Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update for WCR 2016 in White City Oregon- Dates to follow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JRust
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 15 2015, 02:42 PM) *

Jamie: Will you have the trailer-BarBQue again ? That was a nice touch.....Did Drew bring that ? And, are you looking at the La Quinta again ?

I'll be looking at La Quinta as first choice. The BBQ trailer was Drew & would be awesome. We will see what happens there. Not sure he has access to it or can come yet
rhodyguy
If heading south from western wa you need to be south of the Oregon I5/205 merge before 6ish am or after 9am. Near unbearable traffic in a 914 during the commute. Nice drive other than the boring run from pdx to cottage grove.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(JTdevine @ Nov 14 2015, 05:35 PM) *

This is my first time chiming in on something, been working on my 914 for last 2 years finally completed early september. Would really like to attend this and meet some people in my area that are going and possibly caravan? Cant wait

Welcome!! You don't want to miss this gathering. We had a blast last time!! driving.gif
RoadGlue
That's a great track! Raced it two different occasions, but... but... I was driving FIATS. Hope to have a running 914 by next summer. :-(
JRust
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 16 2015, 12:22 PM) *

That's a great track! Raced it two different occasions, but... but... I was driving FIATS. Hope to have a running 914 by next summer. :-(

I'll let you take a run in mine if not biggrin.gif . You just need to be there driving.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 16 2015, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 16 2015, 12:22 PM) *

I'll let you take a run in mine if not biggrin.gif . You just need to be there driving.gif

Thanks!

beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Nov 11 2015, 04:16 PM) *

Thinking I might head up I-5 with an overnight camping stop north of Redding. Castle Crags state park looks promising.

Yeah, Castle Crags is a great stopover spot.
JTdevine
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Nov 16 2015, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(JTdevine @ Nov 14 2015, 05:35 PM) *

This is my first time chiming in on something, been working on my 914 for last 2 years finally completed early september. Would really like to attend this and meet some people in my area that are going and possibly caravan? Cant wait

Welcome!! You don't want to miss this gathering. We had a blast last time!! driving.gif

Thanx for the welcome did u drive all the way last time? How long of a drive?
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 13 2015, 09:10 AM) *

"How about we see how much a full truck to ship cars is... idea.gif "

I like this idea... A car carrier full of 914s from So.Cal. and plane ticket for me...

Good idea +two cars for me. I did the drive from SoCal its fun some great stops if you have the time and plan your trip well. Key word TIME!
JRust
Heard from Darrel. He met with the committee for the track. We won't hear back for approval dates until the end of the month. Sorry to keep everyone waiting for the date. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the track at this point. Still far enough away it isn't a huge problem. We won't make the cutoff for getting it in the 2016 calendar unfortunately sad.gif
Chris914n6
Events are half the reason I buy a 914 calendar. The other half is motivational photos smile.gif

Hold the presses!!!
MartyYeoman
Any word on dates yet? confused24.gif
JRust
Darrell did send me an email saying he is still waiting for Karters to finalize the dates for the track. Was supposed to be the end of november. All I got was it will be soon dry.gif . Sorry to keep you all waiting. Something out of my control but we want the track so just have to wait
MartyYeoman
hissyfit.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 11 2015, 02:05 PM) *

A tad too far for an old Fart like me. That would be 4 days drive time for us. But I'm still enjoying the last one so I'll watch this one from the sidelines, Jamie. Take lots of pics and Videos at the track please. sad.gif

Four days? From Temecula to Oregon? Do you have to stop often to add water? av-943.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 6 2015, 10:39 AM) *

A tad too far for an old Fart like me. That would be 4 days drive time for us. But I'm still enjoying the last one so I'll watch this one from the sidelines, Jamie. Take lots of pics and Videos at the track please. sad.gif

Four days? From Temecula to Oregon? Do you have to stop often to add water? av-943.gif

No,he has to stop often to pee #water poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Dec 6 2015, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 6 2015, 10:39 AM) *

No,he has to stop often to pee #water poke.gif

Travel time doubles when traveling with a split tail. When solo, I never make pit stops. Just stay back a safe distance! shades.gif
RoadGlue
Bummmmp. Any word on the dates?

Thanks!
JRust
We tentatively have the track for June 17th. Which would put the dates at June 16-19th. He had mentioned that was the weekend of their big car show in Medford. That may work for us or against us. So I told him to find out for sure. We had an option in May too. I'll get the best date & let you all know once it is really confirmed
914work
June aktion035.gif
wes
June agree.gif
G e o r g e
those June dates kill my chance to go as school ends on the 16th here.
jim_hoyland
I like May; schools are still in session, summer travel hasn't quite started, and room rates haven't ramped up for summer vacationers. My $0.02. smile.gif

And: Porsche Parade starts the 17th of June.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 14 2015, 04:08 PM) *
I like May; schools are still in session, summer travel hasn't quite started, and room rates haven't ramped up for summer vacationers. My $0.02. smile.gif

agree.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 14 2015, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 14 2015, 04:08 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif as well. + driving up I5 through Redding is less likely to cause heat stroke in May... So you're up to 6 cents!
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Looking forward to it!
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif
MartyYeoman
popcorn[1].gif
RickS
Ave temps in Medford mid-June are low to mid 80s. Sounds comfy. May is high 60s to low 70s.
JRust
Okay latest date is May 20th for the track. Which would put WCR being May 19th-22nd. Once again this isn't confirmed yet. Have to wait through 2 different groups to get it approved. I'm going to assume after x-mas as it has been slow every step of the way dry.gif . As long as we get the track I'm fine. We'll just have to cross our fingers & hope for warm weather.

So I know I can't please everyone with the date. Let's keep the bitching to a minimum poke.gif lol-2.gif . Once the date is set. MAKE IT WORK happy11.gif . This will be the best WCR in 2016 guaranteed w00t.gif
ben*james
No worries, we are getting our yearly dose of rain right now headbang.gif

See you in either May or June beerchug.gif
wes
God don't let it rain I don't want my car ever to get wet again. I fear rust terribly and she's all shiny and new. hissyfit.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 23 2015, 02:05 PM) *

Okay latest date is May 20th for the track. Which would put WCR being May 19th-22nd. Once again this isn't confirmed yet. Have to wait through 2 different groups to get it approved. I'm going to assume after x-mas as it has been slow every step of the way dry.gif . As long as we get the track I'm fine. We'll just have to cross our fingers & hope for warm weather.

So I know I can't please everyone with the date. Let's keep the bitching to a minimum poke.gif lol-2.gif . Once the date is set. MAKE IT WORK happy11.gif . This will be the best WCR in 2016 guaranteed w00t.gif

cheer.gif santa_smiley.gif beerchug.gif
72914wrx
What about people that would prefer drives instead of track time ? Will there be any group drives that will be offered as an alternative? I would personally like to see more of Oregon since I've never been there before. I know that you can't please everyone but I liked the drives that we took last year at San Simeon.
JRust
QUOTE(72914wrx @ Dec 24 2015, 11:13 AM) *

What about people that would prefer drives instead of track time ? Will there be any group drives that will be offered as an alternative? I would personally like to see more of Oregon since I've never been there before. I know that you can't please everyone but I liked the drives that we took last year at San Simeon.

Yes there will be drives both Saturday & even sunday. We will have alternatives for anyone not interested in doing the track. Although I would highly recommend doing it. It's a closed track & we don't have to work cones. All you have to do is drive & have a fun. It is a blast & just as much fun watching others do it.
ConeDodger
Since 1980 I have been tearing around cone courses 12 to 20 times a year and more recently, doing track days. That said, with all of that seat time at autocrosses and track events, one of the most memorable was the last White City event. If I were you, I wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm sure there will be a drive up and down the mountain but that track? Not to be missed! driving.gif
72914wrx
Sweet looking forward to 2016.
Mikey914
Working on solidifying the hotel. I should have the numbers in the next few days after Jamie confirms the tentative dates.
MartyYeoman
How's it going? confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(72914wrx @ Dec 24 2015, 11:13 AM) *

The last WCR at White City I spent a day at the track (watching) and a drive to Crater Lake. Lots of good drives in southern Oregon. biggrin.gif We even had fireworks in the parking lot. No... Actual fireworks. (Thanks Amoy) av-943.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jan 3 2016, 11:15 AM) *

How's it going? confused24.gif

Still waiting. They are having some typical politics for getting dates. I'd say we are 90% sure we have May 20th for our track day. Wich give us the 19th-22nd of may as our dates. Sorry it's taking so long. Unfortunately the track dates are out of our hands. We have our request in. They are just being extremely slow getting them secured. Couple of the entities involved having some issues getting along. Anyway I've been told it should be squared away this week. I'm not holding my breath as I've heard that before sad.gif
Mikey914
I have secured the hotel at $79 a night if we can finalize the date. It's set up for the 19-22nd. May be able to move depending on what they have going, but the sooner the better.

http://rogueregency.com/

hndyhrr
Awesome, five min. From my house.
Mikey914
There's a back parking lot we've been told we can use, as well as having an RV out there for "security"
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jan 4 2016, 12:42 PM) *

So are you staying at the hotel??? av-943.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 4 2016, 12:08 PM) *

I have secured the hotel at $79 a night if we can finalize the date. It's set up for the 19-22nd. May be able to move depending on what they have going, but the sooner the better.

Looks a little too nice for this gang of rogues Mark! blink.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 4 2016, 08:46 AM) *

Probably not, like my own bed

Anything I can do let me know
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jan 4 2016, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 4 2016, 08:46 AM) *

Probably not, like my own bed

Anything I can do let me know

You're in charge of beer. evilgrin.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 4 2016, 08:52 AM) *

You're in charge of beer. evilgrin.gif
You got it. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 4 2016, 08:08 AM) *

Business must good if your paying for everyone's hotel rooms. av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.