Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible new GB 1.8 intake "Elbow Tube"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
It's the 1.8 elbow that has multiple fittings If there is enough interest I'll make these.
Who needs one?
davesprinkle
I'm in.

(Also, my buddy with an L-jet transporter needs one. But I'm not sure if it's the same part for that application.)
ChrisFoley
Make it and they will come. smile.gif
Chris H.
agree.gif Don't have my 1.8 any more or I would be all over this. A lot of people don't realize theirs is cracked. All it takes is a hair line and your idle is screwy. For $45 just CHANGE IT.
pete000
Mine has a loose breather fitting, I would be in for one !
echocanyons
I'm in for one
timothy_nd28
I strongly urge all Ljet owners to buy one of these! This is typical the source of tiny nuisance vacuum leaks.
RohJay
Count me in Mark. Thanks
Mueller
Someone in another thread mentioned there is a difference between the part for MY74 and MY75?

If so, you'd want to make sure it fits both year models.
catsltd
Ill take one also.
If you cant get enuff people charge more.
Some of us really need one,and are willing to pay for one.
Cheers
2ma2
I'll Take one also

Mikey914
The part number I'm looking at is 022.129.967T The P is for the 1.7, so these for 1.8 are all the same from what I can see. I would be very surprised that for such a short run they made changes. Anyone have a different part number of theirs?
Paging Brad Mayer
Jett
I'll take one
JB620
Count me in too please. Thanks Mark
75914-L20C
Cool! I was about to suggest that you reproduce this part! This, plus a $1000 2.0L rebuild kit. (J/K smile.gif )

I have 2 styles of the intake elbow here. 022.129.967T has a larger (~24mm) upper fitting hole and the 022.129.967 (no T) has a smaller (~16mm) fitting hole. I have the 022.129.967T on my '75 1.8L. I don't know what uses the non-T part.

I am definitely in for the 022.129.967T with the larger upper fitting.

- Pete

022.129.967T above, 022.129.967 below

Click to view attachment
orthobiz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2015, 08:21 PM) *

The part number I'm looking at is 022.129.967T The P is for the 1.7, so these for 1.8 are all the same from what I can see. I would be very surprised that for such a short run they made changes. Anyone have a different part number of theirs?
Paging Brad Mayer

He's in South Africa for vacation.

Paul
orthobiz
I am in for two!

Paul
orthobiz
QUOTE(75914-L20C @ Oct 30 2015, 08:27 PM) *

Cool! I was about to suggest that you reproduce this part! This, plus a $1000 2.0L rebuild kit. (J/K smile.gif )

I have 2 styles of the intake elbow here. 022.129.967T has a larger (~24mm) upper fitting hole and the 022.129.967 (no T) has a smaller (~16mm) fitting hole. I have the 022.129.967T on my '75 1.8L. I don't know what uses the non-T part.

I am definitely in for the 022.129.967T with the larger upper fitting.

- Pete

022.129.967T above, 022.129.967 below

Click to view attachment

Is it possible the picture on the bottom has the right metal tube fitting in place and despite the different part numbers, they really are the same? Looks like that picture may be perfectly looking down the barrel of the metal fitting...

Paul
Porschef
I don't know if these are even available as OEM anymore, but like our dashes, I'd think even if they were, they'd be a crackin' in a short time.

For 45 bucks? I'm in beerchug.gif
davesprinkle

Is it possible the picture on the bottom has the right metal tube fitting in place and despite the different part numbers, they really are the same? Looks like that picture may be perfectly looking down the barrel of the metal fitting...

Paul

No. This is not an optical illusion. I can confirm there are two different elbows. They differ in the diameter of that port. The large port version is from '75 & '76. The small port version is '74. I used a large-port version on my '74, but had to get a fitting manufactured to step down the diameter so that my vent line would fit.
914fahrer
If it is possible to send it to Germany. I`m in for one
Mikey914
Shipping to Germany is not a problem.
I can make both versions. Not too much difference. Good to know applications. Just need a few more to make this viable.
Mark
orthobiz
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Nov 1 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Paul

No. This is not an optical illusion. I can confirm there are two different elbows. They differ in the diameter of that port. The large port version is from '75 & '76. The small port version is '74. I used a large-port version on my '74, but had to get a fitting manufactured to step down the diameter so that my vent line would fit.

Thanks. The metal tube fitting near the TOP side on mine is 22mm, same size as the oil filler breather.

Paul
Grump
I placed a WTB elbow hose for my 75 1.8. A member sent me one, and it's the one on the right. My old elbow is on the left.

The part number with the T suffix, is for a 74 which he sent me. Without the T is for a 75.

As you can see the "Y" fitting has to fit in the large hole. The "T" hose hole isn't big enough.

Bill

Click to view attachment
75914-L20C
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Nov 1 2015, 09:28 AM) *

Paul

No, there is no fitting in place, it is just the bare elbow.

- Pete
bobh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2015, 08:27 AM) *

It's the 1.8 elbow that has multiple fittings If there is enough interest I'll make these.
Who needs one?

Still excited about receiving my new dash. Might as well double the excitement. I'm good for one. I think it's great that you are reproducing much needed parts. A big Thank You! for all you do.
DRPHIL914
Mark I will take one as well for my build challenge car.
bretth
Awesome. I need one for my 1975 1.8 please. You rock.

Brett
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 30 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Someone in another thread mentioned there is a difference between the part for MY74 and MY75?

74 and 75 are different. One of the plug in pipes is a different size. The mold should be msde for the larger size and a reducer insert used for the snaller size.
Bruce
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 2 2015, 05:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 30 2015, 04:21 PM) *

74 and 75 are different. One of the plug in pipes is a different size. The mold should be msde for the larger size and a reducer insert used for the snaller size.
Bruce

Exactly my plan.
DenjaCol
Sounds good, count me in too. Mine looks okay but the metal fitting does twist pretty easy. I have a 1974 1.8 with the 22 mm fitting at the top, BTW is that 22mm hose available? Anywhere??
pete000
QUOTE(DenjaCol @ Nov 2 2015, 10:30 PM) *
BTW is that 22mm hose available? Anywhere??

I was just trying to find this. Not even listed in the Porsche PET catalog.

Mine is OEM cloth covered and it is really hard as a rock. I have seen lots of make shift replacements, but noting nice as the stock formed hose so far.

ClayPerrine
I would buy 2 of them. I for use, and one for a spare.

For Betty's car.......
rdgabert
I would take one for a '74.

Thank you for doing this,
Robert
motorvated
Count me in for one for a '75.
914Sixer
Could the VW bus guys use them over on theSamba ? That might be another market for the hoses.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 3 2015, 10:23 PM) *

Could the VW bus guys use them over on theSamba ? That might be another market for the hoses.

I think there's a difference to the bus intake boots.
But there may be a similar demand.
orthobiz
Only 38 posts means less than 50 takers (unless we all buy two)...

Paul
74ravenna
I'll take one for my 74 1.8.

Thanks
orthobiz
Weekly bump. Hey Mikey, how many more before you make this??

Paul
bigkensteele
I will take one for my 75, even though I am converting to a six. I would like to see these reproduced, as I believe that L-Jet is the way to go on a four.
Mikey914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Nov 15 2015, 04:04 PM) *

Paul

Just about there to start the drawings. I'm willing to make these as they are needed. I just need to make it pencil out.
orthobiz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 17 2015, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Nov 15 2015, 04:04 PM) *

Paul

Just about there to start the drawings. I'm willing to make these as they are needed. I just need to make it pencil out.

Brad Mayeur told me he would keep some on hand also. Thanks!

Paul
Mikey914
I have started the drawings, will be about 2 weeks with the holidays.
pilothyer
Count me in for one for the 75
alfadoc
I'm in for my '75
johannes
May be interrested as I ordered a used one for the same price from a forum member six month ago and was never delivered ! sad.gif
brooks944
I'm also in for one for my '75 if it's not too late.
Mikey914
Not too late. Drawing done, tooling started !!!
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.