Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB door cards early and late LIKE OEM!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 22 2015, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 20 2015, 08:42 AM) *

so, are they fiberglass?
am I first in line?
I'm in for late, White. These are for my build-off car. - will also be needing white back pads --- wink.gif

-- and white seats, are those already in stock?
What is the production and shipping e.t.a for the doors?

White bases and backs are in stock. The fiberboard door panels as still a little ways out, but fiberglass is in stock.
Mark
JFJ914
Mark,

Did this ever happen????
Mikey914
It hasn't. We are actually looking at trying to make the fiberglass more affordable, we are to the point that we can go either way, but are working with our fiberglass guy to try to reduce the cost of the better product.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 20 2016, 08:55 PM) *

It hasn't. We are actually looking at trying to make the fiberglass more affordable, we are to the point that we can go either way, but are working with our fiberglass guy to try to reduce the cost of the better product.

Good. I'd like a pair or two of glass panels.
Menmojo
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Dec 16 2015, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 22 2015, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 20 2015, 08:42 AM) *

so, are they fiberglass?
am I first in line?
I'm in for late, White. These are for my build-off car. - will also be needing white back pads --- wink.gif

-- and white seats, are those already in stock?
What is the production and shipping e.t.a for the doors?

definitely in need of this for my build-off car- white , late pattern , ETA yet on them?

need to fill santa's bag of goodies santa_smiley.gif

White interiors rock.
Here's photo of mine thanks to 914 rubber for all the parts.
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 20 2016, 05:55 PM) *

Have you looked at Lexan plastic...maybe 3/16"?
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 21 2016, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 20 2016, 05:55 PM) *

Have you looked at Lexan plastic...maybe 3/16"?

Too Brittle, There are some plastics we can use and are evaluating for the best option. Paper is still cheapest, but trying to get away from it.
Mark
Chris Pincetich
I was going to try to create some with new vinyl on corrugated plastic, 100% recycled content, but then got lazy and was waiting for this Group Buy. The corrugated plastic sheets seem perfect for the flat part, but need something for the top where it has the curve and thicker padding.
I hope we can get yours soon beerchug.gif
Mikey914
If these were flat it would be a non even. It's the fact there is an undercut top bolster, and the 3 prongs that fit into the door itself. The fiberglass is a very nice way to do these, it's just more expensive, I went back to James and he looking at doing these in a larger quantity to get a better materials break and setting up a few more molds. He should have the numbers back to me in a few days. The other issue was the aluminum strips were about $7 a door set. So I'm cutting the die to make them to help bring down the cost. I'm hoping that if we can get within $25 of the cardboard it would be the best option and price.
BillC
Have you looked at ABS sheet as a substrate? Not horribly expensive, easy to cut and vacuum-thermo-form, not brittle and readily available in different thicknesses. And probably much less labor-intensive than fiberglass.
914forme
King starboard, you can staple to it, easily machined, use it a lot in my boat restorations.

Can be heavy, but works very well
Mikey914
Looks like we will have a resolution this next week.
Mikey914
Well we have some resolution on this. It will NOT be fiberglass.

We will make them with 2 options, identical to OEM, and another in plastic. The plastic will be a little more, but will not have the problems the fiberboard does.

We plan to have the 1st sets /sets at WCR. At least that's our goal.

So sign up now !
914_teener
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 29 2016, 12:47 AM) *

Well we have some resolution on this. It will NOT be fiberglass.

We will make them with 2 options, identical to OEM, and another in plastic. The plastic will be a little more, but will not have the problems the fiberboard does.

We plan to have the 1st sets /sets at WCR. At least that's our goal.

So sign up now !

Do we still sign up here Mark or the website?

I.m still in for one set.
Mikey914
Just as soon as I can get a production estimate (in the next week or so) I will start PM'ing all who have added to the thread, then we will open up the GB. I just need to have the schedule in place before I open it up.
Thanks to all,and it's not too late if you want a set.
ThinAir
I'm interested
7TPorsh
Interested in early black......if there are no plans for the RS design.....i would really like the RS design.. :-)
Mikey914
RS design can be sewn, would be an adder but yeah can be an option.
mapguy
Interested in late tan (for a '74)
RoadGlue
You know me Mark - I'm down for a late set for a '74 as well. I'm sure either construction option is fine. PM when you're ready!
napasteve
I'm still in for a late set in black when they are available.
jonferns
In for a set of early ones, black. Thanks
Dave_Darling
In for a pair, please! 74 (early-ish) in black.

--DD
Texasteener
Put me in for a set of '74 style tan cards!
Heeltoe914
2 sets 70 914 6 very stock
catsltd
1974 Black.I really only need a passenger door,but will take 2 if I must.
Thanks Grant
7TPorsh
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 29 2016, 11:45 AM) *

Interested in early black......if there are no plans for the RS design.....i would really like the RS design.. :-)

RS design with smooth vinyl would be my 1st choice...i like mine now but can't stand these speaker cutouts and the driver's side card is broken...
Click to view attachment

Naked and waiting...
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 18 2016, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 29 2016, 11:45 AM) *

RS design with smooth vinyl would be my 1st choice...i like mine now but can't stand these speaker cutouts and the driver's side card is broken...
Click to view attachment

Naked and waiting...
Click to view attachment

[size=4]Just a heads up, I don't own the rights to the artwork so.... you might want to hold off on that..
Mikey914
We have finally got the process selected and are proceeding to the tooling phase for the door panel GB. It's taken longer than we wanted as we originally hoped to work this out with our fiberglass provider. Unfortunately this did not work out, and we have committed to the tooling to make these out of a just as durable ABS plastic that can withstand the water, and make an OEM looking panel. We have added the nut plate that was not previously on the fiberglass ones. We also include all 3 upper mounting tabs attached to allow you to pop them right in.

We are in the pre-buy phase. What this means is that they can take 4-6 weeks before you have in hand, but you lock in your cost. If the costs go up, and they may a little, you are buying at the lower cost just like we did with the dashes.

So if you plan to replace your door panels now's the time. These are sold without the door clips in them, but we have available if you need them. You can reuse yours or we can sell you more.

Thanks for your support, so we can make these parts more reasonably.
You can find these here -

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Door-pannel-...der-914DPGB.htm

As far as RS panels we have added the option.
Thanks to all for your patience, these are finally moving forward.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all that inquired
mepstein
Just ordered 3 sets.
7TPorsh
Great news! Just want to confirm....The RS panels are textured smooth vinyl? thanks!
7TPorsh
Ordered, one RS set biggrin.gif
napasteve
Ordered, one Early set - 70-74 - Retangular patern

I'm looking forward to NOT having speakers in the door panels that a PO installed.

Thanks Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jun 6 2016, 07:12 AM) *

Ordered, one Early set - 70-74 - Retangular patern

I'm looking forward to NOT having speakers in the door panels that a PO installed.

Thanks Mark

And we plan to have the speaker pods on sale about the time these are ready to ship. Diabolical aren't I?
siverson
So the idea is that the smooth/plain option is correct for a six?

-Steve
Mikey914
Yes the early smooth option is what you will be looking for.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 6 2016, 09:57 AM) *

Yes the early smooth option is what you will be looking for.

OK, I'm in for a set correct for my Six.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 29 2016, 02:44 PM) *

Are you doing GT panels or is that what you are calling an RS panel?

Click to view attachment
Do you offer the correct Black for a 914-6??

If so, I'm in for a pair of each
7TPorsh
I ordered the RS panels....hoping they are like these...also offered at 914rubber.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 6 2016, 07:05 PM) *

I ordered the RS panels....hoping they are like these...also offered at 914rubber.

Click to view attachment

Yes these are the panels we do for RS.
Mikey914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jun 6 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The smooth vinyl option would closet for your application. You can add the pull strap and top handle.
914-300Hemi
Ordered a set yesterday piratenanner.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 6 2016, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jun 6 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The smooth vinyl option would closet for your application. You can add the pull strap and top handle.

Will the smooth panel still have the stock door handle opening or only the RS have that?
BTW,
Tried to order, but didn't see Black and are the inner door boxes still on back order?
Mikey914
The smooth would have the door handle cut out unless you request it without them cut.
The boxes are currently backordered, but we will have that resolved in about a week or so.
enf2232
Set for early (72) still available? PM sent.
JmuRiz
Not sure why I didn't order before, but I put in an order for the early black pannels!

MY old ones have extra holes from a period machined metal kick plate.

Some day I'll order carpets too, just not 'there' yet. I'll probably get the closest to OEM look.
Mikey914
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Jun 17 2016, 05:40 AM) *

Set for early (72) still available? PM sent.

Yes This is in the pre buy stage the technically aren't available yet, but you get a good discount by waiting.
racerbvd
Are the RS panels group buy finished?
Lowsquire
Ill take a set of 73 basket weave ones, If they come with just the window crank and door handle holes, Im not running door pockets, Im asuming thats how they come?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.