Full Version: Thanks Aaron
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GWN7
Age is a state of mind.....and what I don't mind, don't matter. beerchug.gif
MattR
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 16 2005, 11:26 PM)
So is this a kids thread or can anyone post here?? biggrin.gif

Dont you feel like a kid when you're hanging out with us? Comeon scott, between clayton, aaron, and myself you should feel like you're 20 again!
redshift
I hope we don't get prosecuted!

I need a nose job. <--- do NOT edit that.. lmao.

We need a moonwalking smiley, just for this very message...

user posted image

Yeah yeah I ain't got time to look all night..

M
BIGKAT_83
This makes the third time that car has been for sale in a ??? year. It was for sale here in the classifieds by some one from IL. Then didn't it sell on Ebay for 9.5K just a few mounths ago.

Skline is right the radiator is a early renegade. I had one and it cooled just fine.

Bob beer.gif
teenrookie
That makes sense the owners wife said he just bought a Chevelle off ebay, and is selling this to fund it.

When I talked to the owner on the phone he said he bought it 10 months ago to clean up and turn for a profit.

It has been in the trader for $12,500, then $11,250 and now $10,500.

Before I went and saw it I asked if he would consider $8000 for the car. He said that was "a little too low"

I bet he bought it after the auction closed, site unseen and is now bummed.

But for the right price and person (Aaron) this could be a great car.
new914lover
Well I just won this car on Ebay for 8.8k, but haven't paid the piper yet. Based on what you guys have seen, is this car worth that? Unfortunately for me, I'm a newbie with very limited 914 knowledge.
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 16 2005, 06:40 PM)
the car had lots of goodies....but it was a 5k car...tops.... guy wanted 12k for it...he has been had if he paid that much for it ohmy.gif

confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
ouch. im sorry.

the car has been in a rear end collision and wasnt fixed. just had fiberglass installed. trunk overhangs by an inch or so.

look at the pictures in this thread sad.gif

lagunero
QUOTE (new914lover @ May 23 2005, 10:10 AM)
Well I just won this car on Ebay for 8.8k, but haven't paid the piper yet. Based on what you guys have seen, is this car worth that? Unfortunately for me, I'm a newbie with very limited 914 knowledge.

If the car has been misrepresented in any way perhaps you'd want to exercise our right to refuse. I believe in honoring my word but I've learned to do so only when all parties involved are honest. Good luck.
new914lover
Ouch! Okay I read that it was rear ended, but I didn't fully realize the fact that the trunk overhung the rear end by an inch or so. Yikes! ohmy.gif Well I guess I'll be getting a negative Ebay review, because there's no way I'm paying that much for a car with that much unrepaired body damage. Thanks for the info.
new914lover
Ouch! Okay I read that it was rear ended, but I didn't fully realize the fact that the trunk overhung the rear end by an inch or so. Yikes! ohmy.gif Well I guess I'll be getting a negative Ebay review, because there's no way I'm paying that much for a car with that much unrepaired body damage. Thanks for the info.
Toast
If the Ebay ad for that car DID NOT mention the rear body damage, you could place a claim with ebay for "misrepresentation", "not as described".

Ask someone here how to do that process.
Then, you would not have to fullfill the payment because the car was not as described in the ad.
If you recieve negative feedback, counter-feedback and stand your ground.

Good luck!
Aaron Cox
send ebay some of the ugly rear trunk pics from this thread.
Lou W
Posted: Mar 17 2005, 12:08 AM  

"Luke, use the torque"

Group: Members
Member No.: 172

Looking through my pics... Found something intersting...

Attached image:

--------------------

How was the gap on the rear of the doors? huh.gif
Root_Werks
If this guy wanted $12k for this car, I would buy Graigs V8 914 for $13k in a heart beat. I had a chance to drive it around for a few days, VERY nice car.

This one doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but could be very different in person. idea.gif
Aaron Cox
take a look at the crumpled trunk pics.

pushed in around an inch....
new914lover
Hey Aaron,

Dumb question, but I'm assuming that the trunk couldn't even close right?

Of course the Ebay ad said nothing about the rear end damage and I even asked about what things were wrong with the car.

Thanks to all of you for helping me avoid a big mistake.
Aaron Cox
trunk closed. it was just offset or something.

PM teenrookie.
he may remember more than me
neo914-6
The pictures of the trunk don't look like it's an inch off. Many of these 30 year old 914 lid's don't close well and have varied width gaps.

The internal sheetmetal damage on many repairs aren't replaced or cosmetically fixed as long as the chassis is aligned and the outer panels are straight. That's what they did with $9k of work on my wife's Benz. They did not go in an weld a new inner section that had creases. That type of work would have totaled the car according to the insurance company. The installation quality of the fiberglass flare is another story. Who really takes the time to install them nicely except a proud owner. You saw it up close so you must have seen an overall quality or lack of... wink.gif

Anytime you don't personally inspect the car there is risk. I took a risk on a car in another state because I knew the value of the tuned engine alone was worth my purchase price. I was happy to find the car as immaculate as the seller described. biggrin.gif
redshift
I have been less than satisfied with long distance purchases described as 'the best I'd ever had'.

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (redshift @ May 23 2005, 04:21 PM)
I have been less than satisfied with long distance purchases described as 'the best I'd ever had'.

M

You never know what the other guy is thinking, but that's probably a good thing... dry.gif

sorry it didn't work out for you.
new914lover
Aaron,

Thanks for your helpful information and advice. I had another question about the rear trunk. Your photo #2 shows a closeup of the trunk that looks like the trunk is slightly ajar. From what you remember, am I right in assuming that the trunk is closed in the photo and looks ajar when closed?
Aaron Cox
dont remember sad.gif

i remember a larger than normal gap from the tail apnel to the lip of the trunk.

again. PM teen rookie wink.gif
rhodyguy
i'm with you on that one dan. for a bit more money the yellow flared 8 at camp is a better purchase, it has significant suspension and brake upgrades as well. just too fast for me. smile.gif

k
teenrookie
I think you should stay away from the car for that price. There will be a lot of work required to correct the body. The car was in bad enough shape all around that Aaron and I decided to stop our PPI and take it for a quick drive. We never even got to the longs; that could be an entirely new nightmare. If he did not disclose the bondo, rear damage, broken 'glass seams etc., that Aaron and I found quickly, it could be very scarey with a full inspection.

If you are still curious you might drive out there, it is only an hour from Long Beach (if you go between 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM laugh.gif )

I would not worry about the negative, list the link in your reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.