Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress Thread 914-6 EP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Thorshammer
Motor finished, more on that in a couple more posts, Tryign to house break the little girl. No quite yet. If you need plug wires don't buy these they suck. Accel for my Electromotive. I'll be buying some Clewett Engineering wires next week, it took me literally 90 minutes to put 6 plug wires on the plugs. Not properly designed for a Porsche. But what should I expect, I bought the wires for a chevy V 8 as suggested by a friend er ah... an aquaintance. No good. But it does run and they do work.

Erik
Jeroen
smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Thorshammer

In case anyone has forgotten, this IS the number you call if you need to call the cops, fire departemnt or have a medical emergency. I just thought I would make it easy for my neighbors to call when I go for a blast up and down the street. Actually they are all very supportive, many seeing the car in the driveway for the first time. What is really the best, is I live right next to a golf course, can't stand the game. And when I mean right next to I mean the 13th T box is 20 yards from my front door. I love firing racecars or motorcycles up when they are about to T up. Racecar firing up while driving......Priceless.

Erik
Thorshammer
Front view, Almost thought I should have turn the Police decal upside down, so it could be read in the mirror. Who cares though.

Erik
Thorshammer
Not bad coverup of my piss poor paint.

Well, the money went into the engine and chassis

Erik
Thorshammer
Some of my reasons for going with this scheme:

Initially thought I could get some DARE money from the state, but the program is not going on anymore.

My local cops are good guys, but getting them to do anything about the assholes that are late for their T time driving down my street at 70 MPH, so I thought I could park this at the end of my driveway, and at least get a couple morons to shit themselves and stomp on the brakes. Just today it's work three times. I thought one woman was going to drive straight into my front yard trying to slow down her Excursion. Same broad I yelled at last summer. Next time, I'm gonna throw a rake at her.

Erik
Thorshammer
Another 1/4 front view, oh and my 100lb yellow lab. Great dog, only bit me once, last Sunday. Thought we were playing, he did'nt. Got me in the finger. Only a little blood. No where near as much blood as this car drew.

Erik
Thorshammer
Front end with Hood, The hood is well used, and well abused, planning on picking up a new one soon.

Erik
ChrisFoley
Good job Erik!
and Good Luck next weekend at NHIS.
I noticed there are a few other EP cars entered.
Thorshammer
Do you remember that I said the little girl was not house broken yet, Yes this is a photo of her peeing on my driveway. Pressure leak from an upper case bolt, rolled the o'ring when I assembled it. Shroud off, problem found, new oring, a little sealant, while its drying, I am posting. This should be the last thing I need to do before the race next week. Be traveling on business this week. Need to ship some stuff out to you guys. Been kind of lax on that. I apologize! Been working. So what do you think?????

Erik Madsen

Post Script: I could use some crew help at NHIS the first week in May for the National, Both Chris Foley and I will be there. I need someone that can do tire temps, and nut and bolt a car, have some reasonable mechanical skill as to be able to check wheel torque, run a stop watch etc.. any takers, gate fee paid. Contact me at 508-947-1079 or 508-524-3145

Erik Madsen
Thorshammer
Thanks Chris, Hope to have the shakedown weekend next wekend and then the National at Loudon. Do you want to share a Garage????

Erik
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Apr 10 2005, 03:38 PM)
Do you want to share a Garage????

Sounds good to me!
Thorshammer
After a little looking and some investigation I have found the leak. A case stud had a partially torn o'ring allowing an oil leak while the engine was running. I hope this is the only one, everything else looked dry as your grandaddys scalp. I did get one zip up the street and the shifter is precise and crisp. but at less than 40 MPH, there's not much you can tell. I will be at the alignment shop next Friday and corner balance at a friends on Friday PM.

Still need crew help!
asphalt
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Apr 10 2005, 11:36 AM)

Erik Madsen

Post Script: I could use some crew help at NHIS the first week in May for the National, Both Chris Foley and I will be there. I need someone that can do tire temps, and nut and bolt a car, have some reasonable mechanical skill as to be able to check wheel torque, run a stop watch etc.. any takers, gate fee paid. Contact me at 508-947-1079 or 508-524-3145

Erik Madsen

I would be very happy to crew for you at the upcoming NHIS event but you would have to clarify what you mean by "both Chris Foley and I will be there". If by that statement you mean that you will be pitted with Chris Foley I will have to decline as I simply do not like the man. I will not go into details here (it is neither fare/or appropriate to do so on this forum) but I have no interest in spending any time in his company besides I would be of little help since I would have to keep one hand on my wallet the entire weekend! biggrin.gif

If you will be pitted seperately I would be happy to pull on my gloves and take one for the team. Maybe I can bring my Russian friend as he is an excellent mechanic and would also be very helpful. An extra pair of hands is always useful. As my old friend Sol Rosenberg was fond of saying, "you never, never....

...know".

I don't have a 914/6 but this guy I know does....
J P Stein
Hay, nice first post. Thanks for dropping by biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (asphalt @ Apr 11 2005, 01:58 AM)
If by that statement you mean that you will be pitted with Chris Foley I will have to decline as I simply do not like the man. I will not go into details here (it is neither fare/or appropriate to do so on this forum) but I have no interest in spending any time in his company besides I would be of little help since I would have to keep one hand on my wallet the entire weekend! biggrin.gif

You've already said enough to get my curiosity working, and you have me at a disadvantage since you don't have a signature in your post. confused24.gif
I can only remember one Porsche person from Vernon who I had a problem with in the past and I thought we patched things up before moving on. Besides he wasn't much good as crew for me. flipa.gif
I'll be happy to step aside and paddock somewhere else if you and Erik want to work something out, but for sure you will see me during the weekend. I sure hope you're not afraid to come face to face. Yack.gif
Oh, and if you give me a hundred bucks up front I'll keep my distance and not even say two words to you. laugh.gif
guywan914
Eric if you need help please let me know. I can get myself and my son to help with the essentials, and the bonus is we get along with chris foley really well so you guys can paddock together. Send a pm and we'll see what we can do beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
Erik (Thorshammer) went away on a business trip for a few days but he helped me figure out who this AssFault lowlife is.
I would have never thought of it on my own since it seemed so trivial at the time it happened. Apparently it was a traumatic experience for him. It happened six years ago! and was our only mutual experience.
This motorcycle racer Charlie C. came to my shop with a desperate need for a seat support bracket since his own aborted attempt let him down and he nearly totalled his bike. He was being sponsored by an acquaintance of mine from a former job and the sponsor told him to go see me.
No mention was made of the fact that Charlie didn't have a pot to piss in so I made up what I thought was a good sturdy lightweight frame to help keep his fat ass on the bike and charged him accordingly. He about shit his pants when I gave him the bill but to his credit he did pay me the full amount. I heard about the financial trauma later from his sponsor and again when I became acquainted with Erik (who was a motorcycle race in his former life).
Charlie definitely doesn't belong on this forum! He is so cheap he makes 914 owners look like millionaires. I'm pretty sure he'll never own any Porsche.

Oops, I just realized Charlie didn't want to go into the details on this forum because it isn't fare or appropriate here. I guess he hasn't spent much time on the 914 club and doesn't know the moderation rules. laugh.gif
Charlie, you should be more careful where you air your dirty laundry. bootyshake.gif
r_towle
Guys,
I would be honored to crew for either one of you.
Let me know the time and the place...

Rich

PM me and I will give you my cell.
I can bring whatever you need for tools.
I live about 1.5 hours from loudon.

Thorshammer
Rich and Guy,

The regional race is this weekend April 17th it is only a one day affair due to the drivers school being on Saturday.

I need one person to help with the car. It is new, so things like nut and bolt checks and leak checks when I come in and Pyrometer check the tires would be much appreciated. This weekend is just a shakedown, and to survive the regional. I am going to try and be competitive, but the overall objective is to learn the car and foil any problems before they foil me. April 30th and May1 is the National and I hope to be competitive and get some points there. That weekend will be spent tuning on Thursday, nut and bolting the car on Friday and checking over. Saturday will be prac/qualifying and then a Sunday race. If you can make it up for only one day, please let me know, the gate fee will be paid, and lunch served as long as you like the restaurant at the track. Please call me to indicate what date you can assist. It would be very helpful. This weekend there will be limited time, but maximum effort will be needed to get the car on the track safely. I do not plan on qualifying at qualifying pace as the engine will be new and the chassis will be the same,. but hope that during the race the times will come down as the event race happens.

Erik Madsen
508-524-3145
r_towle
Gotta work this weekend, but I am up for the national.
I am sure to be there for sunday, possibly thurs or friday as well.

If you want, I could come by this friday afternoon/night 4/16 to go over the car...nuts and bolts check.

Rich
ChrisFoley
Pete and Mary will be with me at the National. Pete has a temporary SCCA membership (for now) so he can go in the hot pits.
I think I'm in pretty good shape since the car ran well at Summit Point. If things are going well for me I can spare Pete to help with Erik's car, especially taking tire temps.
In addition to Erik's lunch offer for crew there should be beer and munchies after the event. givemebeer.gif
Anyone is welcome to visit us. Just remember, I'm not supposed to socialize until after the race. My crew chief will be enforcing that rule. slap.gif
Erik, if you fill up your crew list I have an extra space at this point.
guywan914
Eric, I'll be in Fort Wayne till Sat. afternoon, but will try to help out on sunday. I'll give the cell a call.
Guy
Thorshammer
Wicked Pisser!

It's a New England thing you would'nt understand.

Sunday help would be great. They are planning on two practice sessions which they call "qualifying". This is the way they can get away with cancelling the second "session" which I need badly. The field is only 4 at this time, and I know John Lietner will go decent in his BMW, one guy in a Rx7 will be no problem, and another racer I don't know, so it's looking okay so far, but the engine will have a self imposed rev limit. We'll See. Call me on the cell to arrange for your help on it will be appreciated.

Erik
Thorshammer
Progress Update:

The race weekend went okay, heres what went on with the car itself.

Alignment:
Front:
1 degree negative camber in the front, 1/32 toe out 30 degrees caster, will change to 2.5 next weekend
Rear:
45 minutes of camber in the rear with 0 toe

Corner balanced to LF 437 RF 446
LR 544 RR 539 or 1966 lbs with 2 gals of gas and 50lbs of lead in the car. So it weighs 1954 LBS without fuel, also known in aviation circles
"Zero Fuel Weight" Not bad, I hope nothing falls off. It has a little crossweight in the car, but I am not concerned. Absolute dry without driver is 1750 lbs without lead. Not bad, and I can take more off the car. I found some lead in plate form about 3/8 of an inch thick, which I can place in the car very low. I have the lead bolted to the right hand floor board just in front of the cross brace seemed like it was the right place. I'd like to move some weight to the front end to get a better balance although what I have is not bad.

The Hewland has survived the race, but the Inner CV (type 1 bug) has not. Some of you already know this from my other post. I have the removed the rear cover and shipped it to RIC Racing in Bow NH to modify the left to right throw of the shift lever and add a seal to the rear cover. Thats all for now.

Erik Madsen

groot
I weighed mine on Sunday..... 1899 lbs with driver and 5 gallons.... and I still have steel hood, trunk and rear bumper, no lead yet.

56.1% rear bias and cross-weights are within 0.1%.... but the ride height is higher on the driver's side... gotta fix that, but not until after this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.