Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid-Engine Invasion 2016 - Herhsey, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mepstein
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 04:32 PM) *

It's always about you, isn't it Epstein?

Good or bad, yes.
r_towle
What time is the dinner Friday night?
Location?

What is the registration fee for?
Thought we just paid our own way for dinner typically?

We may make dinner Friday, Abel works half a day and it's over 6 hours to get there....and we are always late.

We will enter the show for sure.

Rich
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2016, 05:08 PM) *

What time is the dinner Friday night?
Location?

What is the registration fee for?
Thought we just paid our own way for dinner typically?

We may make dinner Friday, Abel works half a day and it's over 6 hours to get there....and we are always late.

We will enter the show for sure.

Rich

The fee is just if your coming to the dinner Saturday evening. The group is too large to crash a restaurant. Last year we had 60 people in a restruant that could only fit 50 or so.

This year we lined up a large room and buffet-style dinner. It's an all inclusive fee - dinner, drinks, etc. plus it will be quiter so we can do awards, and have some speakers.

It is 5:00 - 8:00 pm, Saturday evening.

Restaurant:
Hometown Family Restaurant
1 North Londonderry Square
Route 422
Palmyra, PA 17078
r_towle
Friday dinner?
Where is that?

And I don't do PayPal, so will cash work smile.gif
stevegm
I spoke with Steve Limbert today and we are going to do a tour of Air-Cooled Racing's shops, and lunch - hot dogs, beans, etc. - during the Friday Rally. The plan is to be at his shop at about 2:30 pm.

Steve is also going to be one of the guests at the Saturday dinner. His 914 racing stories are always great to hear. It should be fun.
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2016, 05:23 PM) *

Friday dinner?
Where is that?

Friday - we are doing a bar-b-que lunch at about 2:30 at Air-Cooled Racing's Shops, along the route of the rally (Steve and I are providing the food). Then the rally will end at Underdogs (rebuilt after their fire last year). The traditional buy your own wings deal.

Maybe mail a check? I'll PM you. But do register online though. So we can have head counts.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 12 2016, 05:37 PM) *

Friday dinner?
Where is that?

Friday - we are doing a bar-b-que lunch at about 2:30 at Air-Cooled Racing's Shops, along the route of the rally (Steve and I are providing the food). Then the rally will end at Underdogs (rebuilt after their fire last year). The traditional buy your own wings deal.

Maybe mail a check? I'll PM you. But do register online though. So we can have head counts.

Rich - just wear your tinfoil underwear while your paying with PayPal and your bank account will be protected.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 12 2016, 05:37 PM) *

Friday dinner?
Where is that?

Oh great, I'm driving to a Porsche shop on my day off. biggrin.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2016, 06:14 PM) *

Busman's holiday for you, Mark. You love it smile.gif

Paypal sent, Steve. Looking forward to it.
mepstein
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 12 2016, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2016, 06:14 PM) *

Busman's holiday for you, Mark. You love it smile.gif

Paypal sent, Steve. Looking forward to it.

Just kidding. I've driven to Steve's shop before. He's a great guy with lots of cool toys. Thanks to Steve M for setting this up.
mepstein
23 spots confirmed for Hershey. We should have quite a presence.
oakpark
I'll be there with both sons (rental car only). We've booked ourselves for a few other activities that weekend, but we will stop to say hello to all and see the 914's. This should be the largest group of 914's in one place in a long time. See you all on Saturday.
Big Len
One month to go.
okieflyr
This year will probably be a Saturday trip for me. Should be a nice drive in the teener though. driving.gif
saigon71
Just registered.

I hope to have the 2056 built and installed by then. The drive just wouldn't be the same in a Mazda B2500. dry.gif

stevegm
The activities for the Saturday evening dinner are coming together well. So far we have Steve Limbert speaking, some 914 games, some also Challengers are going to talk about their builds, and we will have a presentation about other upcoming events. Plus the awards from Friday and Saturday events. Should be fun.
stevegm
4 more weeks. It looks like we will have a very nice showing this year. Can't wait.
r_towle
COLOR PLEASE......easier for us blind old farts to find the thread.
914forme
I'll be there Saturday
Gear Drive
I'll be there Friday, for the rally and Friday meal, and for the swap meet, gotta get going Saturday afternoon. I may have another P-car guy along.

I need to sell some parts at the swap meet to help fund my 914/6 GT creation.

Does anyone want to share a space at the meet. I have a few items to sell, but not a huge pile.

Thanks to all who have worked to organize the Invasion.....

see you there,
Bates McLain
mepstein
QUOTE(Gear Drive @ Mar 18 2016, 10:33 AM) *

I'll be there Friday, for the rally and Friday meal, and for the swap meet, gotta get going Saturday afternoon. I may have another P-car guy along.

I need to sell some parts at the swap meet to help fund my 914/6 GT creation.

Does anyone want to share a space at the meet. I have a few items to sell, but not a huge pile.

Thanks to all who have worked to organize the Invasion.....

see you there,
Bates McLain

If you have a few items to sell but not a lot you can usually get away with setting them down in one of our spots and buying us some fries or a coke. smile.gif

The spots are not big ( the size of a one car parking space) so please be reasonable.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 12 2016, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Everyone coming should enter the show. It's $10 and it goes to charity.

Quick question: Why hasn't admin given this thread a color?

agree.gif It would be nice to have as many 914s in the show as possible. To sign up for the show you just register day-of-event. We are planning to meet at a donut shop nearby and caravan over together. piratenanner.gif

Background - confused24.gif

Because either someone asked and the admin had his head so far up his ass he forgot to do it, or because someone forgot to ask and the admin had his head up his ass and never noticed the thread. bootyshake.gif bs.gif slap.gif stromberg.gif

Either way its done now.

I'll be there.

If I can pull my head far enough out of my ass to work on my car maybe i'll have my 914 there for the first time in 4 years...

Zach
mskala
What's the deal with the People's Choice Concours? Are all the 914's going to be parked together? No info over at cvr.pca.org

stevegm
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 18 2016, 04:12 PM) *

What's the deal with the People's Choice Concours? Are all the 914's going to be parked together? No info over at cvr.pca.org

Yes. I have spoken with PCA and they said they would park us together. In addition, we are planning to meet at a local donut shop Saturday morning and caravan together to the swap meet. When we go in, they will steer us to the concours, and we will park together there (by all going together it will further ensure that we can we park together). Registration for the concours is day-of-event only. So we can register when we get there.

We are also going to do our own show voting for the 914 group only, and have awards Saturday night at the dinner.
stevegm
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 18 2016, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 12 2016, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Everyone coming should enter the show. It's $10 and it goes to charity.

Quick question: Why hasn't admin given this thread a color?

agree.gif It would be nice to have as many 914s in the show as possible. To sign up for the show you just register day-of-event. We are planning to meet at a donut shop nearby and caravan over together. piratenanner.gif

Background - confused24.gif

Because either someone asked and the admin had his head so far up his ass he forgot to do it, or because someone forgot to ask and the admin had his head up his ass and never noticed the thread. bootyshake.gif bs.gif slap.gif stromberg.gif

Either way its done now.

I'll be there.

If I can pull my head far enough out of my ass to work on my car maybe i'll have my 914 there for the first time in 4 years...

Zach

Thanks Zach. piratenanner.gif
stevegm
It's going to be a good showing. We've got about a dozen 914s signed up so far for the drive Friday.
injunmort
booked my room last night, engine went back in car today, hershey is looking good
stevegm
QUOTE(injunmort @ Mar 20 2016, 04:31 AM) *

booked my room last night, engine went back in car today, hershey is looking good

Are you bringing your DD or your build-off challenge car?
saigon71
I was over at Aircooled Racing yesterday. They are running a two day special on April 15-16th. A case of Brad Penn 20w-50 green racing oil and an oil filter (either Mahle or Bosch) for $75. You can pick up the stuff either at their shop during the Friday drive or at the show on Saturday.

PM me by Friday, April 8th at noon if you are interested in this deal so I can let them know.

Only a few weeks away! biggrin.gif

Big Len
Kinda wish I needed some. That's a great price.

stevegm
I need to turn the final dinner count into the restaurant in about a week. If you are planning to come to the dinner please register if you haven't already.
mepstein
I bought 23 spaces
Received 4 passes for parking spaces
- should have been 11 parking spaces
Gotta love PCA
dry.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 28 2016, 07:53 PM) *

I bought 23 spaces
Gotta love PCA
dry.gif

Nice.
jfort
I hope I am registered for two for dinner, and everything else for that matter
stevegm
QUOTE(jfort @ Mar 29 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Yep. Got you on the list.
stevegm
QUOTE(jfort @ Mar 29 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Yep. Got you on the list.
stevegm
Last call for Mid-Engine Invasion T-Shirts. We just print them to order and bring the number we have pre-ordered to the event. If you want one let me know. I will be turing in the order in the next day or so.
stevegm
Bump over the spam
stevegm
I will order the event shirts this coming Monday, April 4th. And turn in the headcount for the Saturday dinner on Monday, April 11th. So, if you haven't registered yet please do as soon as possible.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 28 2016, 07:53 PM) *

I bought 23 spaces
Gotta love PCA
dry.gif

Same issue we have had for years with them and this event. They totally don't care that we use this as a Porsche get together, and pool our spaces so that we can be together. Literally. The guy in charge of selling spaces laid it out very plainly that he did not care, and that "his" event was not for "your car club."

Only way around it with their rules is to buy the tickets in small batches. If you buy them on one batch, you only get a few parking tickets.

There was a rumor that some guy got mad about this a few years ago, and spent his own money to have a bunch of passes/stickers printed and then handed them out for free to anyone that wanted them. wacko.gif

Zach

mepstein
Some calls and emails and PCA sent me the correct amount of passes. They will go out in the mail this week to all the people who bought spaces.
saigon71
As a reminder:

Aircooled Racing is running a two day special on April 15-16th. A case of Brad Penn 20w-50 green racing oil and an oil filter (either Mahle or Bosch) for $75. You can pick up the stuff either at their shop during the Friday drive or at the show on Saturday.

PM me by Friday, April 8th at noon if you are interested in this deal so I can let them know.
stevegm
Last call to order a Mid-Eninge Invasion T-Shirt. I am ordering them today.
jfort
two shirts, please. one large, one medium. thanks!

Jeff Fort
stevegm
QUOTE(jfort @ Apr 4 2016, 11:21 AM) *

two shirts, please. one large, one medium. thanks!

Jeff Fort

Got it. I just messaged you about the stickers - I ordered them from the usual place, which now has apparently gone out of business. I went to get them and the door was locked, closed down. So I reordered them from the people that do my t-shirts. They will be done before Hershey.
VaccaRabite
Putting in the order for a XXL and an L.

Filling out the form now.
Zach
Big Len
Anybody creating a WAZE group for the trip in or the rally?
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 5 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Anybody creating a WAZE group for the trip in or the rally?

What's a WAZE group? I'm going to ask Admin to set up a photo thread. Is that what you mean?
Big Len
No Steve. It's a navigation app that not only gives real time traffic and navigation aids, but logging in as a group, it literally shows where everyone is on a map that is headed for a destination. So let's say you're waiting at the museum for eveyone to arrive, you'd be able to see where they are. It can be used for the rally, showing if someone has stopped or fallen behind. And it also gives you real time traffic info sort of like an old time CB radio. Construction delays, disabled car locations, police radar traps, etc.

https://www.waze.com/
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 5 2016, 09:40 PM) *

No Steve. It's a navigation app that not only gives real time traffic and navigation aids, but logging in as a group, it literally shows where everyone is on a map that is headed for a destination. So let's say you're waiting at the museum for eveyone to arrive, you'd be able to see where they are. It can be used for the rally, showing if someone has stopped or fallen behind. And it also gives you real time traffic info sort of like an old time CB radio. Construction delays, disabled car locations, police radar traps, etc.

https://www.waze.com/

It sounds pretty cool. Do you want to set up a group?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.