Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found this little beauty for 1500 bucks!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
billium01
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 26 2016, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ Jun 25 2016, 11:49 PM) *
Anyone know who makes this front valance?Click to view attachment

Looks like a 916-style front bumper with added orange lenses as turn signals.

driving.gif

Thanks poorsche914! you might be right! Like the name btw haha
green914
welcome.png
get off my lawn
Here's what I suggest, (not the fun way):

Get it running, clean it up a little, and sit on it for a couple years and dump it for big profit.
oops, too late.
billium01
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Jun 28 2016, 04:32 PM) *

Here's what I suggest, (not the fun way):

Get it running, clean it up a little, and sit on it for a couple years and dump it for big profit.
oops, too late.

oh its getting cleaned up!
billium01
Found this build table on Craigslist for 175 bucks. 1800 pounds of government issued reinforced flatness. Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(billium01 @ May 18 2016, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ May 18 2016, 09:08 AM) *

You went from acquisition to engine in a matter of a couple weeks? If so, fast moving...

Strongly consider installing some significant reinforcements - if you've come this far, this quickly, you probably already know this but just sayin.

Best of luck.

T

Oh its been awhile since I got her. Remodeling a house too. Was thinking reinforcement wise, I'll put a full cage in it, with tubes triangulation the front and rear. Was thinking those reinforcement kits aka doubling the panel thickness might not be the right way to go. Gonna keep the uni body intact as much as possible. Sorry I'm not making her what she came out of the factory as! I've always wanted to hot rod stuff. Don't worry I won't put Porsche badging on my Chevy motor.

Building a street car or track car? If street, not a real fan of roll cages in street cars unless you plan to wear a helmet.

Oh - nice find. Whatever you do enjoy it! driving.gif
Jamie
Not too sure what the problem is with your foggy pics, maybe fingerprints on the camera lens? huh.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Jamie @ Oct 25 2016, 05:54 PM) *

Not too sure what the problem is with your foggy pics, maybe fingerprints on the camera lens? huh.gif

Yup, Always clean your phone camera before taking a picture
billium01
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 25 2016, 07:20 PM) *

Yup, Always clean your phone camera before taking a picture

Yea there's dried up beer behind my lens. Phone was supposedly water proof. Not so much.
billium01
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 25 2016, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ May 18 2016, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ May 18 2016, 09:08 AM) *

You went from acquisition to engine in a matter of a couple weeks? If so, fast moving...

Strongly consider installing some significant reinforcements - if you've come this far, this quickly, you probably already know this but just sayin.

Best of luck.

T

Oh its been awhile since I got her. Remodeling a house too. Was thinking reinforcement wise, I'll put a full cage in it, with tubes triangulation the front and rear. Was thinking those reinforcement kits aka doubling the panel thickness might not be the right way to go. Gonna keep the uni body intact as much as possible. Sorry I'm not making her what she came out of the factory as! I've always wanted to hot rod stuff. Don't worry I won't put Porsche badging on my Chevy motor.

Building a street car or track car? If street, not a real fan of roll cages in street cars unless you plan to wear a helmet.

Oh - nice find. Whatever you do enjoy it! driving.gif

I know what you mean. Gonna pull double duty. Probably pad the cage really well.

Thanks so much!
billium01

yea my lens is proper f#@$ed. Cant get my computer to recognize my sd card either.
billium01
I found a local shop here in Spokane to get this car back on track. Too cold to work in my garage. Derek and Bryce over at "OCD Customs" are doing an excellent job on the metal work.

https://ocdcustomcars.com/

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif

agree.gif

Looks like it's in good hands aktion035.gif

Oscar
Mayne
QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 8 2019, 05:18 PM) *

I found a local shop here in Spokane to get this car back on track. Too cold to work in my garage. Derek and Bryce over at "OCD Customs" are doing an excellent job on the metal work.

Wow, those seem like some impeccably installed flares! Looks like it's going to be a great project.
beerchug.gif
billium01
QUOTE(Mayne @ Feb 8 2019, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 8 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Wow, those seem like some impeccably installed flares! Looks like it's going to be a great project.
beerchug.gif

yeah they got quite a bag of tricks to get the metal where they want it. He was using an angle grinder with some kind of special wheel (its in the picture) that heated up the metal. Then they'd quench it with water to move it around. Like sword smiths making a blade!
914-300Hemi
Looks great.
jmitro
QUOTE(Mayne @ Feb 8 2019, 04:53 PM) *

beerchug.gif

+1. amazing!
Krieger
Really nice work! Got some video of them doing the fancy metalwork?
Cairo94507
Outstanding metal work. If you are building to that quality, this is going to be one hell of a fun project to watch come together and a great car when finished. Good luck. beerchug.gif
billium01
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 9 2019, 02:31 AM) *

Really nice work! Got some video of them doing the fancy metalwork?

no video unfortunately.
billium01
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 9 2019, 05:49 AM) *

Outstanding metal work. If you are building to that quality, this is going to be one hell of a fun project to watch come together and a great car when finished. Good luck. beerchug.gif

thankyou! got lots of cool stuff planned
billium01
Got all the flares on! Need some first class metal work done on your car I highly recommend these guys. Was gonna attempt this myself but I'm glad I left it up to the professionals. Well worth the investment. Click to view attachment
billium01
Another shot

Click to view attachment
billium01
These files are too big!

Click to view attachment
billium01
Sorry I wasn't able to document the process.

Click to view attachment
billium01
Got some cool bits coming in the mail. Almost the entire front lower trunk area from restoration designs. Got a nice front valance from Patrick motorsports. Ahhh and bigcats recommendation for a radiator too. Fun stuff!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
billium01
Question.......has anyone ever made a center tunnel for the radiator hoses? Could double as a center console to mount the shifter to. Or maybe just run the cooler water return line through that and run the hot water to the radiator under the passenger side rocker and through the foot well. Trying to not put hoses under the car being that it's gonna be pretty low to the ground.
Mayne
QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 15 2019, 08:09 PM) *

Another shot

Looks amazing! What are you going to do for the rockers?
billium01
QUOTE(Mayne @ Feb 15 2019, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 15 2019, 08:09 PM) *

Another shot

Looks amazing! What are you going to do for the rockers?

Thanks! My guys are going to flare the rockers next. I've read it's better to match the flare than buy some read made rocker flares. That front lower valance is a nice piece but turns out it has to be narrowed about an inch or so to match my flares.
billium01
We've got flare! Amazing how much you can get done when someone else is doing it. Hehe

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Krieger
Really nice work!
SirAndy
QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 8 2019, 02:18 PM) *
Derek and Bryce over at "OCD Customs" are doing an excellent job on the metal work.

Looks like they picked the perfect name for their shop, i can clearly see the OCD in their work!
smilie_pokal.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 23 2019, 06:18 AM) *

^ That looks like nice work!! welder.gif

See if they can add a way to close off the front of the new rocker, behind the wheel. Might save you some rust (or at least extra baggage in the form of leaves and rocks) down the road.

This is a cool project! smilie_pokal.gif
billium01
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 23 2019, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 8 2019, 02:18 PM) *
Derek and Bryce over at "OCD Customs" are doing an excellent job on the metal work.

Looks like they picked the perfect name for their shop, i can clearly see the OCD in their work!
smilie_pokal.gif

They're really cool! Glad I found em.
billium01
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 23 2019, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(billium01 @ Feb 23 2019, 06:18 AM) *

^ That looks like nice work!! welder.gif

See if they can add a way to close off the front of the new rocker, behind the wheel. Might save you some rust (or at least extra baggage in the form of leaves and rocks) down the road.

This is a cool project! smilie_pokal.gif

Top tip. Thanks so much!
Andyrew
Those flares and rocker work is spot on!!!
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 27 2015, 10:30 AM) *

If you can, I suggest driving it for a while with the stock motor. Far too many people buy the car and yank the drivetrain out first thing; they never get to drive it. Even the ones who finish the swap never get to enjoy the car the way it was originally designed, as a low-powered momentum-preserving grin machine.

Try it, you may like it...

--DD

BUMP
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Feb 24 2019, 10:21 AM) *

If you can, I suggest driving it for a while with the stock motor. Far too many people buy the car and yank the drivetrain out first thing; they never get to drive it. Even the ones who finish the swap never get to enjoy the car the way it was originally designed, as a low-powered momentum-preserving grin machine.

--DD

BUMP

I think he has progressed far beyond that point. smile.gif
billium01
More progress on the car! On to the front trunk. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
billium01
Sorry these photos aren't in chronological order. Some are from the dismantling I did 2 years ago and some are from today. Trunk is coming together. There was quite a bit of rust and some crash damage too. Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
billium01
Click to view attachment
Mayne
Looking great. This is going to be a nice car!
billium01
QUOTE(Mayne @ Mar 14 2019, 07:24 PM) *

Looking great. This is going to be a nice car!

Thanks!
billium01
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Feb 24 2019, 11:21 AM) *

--DD

BUMP

I've driven them both before. Almost bought Scott from renegade hybrids Orange peal a few years back. I drove a stock 1.7 machine too. They were both great! I like anything with an engine. I understand the idea of keeping things the way they were envisioned from the original idea. I like the idea of building unique things too. It's all conrods and poppet valves to me. Imagine a world without the Cobra. The car could easily be put back to all Porsche if anyone ever wanted to.
billium01
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

the car was more of a basket case than I originally thought

Click to view attachment

Car was placed on an exceptionally big heavy welding table and leveled. They added fixtures for all the critical points, suspension, engine mount, wheel hub etc...and started cutting out the bad. Thankfully the replacement metal that is not offered as new pieces (engine mount, and outer suspension console) were in good shape. Those were sent off to the sandblaster and positioned with the new metal. Challenger now is to get the inner wheel house piece into place and weld it all back together again. Thanks for looking!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billium01
Click to view attachment
billium01
Click to view attachment

Getting her buttoned back up again.
billium01
Click to view attachment inner long was a little rusty. Going to por-15 this area. It'll have a new sill threshold and outer long metal. Getting there!
tygaboy
You already know this but:
That is a series of repairs done right! aktion035.gif
Looks like someone is having fun building that car.
Keep the pics coming - we can't wait to see this one as you bring it back to life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.