Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying 914's ain't what is used to be
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
thelogo
Just reviving this thread as I recently found my self selling a used car

My asking price is about 300 more then pick a parts has offered me and 75.less then I paid before the accident

I m telling perspective buyers that I'd rather see the truck fixed and back on the road as opposed
To wasting away in the scrap yard ,which is true

Have had several interested buyers contact me .

I would like to get the highest price but am leaning towards whomever comes to me with the money first since I want this truck gone asap

But just thought I'd take everyone s pulse here .

Comments please

thelogo
So far highest offer is 1050

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5225518130.html
rvanderpyl
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 26 2015, 05:36 AM) *

Same thing with my nephew a few years ago in Loudon County in Virginia when looking to buy a relatively newer house; told the realtor to make an offer of X - $10k.

Realtor called back and said price is now X + $5k because there are other buyers. He ended up getting the house at X + $15k.

Naw, houses are not the same. An offer is exactly that, the seller can take it or leave it. If they accepted the offer, then try to come back with a higher price, then no way, but in your nephews case, he didn't even offer them what they were asking, so they turn it down and he has to try again, if he stills wants the house.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(thelogo @ Jul 26 2015, 08:45 AM) *

I took some major shi t here for not allowing test drives and
Only inspecting the car where it is

Interesting. The only time I was ever in a situation like that (trying to buy my first 914!) I got a bad feeling from the guy. It seemed pretty sketchy that he wouldn't let me drive it at all, so I walked. His loss, I think.

Though the "Hondas are worth more than blue book because they're Hondas" just makes me say WTF.gif . And I say this as someone who grew up in a house with (at various times) a Civic and a couple of Accords, and having owned some Accords and a couple of CRXes myself. (Sold the last CRX for rather less than I thought it was worth because I could tell it was going to a good home. I was wrong--it went to a super amazingly good home!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.