914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Big Len
Add me to the list.
jonferns
I'm in for one as well
bretth
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 5 2015, 05:53 AM) *

Not too late. Drawing done, tooling started !!!
biggrin.gif

Awesome because mine is ripping open. Another valuable 914 Rubber part to keep us on the road.

Brett
hqbibb
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2015, 08:27 AM) *

It's the 1.8 elbow that has multiple fittings If there is enough interest I'll make these.
Who needs one?

I'm in for one. Where do I send the money?
orthobiz
Weekly elbow bump. Bring it on!

Paul
alfadoc
Yeah, really need this part. Mine is all duct taped together.
Mikey914
We are woking on these now, it will be mid February and we will have them.
nihil44
Mark,

I have seen some attempts at repro's of these but have not taken into account the flange or collar on the metal outlet/inlet tube on the side of the elbow.

This flange is a bitch tight fit in the rubber take off tube on the side of the boot in its original configuration. The copyists have just made a straight take off tube with no allowance for the flange on the metal tube. If you are lucky enough to have a metal take off tube of the right diameter, it won't have the retention that the factory metal tube has with an integral collar and will have a tendency to shake off. Not a good place to be.

I will take one of these. I don't need it but am happy to make up the numbers necessary to make it viable.

I appreciate your previously making the seal for the throttle body for the 1.8 even though the demand was low. I think you said at the time that somebody obviously needs one (me), and so you responded with the product.

Thanks for your efforts Mark. I admire your contempt for the concept of 'Unobtanium'

David
orthobiz
Can't wait till February!

Paul
RohJay
Bump.
Hey Mikey914, are we on target for delivery mid February?
Rob-O
Is take one or two. Seriously thinking about putting the L-Jet I have in a box back on the car.
Mikey914
Still working on this one. The tooling will be a bit more complicated than planned, Probably closer to May. I will keep you all posted.
RRietman
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 31 2016, 08:24 AM) *

Still working on this one. The tooling will be a bit more complicated than planned, Probably closer to May. I will keep you all posted.

I'm in for one as well.
Thanks
Randy
orthobiz
I waited almost two months before bringing this thread up to the top of the list again. It had fallen to page 9 in my browser. Anyway, May can't come soon enough! Thanks for sticking with this, Mikey/Mark!

Paul
Rob-O
Any update on this, Mark?
Geezer914
I'll take one, count me in.
74 sunflower 914
I will take one for a '74.
Mikey914
Thousands in tooling to pull the trigger and trying to get a few other items done before I do these. They will get done, but I have another project that I need to complete 1st.
mark
Rob-O
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 21 2016, 11:01 PM) *

Thousands in tooling to pull the trigger and trying to get a few other items done before I do these. They will get done, but I have another project that I need to complete 1st.
mark

In a past life one of the laboratories I ran did injection molding of parts about this size. So I've got a pretty good idea of what you're tooling costs might be on this project. in the meantime I'll look forward to whatever the current project is.

Not to derail this thread, but did you ever put together a vacuum hose kit? I thought in another thread that you mentioned having the hoses, but just needing to 'kit them up' before they would be available.

Might be a good opportunity to package the vacuum lines and FI elbow together. Kind of a 'get rid of your vacuum leaks once and for all' kind of thing.
Mikey914
Yes, I did get the hoses, and yes I still need to "kit" them. Too many things going on and limited time some projects have been sidelined. Let me know which configureation you need and I can see if one of my guys can take care of this.
Mark
Any updates? Thanks
Mikey914
Just getting my house in order and we have a project planning meeting this next week. We have invested enough into this that we will move forward, but until I see where we are with a few other items I don't want to tie up the cash yet.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 22 2016, 07:01 PM) *

mark

Are you still getting the relay boards covers underway? thanks.
Mikey914
Early is done and up on the site now.
orthobiz
Some of the later posts are a bit confusing AND
It is May (already) AND
I am keeping my 1.8 liter after all (I was getting a 2.0 but...)

SO

Any update on the elbow tube?

Thanks, Mark, as always.

Paul
Yes, any updates / eta?
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2015, 06:27 AM) *

It's the 1.8 elbow that has multiple fittings If there is enough interest I'll make these.
Who needs one?

Any updates icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Mikey914
Trying to justify at least $15k in tooling for this. Just not there yet. I can and will eventually do these, just a matter of cash flow. More than likely I will be looking for a write off end of the year and that may be where we go. I would like to do so before this, but I can't see the return penciling out quite yet. I don't mind going long on $2k worth of tooling, but this is a bit much to bit off right now.
Mueller
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 24 2016, 12:38 PM) *

Trying to justify at least $15k in tooling for this. Just not there yet. I can and will eventually do these, just a matter of cash flow. More than likely I will be looking for a write off end of the year and that may be where we go. I would like to do so before this, but I can't see the return penciling out quite yet. I don't mind going long on $2k worth of tooling, but this is a bit much to bit off right now.

Need any help with making the tooling or is that all done by the injection company?

I'm ordering a new CNC mill next week and will be looking for some small jobs to help pay for it...I work cheap! smile.gif
Mikey914
I usually do my stuff inhouse. This one is quite complicated with 4 slides the way I would do it. So I'm contactracting it out which is part of the higher cost.
orthobiz
Uh oh, my once monthly bump!

Paul
orthobiz
I still need two...bump!

Paul
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 13 2016, 12:41 PM) *

I still need two...bump!

Paul

Im afraid you and I plus other members have been waiting since late 2015 too
Mikey914
Not an easy mold in hard tooling. Not off the radar, but on the back burner.
Many of my parts do take years to develop, you just don't always see the time line.
Mark
Mikey914
I've been playing around with the tooling on these for some time, and came to the conclusion that for what its going to take to do these we will be in so deep it will impede the production of other parts.

New Flash -

George at AA wanted to take these on and to get the parts made I have made a committed purchase based upon the quality being acceptable. So these will get made, in fact they will be ready very soon and from what I've heard they will be an acceptable product.

I will wait to take any money until I have parts in hand, but figured that If I'm banging my head on these I might as well help the cause.

They will be $42 each when ready, more to follow soon.
Both versions of the 1.8 will be supported

1974 Porsche 914 1.8 022 129 967t

1975 Porsche 914 1.8 022 129 967aa
malcolm2
I would certainly like one for my '75. Are there enough being made for the late arrivals to the GB post?

I looked for the 2 part #s and can't see a difference.

Clark
Rob-O
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 5 2016, 12:21 PM) *

I would certainly like one for my '75. Are there enough being made for the late arrivals to the GB post?

I looked for the 2 part #s and can't see a difference.

Clark

Read through the thread about the differences...
Mikey914
Yes there are some differences and we will have both
orthobiz
Umm...did you say George?

Paul
Mikey914
Uhhh.... Yeah.

Matt had a conversation with him, and turns out he was working on these. So, I offered support pending the quality of the product. This was one we couldn't make in house, and was gong to be a big tooling cost. I'm sure his source is offshore, but if he can get it right (and we have yet to see). I would purchase a bulk of these from him. I really wanted to get these made, however strategically it was better to offer him support than URO.

George is George, and maybe this will not work out, but I'm hoping we can play nice together on these and get a part into the hands of those that need them. If I get burned, only time will tell, but worth a shot.

The market is small on these but again they are needed. If we can join together to keep prices down, it's worthwhile. You can buy from him or me, but I'm putting these out there at the GB price. His may be more and after the GB I'm sure they will go up.

I'll post pictures as soon as I have them.
orthobiz
I am in for two!
1974 model.

Paul
Valy
I bought one elbow from AA few years ago. It looks like its a reproduction so I would assume the new ones will be from the same source.
Here is my verdict: The part is fully functional. I did have to use a size reduction coupler on the top vacuum hose but that was not a deal braker ('74 model). Aesthetically, the part is a 9 but nothing major and again, fully functional.
For all of those that have a cracked boot, this is a must for you.
Mikey914
These are supposedly a new source. I will be checking them out prior to selling any. I don't sell junk. I know the reputation, and will not sell it if it's garbage. My continued purchases are conditional so it's in his best interest to get these right. This is a bigger picture thing, if we can work together on this it's possible that more good will come from it. Only time will tell.
malcolm2
Any word on this part?
porbmw
Do not know how I missed this thread

But I am in for one, for my daughters 74

Thx
Mikey914
The elbows are in I have both the 022.129.967 (one large and one small hole) and the 022.129.967T with the 2 larger holes

Both on the site and ready to ship.

I have looked these over and checked fits with the metal tubes. The only possible issie is the holes are not as tight as the OEM. They are reasonable, and usable, but that's the only real variation I can see on these.

You can find them here.

(fixed thanks)
One link with choice of which one you need.
http://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...ds=+022.129.967

It's been a long journey on these.
75914-L20C
Thank you, Mark!!! Your work is appreciated very much!

(Both of your links point to the different size holes tube)

The both larger hole link is

http://shop.914rubber.com/18-intake-Plenum...m?categoryId=-1
Mikey914
PMs sent to all thanks
ChrisFoley
Ordered.
Thanks Mark!
malcolm2
You mentioned that you were making them for AA or was is the other way around?

Anyway, I tried several times to contact you guys and could not wait. After 2 months of no activity on this post and no replies, I bought the '75 version from AA. As luck would have it, I wake up this morning to your notice that yours are ready. dry.gif

So the question is, will the AA one be the same as what you are selling?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.