Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear ratio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Is it possible to tell what the gear ratio is by these gears?
Flipped H, Z, N, and 1st gear lockout, 904 shaft, and intermediate plate.
r_towle
Not sure what you are trying to do here.
Take a look at Carquip, he has some gear charts that may help you with what you are seeking.
partwerks
Somebody was interested in the trans, and asked what the gear ratios were. That is what I am trying to find out is all.
brant
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 19 2015, 08:23 PM) *

Is it possible to tell what the gear ratio is by these gears?
Flipped H, Z, N, and 1st gear lockout, 904 shaft, and intermediate plate.

Yes. Very possible. All of those ratios are on line. Nice box! Nice parts not cheap. V8.
RJMII
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=79893

gear ratio chart in that thread
Dr Evil
You have 3 out of 4 gears listed. What is on the 904 shaft?

At least for posterity I can list the ratios here. What happened to the other two lists I sent over the last 5yrs when you were trying to sell?

Flipped H 32:19
N 23:29
Z 29:23

Still not sure how they are in your box.
Chris914n6
I thought the 904 shaft had no gear, thus 2nd could be anything one desired.

Somewhere there is an excel file with all the gearing goodies that BradHole posted. I'd post mine but it's gotten cluttered.
RJMII
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 19 2015, 11:01 PM) *

I thought the 904 shaft had no gear, thus 2nd could be anything one desired.

Somewhere there is an excel file with all the gearing goodies that BradHole posted. I'd post mine but it's gotten cluttered.

It's in that second link that I posted above.
partwerks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2015, 08:23 PM) *

At least for posterity I can list the ratios here. What happened to the other two lists I sent over the last 5yrs when you were trying to sell?

Only thing I have is what was listed in the emails, which is where the 3 gears were listed. I didn't see anything else.

I don't recall seeing any list.

Not unless it is this C gear?
C-N-Z-fH

Your gear box has nothing wrong with it, it is quite good and has a 904 shaft ($1800) with a C second gear ($800) and an LSD. Your box is very special. It does have the billet plate in it. I think it will do just fine with your engine. We will re-gear it, that is all.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 20 2015, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2015, 08:23 PM) *

Only thing I have is what was listed in the emails, which is where the 3 gears were listed. I didn't see anything else.

I don't recall seeing any list.

Not unless it is this C gear?
C-N-Z-fH

Your gear box has nothing wrong with it, it is quite good and has a 904 shaft ($1800) with a C second gear ($800) and an LSD. Your box is very special. It does have the billet plate in it. I think it will do just fine with your engine. We will re-gear it, that is all.

So, you did find the email that answered the question you posted twice and emailed me about 3-4 times over the last 5 years or so. Fantastic dry.gif
Dr Evil
BTW, prices of parts are subject to change and the 904 shaft can be gotten for much less on eBay, often,and i don't know what a good C gear is worth currently.

Price acordingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.