Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid-Engine Invasion 2016 - Herhsey, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Big Len
Sure. I'll have all the info over the weekend and post then.
Big Len
I'll set it up and post over the weekend.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 28 2016, 05:53 PM) *

I bought 23 spaces
Received 4 passes for parking spaces
- should have been 11 parking spaces
Gotta love PCA
dry.gif

I hope they remedied the situation. Big'ole truck is coming and needs to be loaded with cali-pers.

See ya'll Friday at Underdogs.

IPB Image
mepstein
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 6 2016, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 28 2016, 05:53 PM) *

I bought 23 spaces
Received 4 passes for parking spaces
- should have been 11 parking spaces
Gotta love PCA
dry.gif

I hope they remedied the situation. Big'ole truck is coming and needs to be loaded with cali-pers.

See ya'll Friday at Underdogs.

IPB Image

Yes. Fixed
914dave

Mark
Got my parking pass today. Are you going to assign spots or figure out the day of?
Thanks
Dave
mepstein

Mark
Got my parking pass today. Great

Are you going to assign spots or figure out the day of?
Thanks
Dave

Day of.
stevegm
1 week. The forecast looks great!
william1764
What time is group leaving donut shop? Coming up sat am. To enter show do you need to be there by specific time to enter?

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 12 2016, 07:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Everyone coming should enter the show. It's $10 and it goes to charity.

Quick question: Why hasn't admin given this thread a color?

agree.gif It would be nice to have as many 914s in the show as possible. To sign up for the show you just register day-of-event. We are planning to meet at a donut shop nearby and caravan over together. piratenanner.gif

Background - confused24.gif

struckn
Here's some info FYI.

Swap Meet General Information:

-All lots are paved
-Event held rain, shine, snow
-Gates open public 7:30am and close 4pm
-Admission is Free, Parking $20 per car
-Porsche only parking $20 per car
-Largest gathering of Porsche's in USA
-On site food and beverge
-ATM 10 minute drive
-Peoples Choice Concourse
-No pet or Animals
-Purchase, trade, barter-everything Porsche
-No scooter, Mpeds, trail bikes etc.

Registration closed 22 days ago at March
Big Len
Evidently, Waze dropped the group functionality from their app. There is another way to use it to track a group, but it's complicated in using social media. Doesn't seem worth it
Looks like weather is be perfect, fingers crossed.
jfort
Put the top on for the trip over Thursday evening. Looks like decent weather (as if they can predict that far in advance). Looking forward to meeting everyone.Click to view attachment
saigon71
QUOTE(jfort @ Apr 11 2016, 04:24 PM) *

Put the top on for the trip over Thursday evening. Looks like decent weather (as if they can predict that far in advance). Looking forward to meeting everyone.Click to view attachment

That's a sweet looking car sir! Looking forward to seeing it live...and meeting you of course! biggrin.gif
stevegm
Right now we have 16 cars registered or the drive Friday. The weather forecast looks great. It should be fun.
saigon71
Here is the route info for the Friday rally:

We’ll depart the AACA museum at 1:15 sharp. From here, we’ll hit the highway south, before turning off and taking the scenic route on our way to Aircooled Racing.

Aircooled Racing will provide us with hot dogs, beans and soft drinks and a tour of the facility. We’ll get there around 2:30.

Around 4:30, we'll depart Aircooled Racing for some “spirited” driving on some back roads of South Central PA. After that, we’ll head to Underdogs in the city to meet the rest of the 914world members for wings & beer at 6.

We’ll do our best to stay together, but things (and traffic) happen. If you get lost from the pack, simply set your GPS to the next stop and we’ll regroup.

Here are the planned stops and their addresses:

Stop 1: Roof Park – 599 Lewisberry Rd., New Cumberland, PA
Stop 2: Aircooled Racing – 1560 Old Mountain Rd., Wellsville, PA
Stop 3: Antiques at the Turkeyfoot – 1014 York Rd., Dillsburg, PA. This is an old gas station converted to an antique shop on the corner of Williams Grove Road and Rt. 74. There is an “Antiques” banner covering the old gas station sign.
Stop 4: Underdogs Sports Bar & Grill – 3100 Paxton St., Harrisburg, PA. Parking is dicey here. I stopped in today. They told me if you can’t find a regular spot, try parking in the residential area behind the restaurant.

Catch you Friday – it’s gonna be a great weekend!

Here is the route:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stevegm
Thanks Bob for laying the route out. It looks great. I can't wait.
stevegm
Getting packed.
Big Len
Great job as usual. Weather looks picture perfect. Can't wait either.
injunmort
any no. jersey guys or anyone else heading out friday morning by way of I84 west of newbugh ny? my self imposed condition of attendance was completing a motor swap. i started the car sunday and think it probably has at least 600 miles in it, so i am game.would love to caravan if anyone is heading out that way.
Big Len
QUOTE(injunmort @ Apr 12 2016, 08:11 PM) *

any no. jersey guys or anyone else heading out friday morning by way of I84 west of newbugh ny? my self imposed condition of attendance was completing a motor swap. i started the car sunday and think it probably has at least 600 miles in it, so i am game.would love to caravan if anyone is heading out that way.

I'm in Vernon, NJ and leaving about 9. My route take me through Easton PA an hour later. What's your plan after I84?
injunmort
do you come through on 94 to 17west then 84?
Big Len
My route. 94-206-519 to Philipsburg , then Pa rt22 to 78
GaroldShaffer
Who's staying at the Knights Inn? Brad & I will arrive Thursday night with my truck & trailer. Looking for two open seats for Fridays drive. I might have one of us covered for the ride, but won't know for sure until Friday.

PLEASE, I will even buy the first beer3.gif or three. biggrin.gif
mskala
QUOTE(william1764 @ Apr 8 2016, 11:24 PM) *

What time is group leaving donut shop? Coming up sat am. To enter show do you need to be there by specific time to enter?

Bump for needing donut shop address and time info. I'm coming as early saturday as
necessary.
iankarr
Hey Guys,

Was really looking forward to meeting you and all the fun, but I need to travel for work. Take lots of pics!
scotty b
I've skimmed the whole thread and haven't seen any mention of a meeting time at Underdogs for those not on the Friday drive confused24.gif

Also on that note, has anyone called Underdogs to make reservations there ? I know in the past we have shown up with much smaller groups and had quite a wait to get in, and even then were broken up into several different seating areas.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 13 2016, 09:31 AM) *

I've skimmed the whole thread and haven't seen any mention of a meeting time at Underdogs for those not on the Friday drive confused24.gif

Also on that note, has anyone called Underdogs to make reservations there ? I know in the past we have shown up with much smaller groups and had quite a wait to get in, and even then were broken up into several different seating areas.

Scotty - I think it's in the first post. Plan is for the rally to end at Underdogs around 6 pm. I don't know if resos have been made, but Bob (or someone) definitely talked to them, as they were told to park in the residential area if all the other parking is full.
stevegm
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Apr 13 2016, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 13 2016, 09:31 AM) *

Scotty - I think it's in the first post. Plan is for the rally to end at Underdogs around 6 pm. I don't know if resos have been made, but Bob (or someone) definitely talked to them, as they were told to park in the residential area if all the other parking is full.

Yep. 6 pm at Underdogs. I am handling the reservations.
VaccaRabite
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=282429

live uploader thread is up and active.

Zach
saigon71
QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 12 2016, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(william1764 @ Apr 8 2016, 11:24 PM) *

Bump for needing donut shop address and time info. I'm coming as early saturday as
necessary.

Meet at Dunkin' Donuts - 7:00 am
605 Park Avenue
Hershey, PA 17033

stevegm
Gates open at 7:30, and people tend to want to get there early so as not to miss deals. So we'll need to leave Dunkin donuts at about 7:15.
struckn
Are we still all supposed to enter the Concourse Saturday. If so why 7AM?
I'll be coming up later and plan to enter the Concourse around 9am if that's were you guys are going to be. Let me know Friday, but we should have this figured out so the others not spending the night in Hershey, and showing up on Saturday know in advance what to do.
Big Len
QUOTE(struckn @ Apr 13 2016, 08:41 PM) *

Are we still all supposed to enter the Concourse Saturday. If so why 7AM?
I'll be coming up later and plan to enter the Concourse around 9am if that's were you guys are going to be. Let me know Friday, but we should have this figured out so the others not spending the night in Hershey, and showing up on Saturday know in advance what to do.

You can join the People Choice Concours up to 10 a.m. If you want to caravan in, then you must be at DD at 7:15

I'm with you. I may not get my butt up that early.
MMW
As Len said the "concours" is open up until 10am. Each class gets it's own row so if you arrive later than others you will still be together.

I hope all you 914 guys enter the peoples choice. Don't forget to vote & even if you don't enter your car you can still vote.

somd914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Apr 13 2016, 06:28 PM) *

Gates open at 7:30, and people tend to want to get there early so as not to miss deals. So we'll need to leave Dunkin donuts at about 7:15.

Agree, primary focus for us on Saturday is to get there early and scope out the vendor's goods. But we'll need breakfast, Dunkin is close by, and time works.

So see everyone for the drive, dinner, Knights Inn parking lot party, then breakfast and caravan - going to be great weekend. Thanks to Steve, Bob, and all the others who helped plan these events! beerchug.gif
Big Len
When are you going, Mic?
r_towle
Due to a surprise, I am not gonna make it this year.
Hopefully see you guys next year

Rich
MMW
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 13 2016, 09:31 PM) *

When are you going, Mic?

Not positive but it looks like we are leaving about 3pm Friday. Tim has to work until then. If things change which they might I'll probably leave Friday morning. I see you are leaving about 9am. I'll figure it out by tomorrow night. Just started my car yesterday for the first time this year. Haven't even got it on the ground yet.

stevegm
We have windshield cards for each 914 in the People's Choice Show, as well as voting cards for everyone to vote. We will have them in the 914world section of booths Saturday morning. Make sure you come by and get your your car card and/or voting card.
MMW
Steve -- Just to clarify, there will be two voting sheets. The "official" cpr/pca one & the 914world one?

As I understand it the voting & windshield cards you have are only for 914world peeps.

You will get a separate "official" window card & voting sheet when you register with cpr/pca who runs the show at Hershey. Non registered people can get a voting sheet at the registration trailer for the show.
stevegm
QUOTE(MMW @ Apr 14 2016, 06:06 AM) *

Steve -- Just to clarify, there will be two voting sheets. The "official" cpr/pca one & the 914world one?

As I understand it the voting & windshield cards you have are only for 914world peeps.

You will get a separate "official" window card & voting sheet when you register with cpr/pca who runs the show at Hershey. Non registered people can get a voting sheet at the registration trailer for the show.

Yes. We are just going to do our own voting, in addition to the voting PCA does. We will give out awards at the dinner.
Manny Alban
Looks like I'll be showing my 73 914 2.0 Phoenix Red. Easy to spot since it has MD PCA plates PC0914.
stevegm
Sounds cool. Can you register so we can have a voting card ready for your car. Here is th link to register - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NIDVOWt-g6...p;usp=send_form

wndsnd
Steve,

Will not be able to make it this year, just am not ready, I will be watching the threads. Have a great time.
jkb944t
QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Apr 14 2016, 04:31 AM) *

Looks like I'll be showing my 73 914 2.0 Phoenix Red. Easy to spot since it has MD PCA plates PC0914.

I should have no problem spotting that color since it is the same as mine. Unfortunately I just couldn’t get mine back together in time for Hershey so I will be in the other mid-engine Porsche.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
mskala
The peoples choice concours says they will have an award for the car from furthest distance. They should multiply the distance times the age of the car to weed out the
weenies who bought a car last week in like Seattle.
Big Len
Steve, I wasn't sure if Linda was going until this morning. We're both going to Saturday's dinner so should I send $ through PayPal or give you the cash when I see you?
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 14 2016, 05:06 PM) *

Steve, I wasn't sure if Linda was going until this morning. We're both going to Saturday's dinner so should I send $ through PayPal or give you the cash when I see you?

I'm glad to hear she is coming. I will just get it from you when I see you.

Has anyone tried the image uploader thread? The picture I emailed isn't showing up.
dcheek
Steve,

I will be there on Saturday, minus my 914. Can I make a suggestion? Have all entrants to the show put their 914 World user name on the placards so we can put a face with user name, and maybe even get a chance to meet all those that contribute so much to this forum.

Dave
stevegm
QUOTE(dcheek @ Apr 14 2016, 05:30 PM) *

Steve,

I will be there on Saturday, minus my 914. Can I make a suggestion? Have all entrants to the show put their 914 World user name on the placards so we can put a face with user name, and maybe even get a chance to meet all those that contribute so much to this forum.

Dave

Great idea. Thx. We can include them on the placards.
Big Len
Great idea.

Will do, Steve. Do you need tip $ too?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.