Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914 - 28,816 original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ May 7 2016, 01:46 AM) *
I have heard early 70MY 4 cyl. cars were built in Stuttgart as a pilot before handing it off to Wolfsburg, can anyone confirm that ?

No, only the /4 prototype cars were built by Porsche and as far as i know they were all sent to the crusher.

All production /4 cars were built by Karmann in Osnabrück.
shades.gif
smokey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2016, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ May 7 2016, 01:46 AM) *
I have heard early 70MY 4 cyl. cars were built in Stuttgart as a pilot before handing it off to Wolfsburg, can anyone confirm that ?

No, only the /4 prototype cars were built by Porsche and as far as i know they were all sent to the crusher.

All production /4 cars were built by Karmann in Osnabrück.
shades.gif

Thank u Chris !
Thanks Andy !

Rick Mc
smokey
Sold the lilbasterd !
# 2 ?
lol-2.gif
The green car was my 7 th . This 1970 is my 38 th 914.
I know , I know . After that many cars. Shouldn't u know about the rear valance thing ?
I am on the fence with this . The seller is trying to speak to the Dr . Who bought the car new. To find out about this. So , please reserve judgement .i will let ya all know wen I hear back from the Road S guys . I have owned three other 197o cars. Never seen a six rear valance on a 4 cylinder car .
The green lil bitch was sold to a guy in London , he turned it to a buyer in sunny Florida . Off the grid ! The buyer in Frorida is not on this board. He dose not drive it @ all. The car sits in a collection dry.gif

The car will be in the concourse @ Werks. The judges , fine toothed , What ?
Please come see her.

smoke.gif
Rick
smokey
38 special !

New license plates ?

smoke.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(smokey @ May 11 2016, 03:56 AM) *

smoke.gif
Rick

OMG Jealous beerchug.gif smoke.gif
smokey
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ May 11 2016, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(smokey @ May 11 2016, 03:56 AM) *

smoke.gif
Rick

OMG Jealous beerchug.gif smoke.gif

Thanks Chris . I hope u are well .
The green ( lilbasterd ) car . I bought it from bontempi in o4 . It started life as a 74 2.0.
What u see hear is what it turned into. A 3.2 fuel injected Rocket . 901 with a short ratio ring and pinion from Gards Trans. four and fifth gears were repalced . Longer fourth matched to a taller fifth . Tom Amon , built the box . Don Wise completed the 3.2 install.
Yes ! That is a 2.0 badge on its ass . A little false advertising sunglasses.gif and yep ! Those are R6 Hoosier zzzz. I was running then 24/7 . They just felt better all around. With all that power , the car tended not to over or understeer. It was very tight a little Darty .

Your looking at Magna flow outs from Patrick Motorsports

smoke.gif
smokey
38 special ( 1970 1.7 ) is being trucked to Canepa Motorsports , Santa Cruz . To get a full belly rub down . ( full service ) and also to document every thing about this car .
biggrin.gif
smokey
Canepa Motorsports
Scott's Valley
Cars N Coffee

ITS HEAR !

It got , two thumbs up from all the Canepa people. They are doing a compleat service to the car . It's in the service area now . I was able to get over there last week to check it out .
The car was delivered last week . I can't be there tommarrow

smoke.gif
Rick Mc
smokey
Hey guys !
Update to the rear valance originality.
Yes ! It's the rong one . I know , I know . We covered that . I just wanted to let everyone know what was on there . The rear valance on the car is fiberglass. And there is a small ding In the body right above the rear bumper top . The car looks like it was tapped it the rear . Very small . Can be fixed .

smoke.gif

Rick McCarthy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.