Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: BACK IN BLACK! from black plague to "Black Beauty"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DRPHIL914
righ side under
DRPHIL914
dry.gif
DRPHIL914
blink.gif
DRPHIL914
Big change from before
DRPHIL914
Drivers side Jack triangle had rusted off completely , tube was gone as you see from the previous picture
DRPHIL914
New floor pan pieces!
tygaboy
Right on! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
So nice to see clean, new metal!
Keep it going, we'll be watchin'...
Chris
DRPHIL914
Inside picture of new door area- also new cross member- new seat bracket and hinge. This area was rusted thru under the seat and the cross member cut and lowered to fit 993 seats at one time, now along with the longs and Jack points all repaired by CFR-
Thought I would rewire the heated seats as I am cleaning up and putting rugs back in place - the wiring you see on floor is for the heat pads that were put in when I did the 914rubber seat kits I will later on put some sound pad under there but I don't have time now and it reall does not make that much difference-
DRPHIL914
Cross member
DRPHIL914
smile.gif
DRPHIL914
Front carpet center console back in
DRPHIL914
Front carpet center console back in
And the the coco mats whic are very thick and serve to add a lot of insulation and sound deadening property, while providing a very pleasant visual experience rolleyes.gif
DRPHIL914
I'm not really satisfied with the level of support in the seal cushion- it's the original foam and my butt was really sore after driving the car back to SC 1000 miles last week from CT! So the bottom cushion will come out and get a new pad but for tonight it goes back in the car as I need to do some rest driving-
DRPHIL914
Oh and I replaced the fuel pump today- it was making a lot of noise and I kept getting a wired hesitation here and there- already had adjusted the tops which got rid of the slight issue at 3000 rpm and now the idle circuit is engaged so I can adjust the idle at the ecu now-
I did drive this car to church today, so it for me there but it will be interesting to see if the new pump makes a difference- i was a brand new Bosch , old one was after market - i didn't take a picture of it as I was getting gas all over me trying to get that input hose hooked up fast- able to pull mine out the mini access door in the front trunk since last time the tank was out I made sure the lines were long enough to to pull it out but short enough not to kink up-
DRPHIL914
New pump
DRPHIL914
Center console cushion was with car when I got it - probably not original but nice- is old but vinyl is still flexible- it's an early pattern, different than my dash face
DRPHIL914
Sweats back in with xcoco mats and fire extinguisher
Hope I don't need that!
DRPHIL914
Proof of the oil cooler fan that went in yesterday
DRPHIL914
Wires for the heated seats were too short to reach the way the console was - the on off switches were up on top- I flipped the panel 180 degrees and turned the gauges around- now the a/f meter is on bottom- oil temp on top-

So if anyone reads this that has a VDO gauge, I'd like to acquire one- my sender is a VDO and does not read correct with this gauge- it's between 30 and 40 degrees higher than actual temp.
So also need a period correct radio and panel ! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
One last item- I made a template that will get sent to cocomats tomorrow- for front trunk to match the others
DRPHIL914
I never liked how the d board and mat fit in front -

And just tested the fuel pimp and not noise other one I could hear above the engine noise! I think it was a matter of time--- anyway - more to follow this week as I try and time another mps- or I'd unsuccessful it's on it's way to Jeff B.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.