Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB targa top latch cups 2 for $17 $15 each after who needs them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2015, 09:48 AM) *

Get them while there hot

Mark,

Are these on your site now - I didn't see them. Thanks.
daraho9146
I'll take a set
trojanhorsepower
1 set
Rob-O
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2015, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(URO Parts @ Oct 19 2015, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Oct 19 2015, 04:19 PM) *

2 sets please!

Simply go to ..... and search for Part# ..... to purchase them. They'll ship out the same day!

If you want to pay more.
I'll drop pricing on any part URO makes to beat by 20% any one want show me any!

You're kidding, right? I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but I don't need any further monetary incentive to buy from 914Rubber. You guys do a good job of helping provide the community with NLA parts or items that are sub-par at other suppliers.

I'm okay with paying the agreed upon price for the GB.
Mikey914
I just see more and more items they are starting to make. Most of us know better, but it makes what I do harder to recover my tooling and expenses when I'm competing with a company that imports their parts.
Don't get me wrong I'm not stopping making parts but there are those that do not know any better.

Here's a new one Accelerator pedals URO parts sells for $22.99

On sale now for $18.40 !!

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-Gas-peda...m?categoryId=-1

Mikey914
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Oct 20 2015, 09:50 AM) *

2 sets please!

Simply go to ..... and search for Part# ..... to purchase them. They'll ship out the same day!

If you want to pay more.
I'll drop pricing on any part URO makes to beat by 20% any one want show me any!

You're kidding, right? I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but I don't need any further monetary incentive to buy from 914Rubber. You guys do a good job of helping provide the community with NLA parts or items that are sub-par at other suppliers.

The agreed price for the group buy is actually less than what they are selling for.
They list at $9.35 each. I'm selling a set at $15.
Rob-O

Oh, I get it. My point was that even if you were more expensive (and that seems to rarely be the case), I'd still go with you.
Mikey914
Thanks,
I really do appreciate the support. Just rubs me the wrong way to have URO stepping on my thread. My version of a virtual finger.
914outlaw

The agreed price for the group buy is actually less than what they are selling for.
They list at $9.35 each. I'm selling a set at $15.

[/quote]

I'll take 2 sets from Mark too please.
Mikey914
We have just finished the tooling and I'm going over after I get the dashes shipped out (tomorrow) to check fit and approve production. I'll have in hand in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Mark
lonewolfe
I agree! I'm sticking with you and your products! Made by you in the USA! Hard to beat that! Money isn't everything! You and the products I've bought from you, which are numerous, have been fantastic! You have a appreciative and loyal customer base for any of us that have been around awhile.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 20 2015, 10:06 AM) *

Mark,

Are these on your site now - I didn't see them. Thanks.

EDIT - I just read where you will PM those who want them when they are ready. Never mind... smile.gif
DarrenG
I'll take a set Mark.

Thanks
rmdinmd
914rubber makes great products and has fantastic customer service. first.gif
Mikey914
PM's sent to all who responded ...... well most of you. You know who you are. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Two sets ordered biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 21 2015, 03:19 PM) *

Two sets ordered biggrin.gif

Two sets ordered too! biggrin.gif
AZ914
Mark,
I'll take 1 set.. just looked at mine yesterday, kinda ugly.. lol
e_artiles
I'll take a set Mark.
Mike Bellis
Unfortunately I have a roll bar that sticks through this hole... sad.gif

I'm more bummed the Admin's deleted Uro's posts from the thread. I like a good bashing.

Long live 914 Rubber!
GregAmy
I'm not clear what's going on with these things...I've seen the posts where someone is offering "a few sets" for free to evaluate.

I'm not the type of person to go on a crusade. I'm really a big free market kinda guy and I think competition is good. But the efforts that Mark and his team have done to build parts for these cars truly deserves our support, as well as a sound rejection of what I perceive as guerrilla tactics.

I have absolutely no need for any of these parts (my cars' a "driver"); mine are actually is acceptable condition. But I'm right now going to 914rubber.com's group buy page and ordering a couple of these at whatever his current price is.

I'll support whomever is supporting the 914's continuing existence. But I'll soundly reject any tactics that I see as contradictory to the betterment of this small community.

GA
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 21 2015, 09:07 PM) *

I'm more bummed the Admin's deleted Uro's posts from the thread. I like a good bashing.

Long live 914 Rubber!

agree.gif I was looking forward to more fun.

I'm in for a set of these, Mark. May have to get a great deal on an MC, too. The free market is a beautiful thing smile.gif
GregAmy
Mark, can't find the link. Put me in for a pair to ship with the dashpad. No rush.

- GA, bummed he missed the deleted posts...anyone got a screen capture...?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 21 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Mark, can't find the link. Put me in for a pair to ship with the dashpad. No rush.

- GA, bummed he missed the deleted posts...anyone got a screen capture...?

Page 2 has a quote of the uro post, albeit edited.
Jett
100% Agree!!!

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Oct 20 2015, 09:50 AM) *

2 sets please!

If you want to pay more.

arsprod
Well one good effect of the controversy is it caught my eye and brought me to the thread! In for a set if GB is still on!
Mikey914
Yes These will now be at this price indefinitely ! The main production run is about 2 weeks out, but I did open up the item on the site. It will be back ordered until they are all ready, but I did ship out my production samples.
Mark
falcor75
I've spent more than a few thousand $'s with 914 rubber and I certainly wont stop now. You are my first stop when it comes to 914 parts and that wont change. Keep your prices fair as you've always done and we'll still give you our business.

(still waiting for the day when you start to make the rubber piece that goes into the top of the aluminium strut in the doors...)

smile.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2015, 10:30 AM) *
I just see more and more items they are starting to make. Most of us know better, but it makes what I do harder to recover my tooling and expenses when I'm competing with a company that imports their parts.
Don't get me wrong I'm not stopping making parts but there are those that do not know any better.

Here's a new one Accelerator pedals URO parts sells for $22.99

On sale now for $18.40 !!

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-Gas-peda...m?categoryId=-1
OOOOH ... I need to add one of these to my dash + misc goodies order. PM in the werks ... type.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 21 2015, 10:24 PM) *

I've spent more than a few thousand $'s with 914 rubber and I certainly wont stop now. You are my first stop when it comes to 914 parts and that wont change. Keep your prices fair as you've always done and we'll still give you our business.

(still waiting for the day when you start to make the rubber piece that goes into the top of the aluminium strut in the doors...)

smile.gif

Actually,
It's in the works now. Will take a little while as it's a complex part, but yes it's active.

Mark
maddin
oh..yes please...1 set!
falcor75
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2015, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 21 2015, 10:24 PM) *

smile.gif

Actually,
It's in the works now. Will take a little while as it's a complex part, but yes it's active.

Mark

pray.gif URO should be alot more scared of you than you ever need to be of them...
rick 918-S
Mark is building a business with our support. By now we all have to realize the effort he is making to not only bring us parts but bring us parts that exceed the oem quality. I purchase stuff in the GB even if I don't need the parts as a way of supporting the development costs. Anyone purchase rubber stuff from Moss Motors? most of it is just usable. Sure it's available but it's not always the best part. Mark understands were not just looking for parts. Were looking for good parts.
arsprod
I have an idea, let's all agree to make a monthly offering to 914rubber - a rubber tithe - and he just sends us whatever he's making at the moment. Kinda like the record clubs where you got a new surprise record each month!
Mikey914
I am rethinking my strategy on how I do things. I may want to think about doing the GBs after I have product in hand. It makes it harder to gauge interest, but it would avoid tipping my hat until the parts were in hand.

I don't really want to "commercialize" the site. The GB thing is nice in that it helps me to determine what everyone wants and intelligently discuss improvements biased upon the experience of many that have gone down that path. The take away from what discussions has been very helpful.

I may just stay the course but launch a counter attack by starting a "Friends don't let friends buy URO" campaign. Then again, it's like Beetlejuice, say the name enough and your helping.

I was thinking that the small parts I'm not currently making (that you know who is) I start making as a 914rubber branded product, this way I could sell these to AA, Pelican and the like, allowing for choice from some of these little things that there may not currently be a choice for.
arsprod
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2015, 10:47 AM) *

I am rethinking my strategy on how I do things. I may want to think about doing the GBs after I have product in hand. It makes it harder to gauge interest, but it would avoid tipping my hat until the parts were in hand.

FWIW, gb's on other forums happen both ways. I've bought things that didn't exist yet to support a vendor who was working on something AND vendors offer gb's on new stuff in hand as well as general specials. I don't think you have to limit it to one or the other... just don't stop doing them!!
UROpartsman
Firstly, I just want to apologize to Mikey914 for "hijacking" his thread. It won't happen again, hopefully everyone can appreciate another small business made up of people who love these cars and want to bring much needed parts back to life.

Justin
GermermanCarGuy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 22 2015, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(GermermanCarGuy @ Sep 22 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Before I jump on the band wagon here, can someone tell me what the functional purpose of these "little cups" are? I had originally planned on welding mine shut.

Comments? dry.gif

It's where the targa top front hood latches sit. You can't put your top in the rear trunk without them

Damn. If I keep doing this, there'll be nothing left for Christmas. santa_smiley.gif Put me in for a pair.

Socalandy
3 sets please
porbmw
THANKS, Mark, for doing these!

Two sets, please! beerchug.gif

Paul
Kansas 914
I received mine - they are spot on perfect!

Click to view attachment
arsprod
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 27 2015, 10:53 AM) *

I received mine - they are spot on perfect!

Click to view attachment

ooh, you bolted in your targa clips! I was going to rivet my new ones... your way is better
jacquot
I'll take two.
Thanks Mark
jimkelly
where on the site are these.

i think mike would sell more if product pics were larger, i'm old, my sight sucks. you yomg fellas have this to look forward to shades.gif
Mikey914
You can find them on my signature too

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=265091

Rob-O
So I just wanted to make a quick update on this. Just got a call from Mark. He wanted to thank me for the purchase. While I had him on the line I picked up a few other pieces that I needed (one of the parts I wanted showed as backordered on his site but he actually had one on hand).

It was nice chatting with him for a few minutes and was definitely cool to hear about the upcoming offerings he's got in the works.

Like I said in my previous post, I don't mind paying a little more for 914 Rubber products. The parts are always sorely needed, they're great quality and the customer service has always been great. This is the kind of place I like spending my money.

Thanks again for the call, Mark. And keep up the good work!
Eric_Shea
Six sets if you have them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.