Jenny
drunk.gif
Jenny
mueba.gif
Jenny
aktion035.gif
eeyore
I learned two things this weekend.

A) If you think you are going to get rid of stuff, you'll only wind up with even more stuff in exchange. Tires, rims, motor <=> seats, seats, and interior panels.

2) If you want to bring the conversation to a screeching halt, tell the two Tangerine driving club members they are Tanger-weenies.

lol2.gif
hmeeder
Shut up Mark
Aaron Cox
herb,

you posted..... biggrin.gif
can you post a pic of your wheels???
Dr Evil
Wazzzup, Herb! Glad to see I have suckered you into the forum again happy11.gif
McMark
Is it just me or is there only ONE friggin' 914 picture in this thread?! Is this the 914Club or what? rolleyes.gif You SoCal peeps need to get your priorities straight. tongue.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ Apr 19 2005, 11:55 AM)
I learned two things this weekend.

A) If you think you are going to get rid of stuff, you'll only wind up with even more stuff in exchange. Tires, rims, motor <=> seats, seats, and interior panels.

2) If you want to bring the conversation to a screeching halt, tell the two Tangerine driving club members they are Tanger-weenies.

lol2.gif

NOW you're speaking up! You have to be one of the quietest guys (especially for a 914 owner) I've ever met Mark. It was great meeting the So-SoCal gang. Sharon said she enjoyed the dinner also. Thanks for coming out.

I forgot my camera. Or so I thought. I finally found it in my bag the day I was leaving San Diego. Next time... I can post some pics of the purple beastie later this morning. I snapped a few at my house yesterday.
Gint
Lawrence just called. They made it back to Kansas last night and he's taking Pam to the airport now. Le Aubergine 914 made the trip with no major issues. I'm sure he'll be on the board later today or this evening.
Rusty
Morning, all!

Yesterday was catching up on sleep and stuff... but I'm back on the board, and then off to work on the Aubergine (not purple) car! smile.gif

Dr Evil, thanks for the airport pickup and setting up the dinner! It was great to finally put faces some of the names on here! San Diego was so beautiful and Sea World was great. Scott, I really want to thank you again publicly for doing the PPI on this car. aktion035.gif

The car ran fantastic! I lost some power at 11000 feet in the mountains, but once I got out of the mountains, I had no problem attracting a police car in Colorado. The jackass stopped me for going NINE over the limit. I guess he wanted to bag a Porsche with California plates. He asked for the registration and I was thinking... unsure.gif Uhhhh, I just bought this car, but I have no title. Here's all the papers I have. huh.gif I was as polite as I could be and got off with a warning.

I need to track down some oil that seems to splash around in the engine compartment - particularly at high speeds. I know there's a vent hose from the oil filler that drains to a point under the car. I need to get a slobber bottle to capture that. I probably used/lost about 1.5 quarts on the whole trip. Being an unknown car, I stopped to check oil every 100-150 miles.

Mechanically, I couldn't be happier with the car. The interior is great (thanks Mike!), and I'm going to finish installing the carpet kit from Morphenspectra today or tomorrow. Paint on all the panels of the car looked good and everything aligned well.

I discovered why the radio didn't work. It wasn't a blown fuse - it was cut wires under the dash. No radio made for a long cross country trip, but the engine sound was very nice. smile.gif It'll be some wiring, and I'll probably look for a way to just mount a hidden XM or Sirius under the dash.

Oh... two small incidents with the car. I took a rock in the windshield in Utah - small star crack. sad.gif Then, sometime in Nevada/Utah/Colorado, I took a stone to the R side fog-light lense. The light works, but the lense is shattered all to hell. smile.gif

Oh, hey... Gint - it was good to see you in Colorado. Just hearing about the Ark doesn't do it justice until you see it. I peeked inside, and that tub looks stunning! wub.gif

I'll post pictures in a bit... when I find the cable to my camera!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Verruckt
Hey Rusty, I just had a "brain thang..."

You're not "Last Chance" Rusty are you? ohmy.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Apr 21 2005, 08:43 AM)

You're not "Last Chance" Rusty are you? ohmy.gif

I don't think so. If that was a movie reference, it went over my head. biggrin.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 21 2005, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Apr 21 2005, 08:43 AM)

You're not "Last Chance" Rusty are you?  :o

I don't think so. If that was a movie reference, it went over my head. biggrin.gif

No, Last Chance the bar. The guy who owns that infamous bar on Moro St in Aggyville. Was just wondering if you were the same Rusty. I guess not.
Rusty
Wow... a Kansas reference! ohmy.gif

No, that's not me. In fact, I've never been that bar. Maybe someday.
Verruckt
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 21 2005, 08:15 AM)
Wow... a Kansas reference! ohmy.gif

No, that's not me. In fact, I've never been that bar. Maybe someday.

You've NEVER BEEN!?!? ohmy.gif

Wow.. yeah I worked as a barback there when I was going to school. Was wondering if maybe you were my old boss unsure.gif
skline
The radio did work in that car, It even has a power antenna that worked. It was a Pioneer radio and I know it did work cause I was listening to it.
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 21 2005, 09:33 AM)
The radio did work in that car, It even has a power antenna that worked. It was a Pioneer radio and I know it did work cause I was listening to it.

I dunno. confused24.gif

Maybe something happened to it. No big deal. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
Well, if you found cut or dissconnected wires, they probably did it when they removed the dash to recover it. Not a big deal, they are easy to hook up. As I recall, it wasnt that impressive of a sounding radio as in lack of large enough speakers. Thats an easy fix too. Glad you made it home with little or no problems. I bet you turned a lot of heads driving it home. It's not everyday you see a car that color.
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 21 2005, 09:42 AM)
Well, if you found cut or dissconnected wires, they probably did it when they removed the dash to recover it. Not a big deal, they are easy to hook up. As I recall, it wasnt that impressive of a sounding radio as in lack of large enough speakers. Thats an easy fix too. Glad you made it home with little or no problems. I bet you turned a lot of heads driving it home. It's not everyday you see a car that color.

Yep... that's probably how it happened.

Here are a few pictures. I think Andy snuck in and took this one. smile.gif
Rusty
Looking down from the hotel balcony.
Rusty
Dinner.
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty
A new/old Ad: The Badlands Porsche.

Rusty
Tucked away safely. wub.gif
Jenny
that last pic is a good one of you Lawrence. Khaki suits you much better than pur... err.. aubergine.

Jen
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 21 2005, 01:09 PM)
A new/old Ad: The Badlands Porsche.

Ain't that part of Utah nice. I love it there. You should have detoured to Moab though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.