an envelope from you in the mail yesterday - thanks for the 'Experience' shirt aktion035.gif
mkinne
Got my '73 officially back on the road a couple weekends ago (after a 9 year rest in the garage) just in time to attend the G&R > BS swap meet.
Was great to see so many nice cars and friendly owners clap.gif

Finally uploaded a few pics ...

My wife really like the yellow car just behind my dark grey.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Sweet wub.gif
IPB Image

Looking forward to the next one driving.gif

-M
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 13 2015, 04:15 PM) *

You stole the $10 bumper. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.