Full Version: Magnus had an eventful day at the opening of MPLS Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ConeDodger
huh.gif
mepstein
Nice donor car.
914Sixer
Looks like the roll bar took the side impact.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 24 2015, 08:14 PM) *

Nice donor car.

hide.gif
madmax914
Any details on what happened?
Larmo63
That really sucks. I didn't see THIS picture on his Instagram feed.

Everything but.
scotty b
I'm definitely not one of his fanboy's, but I'll give him huge respect. He goes out and does what these cars are built to do. He has the money, and the connections. It can and will be fixed, and i'm sure he'll take it right back out to beat the snot out of it again smile.gif driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Aug 24 2015, 09:32 PM) *

Any details on what happened?

Must have been driving briskly. Almost had a head on collision with a vintage Mercedes which he spun out and hit the rear of a tractor trailer to avoid...
With his resources, he can possibly buff it out. piratenanner.gif
r_towle
A true outlaw now. A dented car at a car show.
porschetub
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 25 2015, 01:40 PM) *

I'm definitely not one of his fanboy's, but I'll give him huge respect. He goes out and does what these cars are built to do. He has the money, and the connections. It can and will be fixed, and i'm sure he'll take it right back out to beat the snot out of it again smile.gif driving.gif

Nah me too ,he will survive,it will give him something to do finding a new shell or ringing someone to fix that one.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 24 2015, 06:32 PM) *

That really sucks. I didn't see THIS picture on his Instagram feed.

Everything but.

Man....did you read some of the comments on his feed? There are some people that *really* hate the guy. WTF.gif

Edit - Just went back and looked. They must have deleted them.
PanelBilly
There's a 914 somewhere waiting for the drivetrain from that car
Larmo63
Yup, not everybody on his feed are big fans.

He has his detractors.
Eric_Shea
Rumor has it, a car-hauler semi backed into it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 25 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Perhaps a 904 project?

What? Too soon??? evilgrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
It could be the basis of a perfect 914 MagnusMobile.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2015, 11:03 AM) *

Well, that's a completely different story from what I heard. I read that a combination of cold asphalt and tires (it was only about 60 degrees here yesterday morning) and avoided a head on collision with a vintage MGB and slid into the back of the tractor trailer.

When talking to him about it, I got the impression that he was driving because he stated that this was the first car he's wrecked, "and it happened to be my favorite car", he said.

He also went on to say that this will give him a goal, that goal is to have it ready for Rennsport, so obviously he's fixing it.
gms
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 25 2015, 11:12 AM) *

Perhaps a 904 project?

av-943.gif
Oh Rob your killing me
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2015, 09:03 AM) *

With all the broken glass sitting right next the the car and not thrown everywhere, that seems more likely.
Larmo63
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 25 2015, 09:12 AM) *

Perhaps a 904 project?

Lol.

ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 25 2015, 12:12 PM) *

Perhaps a 904 project?

av-943.gif Love it.

The cold tires, stupid hot-dogging driver scenario sounds more likely if you read the second tweet.

I've never been a fan of people spinning tires at car shows, or anywhere on the street.
Larmo63
"stupid hot-dogging driver scenario sounds more likely"

Ask Paul Walker and Roger Rodas……. sad.gif

Magnus Walker's crash probably could have been a lot worse, too.
Mike Fitton
Take a good look at the pictures again no skid marks of any kind I think the truck back into it.
Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
I had not seen those pictures yet...interesting.

It still looks like an odd position for the trailer to back into the car, but yeah...no skid marks.
Steve
If you look at his instagram feed, it looks like he swerved to miss the Mercedes and hit the trailer. It must of a been a city street. Why else would there be an 18 wheeler car trailer parked there? Next question would be why was he driving so fast on a city street?
@p911r on Instragram
iwanta914-6
I'm pretty sure that's the road behind the dealership, I've been down that road many times, that's why the car hauler was there unloading cars for the grand opening probably.
Johny Blackstain
Judging from the photos I'd have to agree that the truck backed into the 911. No skid marks, all the debris is right there on the ground next to the car in the 1st photo & lastly if the car was moving why are there no signs of horizontal scrapes mixed in w/ the damage on the 911?
RFoulds
If so, truck driver is stuck on a BIG hook. Should never have been backing with ramp extended anyway. More than a few have said they heard he spun though.
euro911
Shit happens sad.gif

... and everybody has at least one detractor dry.gif

914bub
Hard to say. The front wheels are turned to the left. If it did slide,(skid) you may not be able to see the skid marks.A better question is why would you ever park that way with the ass end hanging over the center line,not parallel parked, facing oncoming traffic?

Seriously, park your car THAT way given the circumstances? You'd have to be stupid to park your car behind a semi in that fashion when the semi obviously looks like it was loading/unloading cars.

No skid marks also support the story of cold slick tires and roads.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 25 2015, 03:10 PM) *

I had not seen those pictures yet...interesting.

It still looks like an odd position for the trailer to back into the car, but yeah...no skid marks.

I doubt the truck would back up with the lift ramp extended...
Eric_Shea
I've heard both stories...
iamchappy
Was a great party they threw, open bar, cigars, food, hot cars and hot chicks.
Magnus was busy signing autographs and posters all night, i had to wait till he was done before he had time to check out the 914 turbo, he took some pictures of me in it as i was getting ready to leave, he signed the cover of the fourteener magizine for me and a poster for Ollie. I will post pictures on another thread when i download them from my go pro...
pete000
Not that my opinion even matters, but why would he park the 911 in that position on a road like that and then walk away from it? Weird photo opp?

One thing is for sure it is elmuncho now...
Zimms
Click to view attachment

You hit his Instgram feed

Magnus Stream
iamchappy
Magnus was running late and had just jumped into a car to leave then popped out ran over and checked out my car had me fire it up and
took this picture of me leaving. He was a stand up guy.
EdwardBlume
Great picture! Great car! Sounds like a great guy! smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 26 2015, 06:10 AM) *

Great picture! Great car! Sounds like a great guy! smilie_pokal.gif

I agree...great picture!

I'd still like to meet Magnus one of these days...of course I still need to meet a few more 914world members 1st!
Maltese Falcon
Best part is that no bones were broken, just some shaken nerves and change in plans.
New metal, parts and paint seem to find their way back on to damaged cars... in this case MW has his goals set high; Rennsport5 in less than a month sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Marty
vw505
I like that car i hope it gets fixed.
7TPorsh
Looks to me like he tried to cut around the rig and cut the corner too close...truck was standing still.
Larmo63
I don't get why we can't just get the real story on what happened?

Somebody knows.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 26 2015, 11:43 AM) *
I don't get why we can't just get the real story on what happened?
Somebody knows.

Who needs facts when we can just make up stuff?

I say:

Magnus was trying to block the street because someone was smuggling a truck full of high quality car wax down from Canada with the intention of flooding the US market.
When the truck driver realized he was cornered between a Porsche dealership and the 911 he decided to try to break through the block and rammed into the car pushing it backwards for several feet until Magnus pointed his ray gun at the driver and made a citizen arrest.
#magnussuperhero

w00t.gif
Chris914n6
He was trying to pull a Knight Rider maneuver when the ramp failed to lower completely, so he had to bail at the last second. The Merc he supposedly avoided was filming it.
914_teener
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 26 2015, 01:34 PM) *

He was trying to pull a Knight Rider maneuver when the ramp failed to lower completely, so he had to bail at the last second. The Merc he supposedly avoided was filming it.

Simple.....just like Paul Walker:

Dot Bots...he hit them and spun out going 25 mph.
Mike Bellis
He is keeping quiet so he can try and convince the insurance company to pay for the repairs... If the truth comes out, they will reject the claim...
dangerranger01
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 26 2015, 05:23 PM) *

He is keeping quiet so he can try and convince the insurance company to pay for the repairs... If the truth comes out, they will reject the claim...

I was thinking something along the same thing...I think the only acknowledgement he has made was that he is okay. But i can't seem to find that post (on facebook or instagram?). Will be interesting to see what happens.
r_towle
Mike Fitton
What about the people who have posted on this thread and were at the event, like "iamchappy" they have to know what really happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.