Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update for WCR 2016 in White City Oregon- Dates to follow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JRust
Okay so WCR is happening in 2016. I have a good crew of folks who are helping with the planning. Planning hasn't started in earnest as I have been waiting to get a date secured for the track. I talked with Darrell last night & he is currently getting dates set for next year. It will be in mid-May to early June. That is what I had in mind anyway. Until I have the official date secured with them. The date is in flux but will be dictated by when we can get the track. So that is why the date is to follow. I may know this week but most likely next week I will have the date.

I know plenty are wondering so just wanted to get an update up for it. I will make an official thread for WCR once the track is secured evilgrin.gif .

The AutoX on a Friday will be at the track shown in the photo below. The great thing with the track is we don't have to work cones in between runs. We all just get to drive & enjoy it. We set it up officially as a test day. We still get all our times & keep track. Just isn't part of any official race schedule. So no points for those running full seasons. We will still have tech inspections so all rigs have to pass the tech to run on the track. The nice thing with the test day is it allows us to take an "instructor". This constituted the person sitting in the passenger seat having a helmet also evilgrin.gif . We will have the track from 8am to 4pm. Plenty of time for us all to get in quite a few runs. Our day is setup for fun. I hope to get a few more wives running this year too. My Family will be joining in the fun at the track driving.gif . So I know my car will get plenty of use on the track & not just from me!

So to wet your WCR whistle this thread is a teaser until I have the official Friday to secure the WCR dates cheer.gif
jim_hoyland
Great news !
ConeDodger
happy11.gif
EdwardBlume
Cool. I'm going. aktion035.gif
MartyYeoman
Can't wait!! driving.gif
PanelBilly
We were just talking about this yesterday. Maybe I can finely drive a 914 to one of these events
McMark
Maybe I can finely drive a 914 to one of these events
Is that like being a good driver? Or rather a fine driver? Don't wanna be too good so just shoot for fine. av-943.gif Okay, now I can finally leave you alone. poke.gif

I will definitely be there. I'm not going to let a little thing like 2500miles stand between me and that track. happy11.gif
wes
Ill be there in my 914!
Good to hear that the 2500 mile trip is in your plan Mark!
aircooledtechguy
piratenanner.gif

I probably won't be there in my 914 this time since the motor is finally getting tired after 375K(!) miles. But I'll come in something track-able. driving.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 11 2015, 02:33 PM) *

Is that like being a good driver? Or rather a fine driver? Don't wanna be too good so just shoot for fine. av-943.gif Okay, now I can finally leave you alone. poke.gif

I will definitely be there. I'm not going to let a little thing like 2500miles stand between me and that track. happy11.gif

Fly to Reno, co-drive my car, again? We can shoot for driving finely!
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 11 2015, 09:25 AM) *
The AutoX on a Friday will be at the track shown in the photo below.

Love that track! That was so much fun last time ...
driving.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm planning to drive up from Huntington Beach this t Ike; a couple of other locals have expressed interest too. It would be cool to generate a caravan on the way up....
relentless
That track... It looks like it would be easy for drivers to get turned around and run head on into each other!
JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Nov 11 2015, 01:35 PM) *

That track... It looks like it would be easy for drivers to get turned around and run head on into each other!

It isn't. There are some cones out to direct in the few spots needed. Not even one got misplaced in 2011 when we did it
76-914
A tad too far for an old Fart like me. That would be 4 days drive time for us. But I'm still enjoying the last one so I'll watch this one from the sidelines, Jamie. Take lots of pics and Videos at the track please. sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 11 2015, 02:05 PM) *
A tad too far for an old Fart like me.

Well, if you're THAT old you got plenty of time on your hands. Take two weeks off and make it a nice road trip.

What else are you going to do? Play bingo with a bunch of other old people?
confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 11 2015, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 11 2015, 09:25 AM) *
The AutoX on a Friday will be at the track shown in the photo below.

Love that track! That was so much fun last time ...
driving.gif

Might need to get some tires for the event..... idea.gif
jeffdon
Thinking I might head up I-5 with an overnight camping stop north of Redding. Castle Crags state park looks promising.
JRust
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 11 2015, 02:05 PM) *

A tad too far for an old Fart like me. That would be 4 days drive time for us. But I'm still enjoying the last one so I'll watch this one from the sidelines, Jamie. Take lots of pics and Videos at the track please. sad.gif

You've got a 12hour drive up I5 Kent. Thats an easy 1 day driving.gif
White city is only an hour north of CA on I5
ben*james
Can't wait!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 11 2015, 02:52 PM) *

But iffen he drives... 1.) we can caravan and B.) Someone else can actually get the long distance award. first.gif
shoguneagle
I am looking forward to this after so many years of "almost going". I have a long drive: +/- 30 miles from Grants Pass. I may even have the car ready (may not be painted) for this event.

Looking forward to it and will help..........

Steve
JRust
Checking distances from different area's to White City!
So Cal is about a 12 hour drive
Las Vegas is about a 12 hour drive
Salt Lake is also about a 12 hour drive
Seattle is around 8 1/2 hour drive
Anyone west of Nevada it's a long damn drive happy11.gif
relentless
"That track... It looks like it would be easy for drivers to get turned around and run head on into each other!"

Can we get a smilie that let's people know when you are Joking around please? I can't believe you took me serious Jamie!

shades.gif
JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Nov 12 2015, 12:21 PM) *

"That track... It looks like it would be easy for drivers to get turned around and run head on into each other!"

Can we get a smilie that let's people know when you are Joking around please? I can't believe you took me serious Jamie!

shades.gif

I'd been at work all day dealing with idiots. So I just put you in the category too happy11.gif (this smiley may have worked for you)
Chris914n6
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 12 2015, 12:38 PM) *

Checking distances from different area's to White City!
So Cal is about a 12 hour drive
Las Vegas is about a 12 hour drive
Salt Lake is also about a 12 hour drive
Seattle is around 8 1/2 hour drive
Anyone west of Nevada it's a long damn drive happy11.gif

Google doesn't include stops for gas, food, or pissing. So add an hour or two. Plus another hour or two if you're towing.

I'm thinking of leaving a day early, spending the night in Reno, stopping to hike Mt Shasta and otherwise take a leisurely touristy daylight drive to the meet.

I was pretty beat by 9 of 10 hours into the last one, and that was in a comfortable vehicle sad.gif
Bossman
I can't wait! Any good camping near the track?
McMark
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 11 2015, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 11 2015, 02:52 PM) *

But iffen he drives... 1.) we can caravan and B.) Someone else can actually get the long distance award. first.gif

How about we see how much a full truck to ship cars is... idea.gif
Mike D.
"How about we see how much a full truck to ship cars is... idea.gif "

I like this idea... A car carrier full of 914s from So.Cal. and plane ticket for me...
greenie
Great job selecting the location and getting the track ! pray.gif

If I can help out in anyway let me know. ( and please don't say stay home !)

I can't wait driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ Nov 13 2015, 12:33 PM) *

Great job selecting the location and getting the track ! pray.gif

If I can help out in anyway let me know. ( and please don't say stay home !)

I can't wait driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Well... He beat me to it. lol-2.gif
relentless
I'd like to put in a pitch for a caravan to the coast. I-5 north to Grants Pass and the first exit takes you to the Redwood Highway, 199 all the way to the coast. One way is about a hundred miles to 101 from Central Point. 199 gets very twisty the closer to the coast you get, and the Redwoods are a sight to behold. If you haven't toured Jedediah State Park you should put it on your bucket list!

199 leads into northern California. Taking the 197 spur leads you north to Brookings or even Gold Beach, with terrific views of the ocean. Harris Beach just north of Brookings would be a great place to take a group pic, provided there is room (the day area is often packed).

Staying on 199 past the 197 cutoff takes you south to Crescent City. I've dined at the Chart Room in Crescent City several times and the food has always been great.

Another great trip would be to Crater Lake. But if you like twisty roads the coast is the best.

hndyhrr
cheer.gif

You have made this girlie happy! only 7.5 miles for me. Need any local help I am in Central Point and more than willing to lend a hand.

Me and the Pumpkin will be there for sure.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 13 2015, 08:10 AM) *

I like this idea... A car carrier full of 914s from So.Cal. and plane ticket for me...

Would you consider joining in on a caravan from S Cal ? It could be an interesting trip with only one overnight stay on the way....?
JRust
Medford does have a decent airport for those looking to fly. Only so many companies fly in there so I am sure it will involve a connection blink.gif

I am sure anyone flying in there we can work it out to pick you up. Plus find you a seat for the drive's.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 13 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Medford does have a decent airport for those looking to fly. Only so many companies fly in there so I am sure it will involve a connection blink.gif

I am sure anyone flying in there we can work it out to pick you up. Plus find you a seat for the drive's.

only direct flight i know of is from San Francisco via united airlines, Alaska air, and Delta also fly in, usually you have to go to Portland or Seattle first.
76-914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 13 2015, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 13 2015, 08:10 AM) *

It could be an interesting trip with only one overnight stay on the way....?

Elyut would probably let the all ya'll crash at his place. confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 13 2015, 10:10 PM) *

only direct flight i know of is from San Francisco via united airlines, Alaska air, and Delta also fly in, usually you have to go to Portland or Seattle first.

I bet ElYut can get a direct flight In there...
rhodyguy
If it's anything like flying in to eureka/arcada ca, it's to SF from Seattle and a LONG wait for the e/a flight. I found the drive faster and more fun. That e/a flight was what I considered VERY expensive.
jim_hoyland

I flew into that airport last time WCR was there. It's called Rogue River International. Only a handful of flights, but it gets you very close. I only saw one other plane there when we landed - Fed Ex....
stevegm
Have the 2016 dates been chosen yet? I'd love to get them in the calendar.
Mikey914
As far as service to MFR Alaska has non stop from LAX, PDX, and SEA.
Ask me how I know. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 13 2015, 08:11 PM) *

If I haven't sold the airplane by then. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 14 2015, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 13 2015, 08:11 PM) *

If I haven't sold the airplane by then. sad.gif

No! sad.gif
914werke
As far as service to MFR Alaska has non stop from LAX, PDX, and SEA.
Ask me how I know. smile.gif

idea.gif pretty hard to fit a 914 in CARRY ON
JTdevine
This is my first time chiming in on something, been working on my 914 for last 2 years finally completed early september. Would really like to attend this and meet some people in my area that are going and possibly caravan? Cant wait
914werke
Welcome to the madness wacko.gif
oh and ...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Rocky
Sounds great, that was such a great location and track last time we did it. Thanks so much!
JRust
Any of our WA peeps. I'd be happy to put up a few the night before(wednesday) if you want a stop half way smile.gif . I'm in Corvallis about 10min from I5
jim_hoyland
Jamie: Will you have the trailer-BarBQue again ? That was a nice touch.....Did Drew bring that ? And, are you looking at the La Quinta again ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.