Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible new GB 1.8 intake "Elbow Tube"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
orthobiz
Great! I can stop posting reminders on this thread!!

Paul
Mikey914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Dec 14 2016, 06:45 AM) *

You mentioned that you were making them for AA or was is the other way around?

Anyway, I tried several times to contact you guys and could not wait. After 2 months of no activity on this post and no replies, I bought the '75 version from AA. As luck would have it, I wake up this morning to your notice that yours are ready. dry.gif

So the question is, will the AA one be the same as what you are selling?

We started to make these in house, had problems with the tool, was approached by AA, and gave them conditional support to make these. The quality on these is good. Many of our products take a long time to develop and make. I have no less than 12 projects going right now that are months out. It's a balance, this one George made the part overseas, and it turned out good. Our support was to delay the tooling we started that was going to take several thousand more to complete.

So tell me more about contacting us? We have an answering service that if Scott doesn't pick up roll over to a message. We don't return calls without messages, perhaps that was it? We have invested significantly into our infrastructure, and have more you will see soon.

Yes you can buy from me or AA, but your support will allow us to continue to make more parts. And yes AA has been buying parts from us too.
malcolm2
I did not pick up the phone and call. Best I can remember, I sent emails to 2 or 3 email addresses I have accumulated from ordering 914Rubber stuff and I bumped this posting a few times.

Not a big deal either way, but I did want to know if they were the same product.

FEEDBACK: I got mine from AA (sorry) yesterday. It is 100% better looking than their website photo.

The material is very flexible, and seems slightly thinner that my current elbow. I did get the '75 model and the lower hole is the same size as the upper... smaller than the 74 lower. I am sure it would have added lots of cost, but there is no designation of "TOP" on this new one. I am smart enough to figure out the top, some people may not be. blink.gif
Rob-O
Just wanted to provide some feedback on this. I received mine today from 914Rubber. Part was very well made. Definitely a softer material than my original part. It was difficult to get the old metal sleeves out of the old elbow, but fairly easy to get them in the new elbow. I cleaned them up a bit with sandpaper and then put a slight bit of hand soap on the metal sleeves to help ease installation.

As mentioned the new part doesn't have the word "Top" molded into it, but I feel like at this point in time anyone messing with this part understands it's orientation. Especially if you're comparing to the old part in the car. Also, the orientation is obvious on the elbows with the two different sized vacuum line holes.

I'd recommend this part to anyone who has L-Jet. I've heard more than a few stories about how the old ones fail in the bellows area, and on the bottom of the elbow. Both locations that would make it difficult to identify a leak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.