Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego Area 914 Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rusty
I decided to start a new thread! type.gif

On the 16th, we're going to hold a 914 dinner. This will also be the day Doctor Evil and I unveil the new Aubergine (not purple) car! biggrin.gif

Copied as best I could from the other thread, in alphabetical order, we have the following people coming to dinner on the 16th:

Joe & Aaron - 2 (a couple? rolleyes.gif )
Brad Roberts - 2
Brando - 1
Jenny - 2, possibly 3
Mark (Cloudbuster) - 1
Mike (His Evillness) - 2
Mike (Gint) - 2 definite maybe
Scott Kline - 1
Thomas (OneRacer914) - 1

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
You know, I may still fly out to S.D. that weekend. I just found out relatives I was going to visit are now spread out across 3 states anyway.

I have Shar checking for hotels and flights. Stay tuned...
john rogers
Dammm, I'd like to go but will be in Tecate racing that weekend. These 914 dinners are usually pretty good as I think the last one we had for Dave was good. If Brad is coming maybe he could bring me a pair of front hubs please?
JoeSharp
I'll be there, I think Aaron is going to occuping the passenger seat (seating bitch).
It will be nice to pay you that beer I owe you.
biggrin.gif Joe
Brando
So it'll be unveiling the Purple Penis Puffer?

I'm still in for this shindig.
Jenny
I think everyone wants to buy Rusty a beer. He's going to be so shitfaced, it'll be great drunk.gif

Jen
Pam
Trust me, Jen, there is NOTHING 'great' about Rusty when he's shitfaced.

Besides, if I understand the order of business and car acquisition correctly, if he gets drunk at dinner then *I* drive the car back to the hotel. He doesn't always appreciate my particular style of driving.

-Pam

DonTraver
Put me down for a seat, see you there, Later Don
rhodyguy
not mentioned. you 2 are staying outwest for the weekend of the 23rd?

k
bernbomb914
I would like to go but will be in new mexico that weekend (santa fe) I hope everyone has a good time at the dinner.

Bernie
Jenny
QUOTE (Pam @ Apr 1 2005, 10:10 AM)
Besides, if I understand the order of business and car acquisition correctly, if he gets drunk at dinner then *I* drive the car back to the hotel. He doesn't always appreciate my particular style of driving.

-Pam

That's the idea! wink.gif He'll be too busy hanging his head out the window to object. icon8.gif

Look forward to seeing you again, Pam!

Jen
Pam
Well..you've got a point about the head hanging....at least if he's the first to mess up the carpet on his 'new' car - he can't give me a hard time for whatever little minor spills might occur on the way back to Kansas.

There's still the matter of me dragging a hung- over Rusty to SeaWorld the next day.....

How about if you only get him sort of shitfaced and I promise to TELL you many, many, many stories about tequila and the 'human party favor'.

-Pam
skline
I may bring a woman with me if I can find one. Otherwise I will be alone, like normal.
Gint
You can change me from "maybe" to definite. We're driving out Thursday, staying in Newport Beach and then heading slowly south down the 101 to San Diego on Friday. We'll most likely pound Coronas and tacos de carnitas in T.J. on Saturday early and then hook up with you guys in the afternoon for a wrench-fest and dinner. We'll head out on Sunday afternoon, take the southern route (much of which we've never driven before west of N.M.) so we can lunch in Santa Fe Monday and still get home by midnight.

Woohoooo!!!!! driving.gif
Allan
I'm going to try and talk my wife into going. If I can it will be three of us. Has anyone ever heard of either Momma's or Keiber Pass?

I wanna go!
ClayPerrine
Wish I could be there... but unfortunately I am occupied that weekend.....

Make sure to get pictures of the PURPLE 914 for me!!!

Gotta admit though... Rusty's gotta be really secure in his manhood to drive a PURPLE 914 halfway across the country!!!! biggrin.gif

eeyore
I ate at Khyber Pass about 10 years ago. I think it has ceased to be. Been to another place that I can't remeber the name of, even though I just passed by it last week and said "Yeah, that place. I need to go again." Helpful, ain't I?
skline
Well, I am not bringing a woman but One914racer (Thomas) is going to ride down with me to attend. Bringing some parts down for the Dr. too.
JohnM
I would like to attend. Write me in for one seat. John
JoeSharp
Don't get embarassed Scott. I got Eran with me.
biggrin.gif Joe
T H O M A S
thank you ron
sunday D&G ?????
MattR
I should be able to go, but I think im dropping off the 912 for some mexico paint and body so I'd need to arrange a ride back... brando? can i take shotgun in your car? anyone from oc?
Reiche
There is a small chance I will be there. If not I will try to talk my non-posting brother into driving his newly-aqcuired RUNNING 914 over to meet all you guys. Let me work on it and I'll let you know.
Rusty
I'm really looking forward to this trip and dinner. I've never met most of our California brother and sisters. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Got my Magnecore wires in the mail yesterday... gonna go put them on! wub.gif
Red-Beard
Has anyone tried to contact Herb Meeder? He's usually up for a San Diego get together...
skline
Ok, well the list has not been updated yet and have we decided on where we will be enjoying a fine meal, great libations and friendly chat? Has anything been set yet? Reason I ask is it is only 6 days away and I really dont want to drive all the way down there just to cruise around SD blindly. Where are we all meeting? We will be leaving about 4 or so from Costa Mesa and heading down. Anyone want to tag along? We can meet at my house.

Too bad James had to up and move away, he would have really enjoyed this.
Dr Evil
Sorry for being gone for soo long. I have been busy between work, the purple people eater, family, and broken down cars and appliances dry.gif
The head count so far includes:
Rusty + Pam
Me + Noel
Scott + Aaron
Johnnyx
Mark (Cloudbuster)
Gint + 1
Brad + 1
Brando
Joe Sharp
Jeff + 1
Jenny + 2
Thomas
MattR

Total = 21

If you are/are not going and wish the list up dated, let me know. I will be checking on the final seating number availability at Guadalajara restaurant in old town. Maybe tomarrow.
Evil out.
Jenny
I'm pretty sure Brad's flying solo, if at all. I'll find out tomorrow if he's still planning on heading down south (before his court date)

Jen
Dr Evil
Ya, I know that these things are like hearding cats. I will tell them 25 and expect either an excess or a defficit. Its the best I can do for now anyway. I forgot to mention that my car is still sans engine. I will be towing it to the storage lot tomarrow so that I can work on it at night. I just did some work to the killer eggplant and I can be loud and messy there until late. Lucky me because I gotta work (a lot).

Look forward to seeing you there. I hope Brad can make it, but I definetly understand.
Rusty
When I talked to the Bradmeister a few days ago, he was in. smile.gif I don't think I've seen him since the MUSR in DFW... wow, time flies.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 10 2005, 11:36 PM)
Ok, well the list has not been updated yet and have we decided on where we will be enjoying a fine meal, great libations and friendly chat? Has anything been set yet? Reason I ask is it is only 6 days away and I really dont want to drive all the way down there just to cruise around SD blindly. Where are we all meeting? We will be leaving about 4 or so from Costa Mesa and heading down. Anyone want to tag along? We can meet at my house.

Too bad James had to up and move away, he would have really enjoyed this.

Fair question for sure. I've been wondering the same thing.

Where are we gonna be working on the eggplant-mobile? I would like to meet up on Saturday afternoon for the wremching party.
Jenny
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 12 2005, 03:44 AM)
When I talked to the Bradmeister a few days ago, he was in. smile.gif I don't think I've seen him since the MUSR in DFW... wow, time flies.

That's when I saw you (first and) last too!

Just spoke to Brad. I guess the Brad +1 was for Andy, so I was wrong. But he's still up in the air about coming down this weekend. Will keep you posted if I hear back one way or the other.

I can't wait to see everyone! What a nice prelude to the WCC '05

Jen
MattR
I cant go sad.gif

I guess I'll have to wait a week for WCC to see everyone again.
Dr Evil
Right on Gint! I'll PM you my # so you can call and get directions.

MattR, stop sucking and get down here....or get down here and start sucking. Either way you need to be there.tongue.gif

I just drove the purple people eater down to TJ for its final buff. Nothing attracts idiotic drivers like a fresh paint job. As I was approaching the boarder, some lady in a big whit pickemup truck came at me going the wrong way...on the f-ing freeway!. I dodger her. On th eway back I drove my mom's freshly repainted VW buss and had to dodge a guy that looked like he was sleeping at the wheel rolleyes.gif

I realy hate (stupid) people.
eeyore
Where is the wrenching? Mike's place, or Don's? When?

If Jen is going to be there I might even wash my hair AND take a bath. Plus I'll put in my good tooth --good ole 'Chopper'

boldblue.gif
Jenny
also handy for opening bottles & cans!!

Jen wink.gif

(I guess this means I should also wash my hair and take a bath? rolleyes.gif )
Gint
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Apr 12 2005, 01:39 PM)
Right on Gint! I'll PM you my # so you can call and get directions.

MattR, stop sucking and get down here....or get down here and start sucking. Either way you need to be there.tongue.gif

I just drove the purple people eater down to TJ for its final buff. Nothing attracts idiotic drivers like a fresh paint job. As I was approaching the boarder, some lady in a big whit pickemup truck came at me going the wrong way...on the f-ing freeway!. I dodger her. On th eway back I drove my mom's freshly repainted VW buss and had to dodge a guy that looked like he was sleeping at the wheel rolleyes.gif

I realy hate (stupid) people.

So? Where's the party? I'm leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow and won't have net access after that.

Still waiting on that PM. Shoot me the addy so I can Mapquest it.
Gint
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 13 2005, 10:14 AM)
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlo...rch&cat=Mexican

Try this one.....It's in Old Town

Parking is shitty in Old Town (unless they've changed it)

I don't think that's where we're working on the purple people eater?
Rusty
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 13 2005, 11:49 AM)

Nooo. Mike has a secret place, where he's been storing the Aubergine (not purple) car.

I mailed my tools out to California on Monday. Amazing how much a couple of flat-rate boxes can save you, when mailing STEEL. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jenny
do we have a rendezvous time for said mexican restaurant? I, too, won't have access to the net past tomorrow. How 'bout maybe a phone number for those of us that might get lost? (Not for the restaurant, for a club member, maybe?)

Jen
Jenny
Well, don't I feel sheepish... Baaa!!!user posted image
dlo914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 12 2005, 02:07 PM)
also handy for opening bottles & cans!!

Jen wink.gif

(I guess this means I should also wash my hair and take a bath? rolleyes.gif )

should conserve water and take baths/showers in pairs according to opposite sexes...cant help being an enviro-nut biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 13 2005, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 13 2005, 11:49 AM)

Nooo. Mike has a secret place, where he's been storing the Aubergine (not purple) car.

I mailed my tools out to California on Monday. Amazing how much a couple of flat-rate boxes can save you, when mailing STEEL. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

I basically planned a vacation around this unveiling, so it'd be kinda nice if someone would pony up the "secret" location.
Rusty
Anyone know if there's a hookah bar in San Diego? wub.gif
skline
There are lots of hookahs on PCH in Long Beach and even more on Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana, but I would highly suggest you not go with any of them. You just never know what you might pick up from one of them.

laugh.gif
Rusty
You're very funny, Scott. slap.gif

Actually, this place looks like it has potential.

http://www.fumari.com/thescene/

-Rusty smoke.gif
Red-Beard
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 13 2005, 12:37 PM)
Anyone know if there's a hookah bar in San Diego?   wub.gif

There is one in Pacific Beach, on Garnet, between Cass and Bayard. Or is it between Dawes and Cass? It's on the North side of the street.

Maybe you can get Dr. Evil to bring his to the restaurant.

I will bet there is one in Ocean Beach as well, but I wouldn't know where to look. Have the Doctor ask mamma Evil....
Dr Evil
Well, I finally got the reservation in for 20 people at 7pm. They said that there will be one check, autmatic 17% gratuity, and we nee to be there on time because at 7:15 our tables go on the market. Sat in old town is crazy busy. Please make it there on time. Here is the address:
4105 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 295-5111

Dr Evil
I have two hookahs, and know of a few places. At the end of my street is the Chairo lounge. It is open late and probably is not as expensive.

Closer look at the retaurant:
Dr Evil
The eggplant is being held behing a World Wide Auto Parts in Lemon Grove on Broadway.

Its under lock and key.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.