Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rotisserie Alternatives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914forme
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 1 2020, 07:51 PM) *

@GaroldShaffer
hijack,,, looks loowww....secrect ??

av-943.gif Nope just high enough to keep a really low boxer engine in the right place. It was all about keeping heavy really low.

That was the shell from my old EG33 build. Engine mounts I had planned to weld a steel plate to the bottom of the engine mount if I thought I need one, I planned on running an AL pan, and had lost one once when my wife drove a Jetta over an man hole cover, on a road they had scarped to resurface. The hit split the pan, but luckily just opened it up enough it would weep. That was one expensive rescue dog. dry.gif Luckily he is a great dog.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 1 2020, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 1 2020, 07:51 PM) *

@GaroldShaffer
hijack,,, looks loowww....secrect ??

av-943.gif Nope just high enough to keep a really low boxer engine in the right place. It was all about keeping heavy really low.

That was the shell from my old EG33 build. Engine mounts I had planned to weld a steel plate to the bottom of the engine mount if I thought I need one, I planned on running an AL pan, and had lost one once when my wife drove a Jetta over an man hole cover, on a road they had scarped to resurface. The hit split the pan, but luckily just opened it up enough it would weep. That was one expensive rescue dog. dry.gif Luckily he is a great dog.

beer.gif I just read your build thread..subi mount popcorn[1].gif
nathanxnathan
I saw this one on Pinterest, and it really inspired me.

It seems so simple, the way it solves the issue of raising and lowering the car, like it was built by druids. biggrin.gif

I've always wanted to build in the ability to raise the car off the ground with suspension and wheels on, and to raise it up high enough to flip it and clear the windshield frame.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
My Longs were in good shape, but if I knew better I would have braced the doors

Look how skinny I was! Lost 21 lbs since the heart attack, but I don't think I'll ever
be that small again

Click to view attachment
914forme
Interesting, only issue I see is that is all thread, it would take forever to raise and lower it. Your thread pitch will determine the speed. Also technically it is the wrong thread design for the job. jacks use a square cut gear for lifting and lowering. pitched thread is good for clamping. But hey it will work.

The one I built uses a welded nut on the end of the winch handles. You can stick a socket on the end of a drill, and it will be at the top, in a minute.
nathanxnathan
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 3 2020, 04:24 PM) *

Interesting, only issue I see is that is all thread, it would take forever to raise and lower it. Your thread pitch will determine the speed. Also technically it is the wrong thread design for the job. jacks use a square cut gear for lifting and lowering. pitched thread is good for clamping. But hey it will work.

The one I built uses a welded nut on the end of the winch handles. You can stick a socket on the end of a drill, and it will be at the top, in a minute.

Yeah acme thread would be better for sure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.