Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid-Engine Invasion 2016 - Herhsey, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
stevegm
IPB Image

UPDATE - I will order the event shirts this coming Monday, April 4th. And turn in the headcount for the Saturday dinner on Monday, April 11th. So, if you haven't registered yet please do as soon as possible.

Mid-Engine Invasion is on.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
April 15 - 17, 2016

REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE - HERE

Once you are done registering, please go to - http://paypal.me/savethe914 - to send Paypal, for the dinner and/or shirt(s).

HOTELS:
Knights Inn, Palmyra, PA
There is a block of 20 rooms reserved (under the name - Invasion) at the group rates for Friday and Saturday nights. Single King - $69.00, and Double Queen - $79.00.
They will only hold the rooms until April 1.

Since the Knights Inn is fairly small, we also have a block of Rooms at the Howard Johnsons. Details on those reservations to follow.

Event Shirts:
The t-shirt design is below.

ITINERARY

Friday:
Fun Rally - saigon71 is organizing the fun rally again this year (Thanks Bob)
Begins at 1 pm
AACA Museum
161 Museum Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

The museum is featuring an exhibit of Micro and Mini cars that you might want to check out Friday morning before the rally. The fun rally will include a stop at Air-Cooled Racing's shop at around 3:00 pm. We will publish the fun rally route prior to the event, including various stops (with projected times) so that late-comers can join the rally throughout the afternoon. While everyone loves to see 914s, all cars are welcome. Even if you aren't bringing a 914 (or Porsche), you are more than welcome to participate.

Fun Rally will end at about 6 pm at
Underdogs Sports Bar and Grill

3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111

The drive will include a tour of Air-Cooled Racing's shops, and lunch - hot digs, beans, etc.

In keeping with tradition, hang out at the Knights Inn after Underdogs.

Saturday:
Meet at Dunkin' Donuts - 7:00 am
605 Park Avenue
Hershey, PA 17033

We are planning to meet Saturday morning for a caravan to the swap meet. By caravaning, we can park together at the people's choice "concours." More details of the Saturday morning meet-up location to come.

PCA Swap Meet & People's Choice Concours - Registration for the concours is day-of-event only. Cost to enter the concours is $10 and includes - a Stoner car care product, the opportunity to win a trophy, and parking close to the swap meet. We would like everyone that is bringing a 914 to register for the concours, so we can have as many 914s as possible. We will also do our own voting and awards (given out at the Saturday night dinner) for cars in the concours.

We will also be doing our own 914 judging at the Saturday concours, so please make sure and vote. If you are bringing a 914 Saturday make sure to get a windshield card when you arrive. Awards to be given out at the Saturday dinner.

Swap Meet Spaces (to set up a booth at the swap meet) - mepstein is handling the spaces again this year (Thanks Mark).

Deadline to let Mark know you want a space, and send money to him for it is - March 1, 2016.
• Primary Spaces (includes 2 spaces & vendor pass) $80.00
• Additional Spaces $40.00 each space
(one additional vendor pass for every
two additional spaces purchased)
• Choose side/side or end/end
• Confirmation will be by email
or can been seen in your profile.
• Vendor passes will be mailed 2 weeks prior to event
• Gates open for Vendors 6:30am
• Each space is 9X19 approx (parking space size)
• Allow enough space for vehicle and display
• Bring confirmation with you. No Refunds
• Day of registration $100/2 space min
plus $25 township fee. Additional spaces day-of $50/space
• Pre-registered vendors may load in Friday 1pm to 5pm
(lot locked down at 5pm)
• No selling food, no Stakes in lot,
No electric available
• Porsche Corral $40/car -- No Pre-reg required to sell your car

Saturday Afternoon after the Swap Meet
We are considering a drive for those that want to participate.

Saturday night dinner, awards, fun, etc.: 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Adults $24.99, Kids (4-12 years old) $12.99
Hometown Family Restaurant
1 North Londonderry Square
Route 422
Palmyra, PA 17078

All-inclusive dinner
Awards from the People's Choice Conqours
Build-Off Challenge leader update
Games
Prizes
Etc.

We have to turn in the dinner headcount by April 1st. Please post here if you are coming to the dinner. We will be doing our own voting at the people's choice concours Saturday, and will have awards from the Friday drive and concours.

Sunday:
CPA-PCA Autocross
Details to follow once PCA makes them available.

WHO'S COMING? (It would be helpful in planning to know who's coming to the Friday Rally, the Saturday dinner, or both)

stevegm - 2 for Friday Rally & Saturday Dinner
saigon71
mepstein
r_towle
Big Len
struckn
somd914
rgolia - Friday, Saturday car show, Saturday Dinner
914forme
Garold Shaffer - Friday
914ltd - Friday
struckn
BeatNavy
cuddyk
oakpark - 3
Zippy69
jfort
wndsnd - 2 Friday Rally & Saturday dinner
Dr Evil
Porschef - 2 Friday Rally & Saturday dinner
injunmort
North Coast Jim - 2 for Saturday dinner
achman_73_2.0 - 1 for Friday Rally & Saturday dinner
914itis
dlee6204 - 2 for Friday Rally & Saturday dinner
BeatNavy - Friday Rally & Saturday dinner
MikeSpraggi - 914
right pedal - Friday Rally & Saturday car show
hot_shoe914
jkb944t - 2 for Friday Rally
ratsterr - 2 for Friday Rally and Saturday dinner
jfort - 2 for Friday Rally, Saturday, and Saturday dinner
Olympic 1.7 - Saturday Dinner
Eric_Shea +1 - See you at Dogs Friday night.
914itis
Count me in !
dlee6204
Looks like I'll be coming this year for my first time. I'll be bringing my father too. We'll be down for Friday and Saturday funtivities.
BeatNavy
Alright, I booked. Only way I'm going to finally get myself to Hershey is to just go ahead and book the room early and make the rest of my life work around it this year.

Edit: So I'll plan on being at both the rally and dinner. Not sure yet if it's just me or me and my wife.
stevegm
It looks like this is going to turn out to be a nice size group of 914s. I can't wait. It would be great if you can let us know if your planning to come to the Fun Rally drive Friday, to the dinner Saturday night (how many?), And if you are planning to bring your 914 to the People's Choice concours at the swap meet.
MikeSpraggi
No racing that weekend, I'll be there!! piratenanner.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jan 23 2016, 08:57 PM) *

No racing that weekend, I'll be there!! piratenanner.gif

Oh yea, a with teener.
stevegm
Bump to remind everybody that the deadline to send mepstein money for spaces is March 1st. Who needs a space?
thieuster
Steve, will you come up with one of your great t-shirt designs?

Menno
saigon71
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 5 2016, 11:09 PM) *

Bump to remind everybody that the deadline to send mepstein money for spaces is March 1st. Who needs a space?

I don't think I'm selling anything, but I'll gladly chip-in for a space so we have a central place to hang out.
saigon71
Put me down for all 914 related events that weekend.
stevegm
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Feb 6 2016, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 5 2016, 11:09 PM) *

I don't think I'm selling anything, but I'll gladly chip-in for a space so we have a central place to hang out.

Fourteener Motoring will have a large space. And we are going to distribute our own car show voting stuff. Plus Mark's company will have a big space I think. So we will have a place to hang out. piratenanner.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 6 2016, 06:59 AM) *

Steve, will you come up with one of your great t-shirt designs?

Menno

Yep. The graphic artist is working on it now.
rgolia
I'm in for friday, the 914 show take over, and saturday dinner. driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just giving this a icon_bump.gif I PM'd Mark for my spaces also. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

beerchug.gif
mepstein
Guys - anyone else need a space? Trying to wrap this up.
rightpedal
Yup I need a space. Just pm'd you.
Thanks for organizing the swap.

Steve add me to the list of attending. I'm not sure if i will be staying through Sunday. I will be around on Friday night.

Steve
hot_shoe914
I am planning on making it up this year if at all possible. Not sure how that will go with an upcoming surgery, but we shall see. Seriously doubt if I will be in a teener, but one just never knows.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2016, 10:58 PM) *

I am planning on making it up this year if at all possible. Not sure how that will go with an upcoming surgery, but we shall see. Seriously doubt if I will be in a teener, but one just never knows.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Great!
Big Len
Just went to make a reservation at the Knights Inn....$99.00 a night + tax for this place?? Who do they think they are, 914 parts sellers? Oh wait, I see it includes breakfast. Is that the stale Cheerios that are in those grimey dispersers by the front desk?
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 22 2016, 06:36 AM) *

Just went to make a reservation at the Knights Inn....$99.00 a night + tax for this place?? Who do they think they are, 914 parts sellers? Oh wait, I see it includes breakfast. Is that the stale Cheerios that are in those grimey dispersers by the front desk?

They should be giving you the group rate (see first post in thread). Nick is the manager/owner. You might want to ask for him. He is who I dealt with in setting it up.
Big Len
Thanks Steve. I guess it would be helpful that I read the ENTIRE thread . Still, I don't remember a group buy the previous years. If I recall, I just booked online to get that $69.00 rate, but good job in getting the block of rooms.

Please add Linda to the dinner list.

Also, I see the PCA has not yet posted the show registration form. Guessing that should be up soon?
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 22 2016, 07:43 AM) *

Thanks Steve. I guess it would be helpful that I read the ENTIRE thread . Still, I don't remember a group buy the previous years. If I recall, I just booked online to get that $69.00 rate, but good job in getting the block of rooms.

Please add Linda to the dinner list.

Also, I see the PCA has not yet posted the show registration form. Guessing that should be up soon?

I hope they post the info soon. But, IIRC, the Saturday show is day-of-event registration only. So, we just register for that Saturday.
saigon71
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2016, 10:58 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Excellent! Best of luck with your surgery Shoe...hope it's nothing too serious.
Big Len
Made my reservation for Friday and Saturday night. So looking forward to this.
jkb944t
My son and I would like to join everyone at the Friday night dinner and possibly for the Rally on Friday afternoon. Unfortunately my 914 won't be done in time but at least I will be driving a mid-engine Porsche to the event.

Jeff B
ratsterr
My Buddy and I will be attending again for the Friday and Saturday events. Thanks
jfort
I am coming. How do I get up to speed? Register? Pay someone?
mepstein
QUOTE(jfort @ Feb 27 2016, 04:58 PM) *

If your just coming to the swap, you just show up at the gate and pay your entry fee. If your staying at the hotel, there's a group rate. Read the thread for the list of events. It's mostly a show and pay as you go. It's all pretty informal. You can't really go wrong if you show up. Glad you can join the fun.
stevegm

I will add you to the list. The hotel info is in the first post. They don't have a whole lot of rooms. So you might want to reserve one soon. Do you want a space at the swap meet to sell stuff? mepstein is handling those reservations. I will post some more info on the drive, dinner Saturday night, t-shirts, etc. next week. With 7 weeks to go we are starting to get things together. piratenanner.gif
jfort
Thanks! So looking forward to this. Please count Staci and me for all the events.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2016, 05:08 PM) *

I will add you to the list. The hotel info is in the first post. They don't have a whole lot of rooms. So you might want to reserve one soon. Do you want a space at the swap meet to sell stuff? mepstein is handling those reservations. I will post some more info on the drive, dinner Saturday night, t-shirts, etc. next week. With 7 weeks to go we are starting to get things together. piratenanner.gif

Swap meet spaces have been ordered. Now I'm just waiting to get the info back from pca. Usually that's pretty last minute.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 27 2016, 06:01 PM) *

Swap meet spaces have been ordered. Now I'm just waiting to get the info back from pca. Usually that's pretty last minute.

Thanks for handling the spaces. I ordered two. IIRC you have achieve between end to end or side by side. I'd like side by side.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2016, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 27 2016, 06:01 PM) *

Thanks for handling the spaces. I ordered two. IIRC you have achieve between end to end or side by side. I'd like side by side.

Yes. I ordered all 21 side to side. I asked for them all to be in one row. PCA doesn't communicate back to me during the process so what we end up with .....
GaroldShaffer
Giving this a icon_bump.gif My room is booked, spaces paid, just need to start getting parts ready to bring. See you all in month or so. beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
Just booked a room for Fri & Sat.
so put me down for the dinner

Looking forward to meeting other teener owners and checking out the swap meet / show.

Since the GF won't lend me her C300 to drive, I'll be bringing the truck, so that pretty much puts me out of the rally drive. I'm sure no one would want to be seeing this their rear view.

Click to view attachment

On the plus side I can carry lots of parts. laugh.gif

See you there.
mepstein
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Mar 11 2016, 10:40 AM) *

Looking forward to meeting other teener owners and checking out the swap meet / show.

Since the GF won't lend me her C300 to drive, I'll be bringing the truck, so that pretty much puts me out of the rally drive. I'm sure no one would want to be seeing this their rear view.

Click to view attachment

See you there.

There are usually a couple empty passenger seats. I'll have one. I think a game of changing passengers would be fun.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2016, 10:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

See you there.

There are usually a couple empty passenger seats. I'll have one. I think a game of changing passengers would be fun.

Ya, I'll need a ride too. To busy this winter with 914 stuff to finish the 914. poke.gif
bozo914
[/quote]
Sort of a choreographed multi-car Chinese fire drill ??
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2016, 09:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

See you there.

Brad & I will need seats for Friday also. I guess we could follow everyone with F250 & trailer. shades.gif laugh.gif

mepstein
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 11 2016, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2016, 09:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

See you there.

Brad & I will need seats for Friday also. I guess we could follow everyone with F250 & trailer. shades.gif laugh.gif

You guys are such celebrities, I can't imagine there won't be guys lining up to give you rides and buy your lunch!
stevegm
REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE - HERE

Once you are done registering, please go to - http://paypal.me/savethe914 - to send Paypal, for the dinner and/or shirt(s).
Big Len
Everyone coming should enter the show. It's $10 and it goes to charity.

Quick question: Why hasn't admin given this thread a color?
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Everyone coming should enter the show. It's $10 and it goes to charity.

Quick question: Why hasn't admin given this thread a color?

agree.gif It would be nice to have as many 914s in the show as possible. To sign up for the show you just register day-of-event. We are planning to meet at a donut shop nearby and caravan over together. piratenanner.gif

Background - confused24.gif
Big Len
Sometimes, this site gives me the impression that there's a divide between the west and east coasts and I'm not talking about the Mississippi River.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 12 2016, 11:00 AM) *

Sometimes, this site gives me the impression that there's a divide between the west and east coasts and I'm not talking about the Mississippi River.

It's at the Delaware.
Big Len
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 12 2016, 11:55 AM) *

It's at the Delaware.

Hahaha
stevegm
At the Saturday Evening Dinner, we are going to recognize the top 5 builds in the Build-Off Challenge (at the April halfway point of the Challenge). That should be fun.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 12 2016, 11:55 AM) *

It's at the Delaware.

I knew I had something to do with it. shades.gif
Big Len
It's always about you, isn't it Epstein?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.